What's new

At a time when Pakistan Iran relations are tanking, Saudi minister land in Pakistan.

So, Iran with India is screwing in Baluchistan. Majority of Pakistanis are now calling out Iran for what it is. Out of no where, Saudi interior minister land in Pakistan. Very interesting!

In meeting with Saudi minister, PM Imran thanks kingdom for support during 'challenging times'

Dawn.comPublished February 7, 2022 -

Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid welcomes a Saudi delegation, led by his counterpart, Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif, at Nur Khan Airbase in Rawalpindi. — APP

Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid welcomes a Saudi delegation, led by his counterpart, Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif, at Nur Khan Airbase in Rawalpindi. — APP
Prime Minister Imran Khan (R) meets Saudi Interior Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif (L). — Photo courtesy Radio Pakistan

Prime Minister Imran Khan (R) meets Saudi Interior Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif (L). — Photo courtesy Radio Pakistan
Saudi Interior Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif calls on Pakistani counterpart, Sheikh Rashid. — Photo courtesy: Radio Pakistan

Saudi Interior Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif calls on Pakistani counterpart, Sheikh Rashid. — Photo courtesy: Radio Pakistan

Prime Minister Imran Khan met Saudi Interior Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif on Monday and expressed his gratitude to the kingdom for its "steadfast support to Pakistan, especially in challenging times", according to a statement issued by the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
The Saudi minister, who had arrived in Islamabad along with a delegation earlier today on a day-long visit, called on the prime minister after meeting with his Pakistani counterpart, Sheikh Rashid, and President Dr Arif Alvi.

According to the PMO, PM Imran particularly thanked the delegation for the recent financial budgetary support extended to Pakistan by the kingdom.

"The prime minister praised the leadership role of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in promoting Islamic unity and acknowledged the endeavours of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia for peace and security in the region and beyond," the statement said.
He also lauded the vision of Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman for the kingdom's progress and commended "his invaluable contribution to abiding fraternal relations between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia".
Thanking the Saudi leadership for hosting a large Pakistani community in the kingdom, the prime minister emphasised the need for further strengthening people-to-people linkages.
Noting the conclusion of the agreement for the transfers of prisoners between the two countries, he expressed the hope that a large number of Pakistani prisoners in Saudi Arabia would be repatriated to their home country through this framework.
The premier also condemned attacks by Houthi militia targeting Saudi Arabia and reaffirmed Pakistan’s full support for the kingdom’s security, sovereignty and territorial integrity, the PMO said.
It added that the Saudi interior minister conveyed the cordial greetings of the Saudi crown prince to the prime minister and reaffirmed close fraternal relations between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
"He also acknowledged the positive contribution of Pakistanis in the development of the kingdom and reiterated the resolve to work closely with the Pakistan side on all matters relating to his ministry."

Meeting between interior ministers​

Earlier, Prince Abdulaziz met Pakistani counterpart, Sheikh Rashid. According to Radio Pakistan, the two ministers discussed issues of mutual interest, including the regional security situation.
"The two ministers emphasised on strengthening ties between the Ministries of Interior of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. They said better liaison between ministries is needed to address various issues, including security challenges," the report said.
Rashid said that Pakistan valued its relations with Saudi Arabia as they were based on mutual trust and Islamic brotherhood.
He said that the two million Pakistanis working in the kingdom were a precious asset and thanked the Saudi government for taking excellent care of them.

Both countries have shared concerns in Afghanistan: President Alvi​

Later, the Saudi delegation met President Dr Arif Alvi during which he highlighted that both countries had "shared concerns" in Afghanistan. He also urged the international community to help the Afghans in their hour of need.
According to Radio Pakistan, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia also reiterated the importance of further strengthening and diversifying bilateral cooperation in various areas of mutual interest