What's new

At last Pakistan is getting J-10

If Russia gives an ok for resuming arms sales to Pakistan....i can see PAF asking for 40 SU-34s as well as T-90 tanks.

SATAN said:
If Russia gives an ok for resuming arms sales to Pakistan....i can see PAF asking for 40 SU-34s as well as T-90 tanks.

Satan pls, why do assume such wild things.

India is the worlds second largest arms importer and its usual for various suppliers to woo India.But when u see India showing interest in non russian suppler it also has given larger than ever contracts to russia thru MKI,T90,AC Gorskshows,Mig 29K,missile batteries,Akulas(?) etc etc.

So what makes u think it will try to offer pakistan and loose india which is its second largest customer?

Do u think pakistan can fit the bill and match up the hole that India leaves in the Russian defence exports?

So what are the assumptions on which u base such a argument???

Oh ....and i see Pakistan buying more M-35 helicopters from Russia also. :thumbsup:

WebMaster said:
Rafale and Typhoon dreams are now out of question. J-10 i believe is a pretty good option, it will be pretty good for our air force to have it. Its much better than Su-30 and Su-27 variants, but what we need with J-10 is a good tracking and engaging capability. Also it would be nice to have AESA or PESA radar fitted in there to give it a quite good edge compare to our counter part, Su-30MKI.

Since the numbers are very few its possible that we should be able to get a good radar system. If Chinese are taking time we can go to French and ask for help. Although WS-10A is in a pretty good stage. The nose of the aircraft is also not a problem in fitting the radar since it is big enough, so it is a very good chance that we will be able to equip an AESA radar with it.

A respectable source from Pakistan told me that this deal was already agreed some time ago and a French package of electronics is being tested on the Mirage III testbed for both JF-17 and the J-10.
A PAF Mirage III is repeatedly seen at Le Bourget and Tououse last year.
AFM forum even posted a picture.

I'd be more than happy to see Russia clear the sale of 200 RD-93 powerpalnts as requested by China for Pakistani planes.
This could be an ice breaker.
Russian planes will enter Pakistani sky in PAF colors in near future :thumbsup:

SATAN said:

There is no need to waste money on T-90 tanks when now you can get Al-Khalid 2 with much better edge. ;)

I dont think it would be a good idea to buy T-90 tanks when we are EXPORTING Al-Khalids to countries like Saudi Arabia. :rolleyes:

I know that pakistan would buy j-10 sooner or later since it was bound to happen after musharaf's visit to china.Pakistan might not at all go for f-16 unless alot of the purchase is funded by america, but we still have the f-16 option (including block 60).The j-10 is "ok" but still the f-16 block 50&52 would still beat it in almost every way accept manuvearability (claimed to be better than su-30mkk).The only reason I am up for this purchase is so that in the future we can upgrade the j-10a configuration to the j-10c which is said to be on par with major western fighters.Pakistan should still keep the eurofighter and rafale offer on the table cause the j-10 alone wont be able to counter the mki threat.

Kaiser said:
I know that pakistan would buy j-10 sooner or later since it was bound to happen after musharaf's visit to china.Pakistan might not at all go for f-16 unless alot of the purchase is funded by america, but we still have the f-16 option (including block 60).The j-10 is "ok" but still the f-16 block 50&52 would still beat it in almost every way accept manuvearability (claimed to be better than su-30mkk).The only reason I am up for this purchase is so that in the future we can upgrade the j-10a configuration to the j-10c which is said to be on par with major western fighters.Pakistan should still keep the eurofighter and rafale offer on the table cause the j-10 alone wont be able to counter the mki threat.

Its really hard to say, how J-10 is gonna perform. But i bet ya it wont be less than F-16 block 52 or any 4rth gen fighter. Otherwise there was no point for PAF to go for J-10 leaving out there premier fighter jet "F-16".:huh:

melb4aust said:
Its really hard to say, how J-10 is gonna perform. But i bet ya it wont be less than F-16 block 52 or any 4rth gen fighter. Otherwise there was no point for PAF to go for J-10 leaving out there premier fighter jet "F-16".:huh:

Stop trying to compair the J-10 with the latest western fighters thats still out of question until the j-10c comes out.At best J-10 is on par with f-16 block 30 in avionics and F-15c in terms of performance.The future of PAF will compose of the jf-17 as a advanced point defence fightern and strike aircraft to form the main backbone of the PAF, the f-16 will serve as the air dominance fighter,the j-10 will perform as a dedicated interceptor (this is were its real good at), while the final fighter (rafale,eurofighter) would perform as dedicated air superiority fighter with F-16's.All of these would be supported by the EIREYE so radar range and ECM capabilities with India is fairly equal.Only the future will tell but, I trust the new airmarshall as he is already leading the PAF in a right direction and is using politics to try to gain advantage of the F-16 deal (as is price,weapon systems,avionics, and quantity) which is really clever.

there is a problem with russian planes not only quilty but russian arent very trustful ally towards u guys i think they in favourable of the indos.....

t-90..... lol i tot u guys have mbt2000.
as for su-xx..... i tot u guys are planning to buy f-16, fc-1, j-10..... (how much will u guys spend on defense?)

WebMaster said:
There is no need to waste money on T-90 tanks when now you can get Al-Khalid 2 with much better edge. ;)

I dont think it would be a good idea to buy T-90 tanks when we are EXPORTING Al-Khalids to countries like Saudi Arabia. :rolleyes:

in 2004 Kasuri was in Moscow when Musharaf was in Sweden to buy the Eireye AWACS and a possible sale of 60 JAS Gripens. Moscow was asked if theyd be willing to sell PA some T-90 tanks and some other stuff. Moscow of course was selling T-90s to india at that time , so it said "maybe".
Now...the T-80 is being upgraded to the T-84 standard :thumbsup: and the Al-Khalids are being exported to Saudi Arabia! What is the AL-Khalid ll going to be like? anyone know?

Even if Russia agrees to sell aircrafts to Pakistan. I dont think it matters, because Pakistan will not buy them. The only aircraft they have is Su-30 and hell the one they will offer to us will be no way comparable to Su-30MKI which has most of the technology from the different areas of Europe and it is truely an advanced fighter.

I know China has ordred Su-30MKK, but still they are not that quite good. The Russian avionics sucks, and so does the Chinese avionics, so i think if we ever go with J-10. It should be an upgraded J-10A with most the technology from Europe such as avionics, radar, ECM suite, etc. If we get a Russian aircraft we will surely get some good weaponry with it though, but i am not too much depending on it, because i dont really think Pakistani will go with Russian aircrafts because they will too act like on and off just like America due to their relatiosn with India.

I would go for Gripen than Russian aircrafts any day, and if we wait it soon will be offered, and i believe will be quite cheap, but of course not as J-10. So basically if we are going to buy Russian aircrafts i would go for Gripen, and if we are going for J-10s than i would say let them go with it, and it is a correct choice to have a combination of JF-17 and J-10s. In the future after MRCA order has been chosen further advanced fighter in low numbers about 40-50 can be acquired.

SATAN said:
in 2004 Kasuri was in Moscow when Musharaf was in Sweden to buy the Eireye AWACS and a possible sale of 60 JAS Gripens. Moscow was asked if theyd be willing to sell PA some T-90 tanks and some other stuff. Moscow of course was selling T-90s to india at that time , so it said "maybe".

Were u there with kasauri in Moscow!!!;) I was wondering how u heard it.

care to post the link pls....:mad:

Kaiser said:
Stop trying to compair the J-10 with the latest western fighters thats still out of question until the j-10c comes out.At best J-10 is on par with f-16 block 30 in avionics and F-15c in terms of performance.The future of PAF will compose of the jf-17 as a advanced point defence fightern and strike aircraft to form the main backbone of the PAF, the f-16 will serve as the air dominance fighter,the j-10 will perform as a dedicated interceptor (this is were its real good at), while the final fighter (rafale,eurofighter) would perform as dedicated air superiority fighter with F-16's.All of these would be supported by the EIREYE so radar range and ECM capabilities with India is fairly equal.Only the future will tell but, I trust the new airmarshall as he is already leading the PAF in a right direction and is using politics to try to gain advantage of the F-16 deal (as is price,weapon systems,avionics, and quantity) which is really clever.

I am not after any kind of arguments here, but just tell me why would pakistan leave F-16 block 52 and choose J-10 if it is less superior to F-16 block 52 which is a 4rth gen fighter?

I have already said so as you, that it depends on the avionics, and Pakistan wouldnt go for a 3rd class stuff, not this time, thats for sure. Then why J-10 if its not a 4rth gen Fighter?

melb4aust said:
I am not after any kind of arguments here, but just tell me why would pakistan leave F-16 block 52 and choose J-10 if it is less superior to F-16 block 52 which is a 4rth gen fighter?

I have already said so as you, that it depends on the avionics, and Pakistan wouldnt go for a 3rd class stuff, not this time, thats for sure. Then why J-10 if its not a 4rth gen Fighter?

Mel,
Read this weeks Flight International. The article reporta that PAF is to cut down the number of F-16 back to 24-36 (new ones) due aftermath of the Oct 8t EQ.
Officially we have ordered 16 Jf-17's and there are no cuts backs in the original planned 150 fighters and that will remain our first priority.
Btw, the redesigned Thunder will make the first flight this month. :thumbsup:

Greece has ordered two new batches of F-16's and that will keep the production gap well running till next year, so PAF has bought more time to decide exact number of Falcons.
Decision is expected in June this year.

Back
Top Bottom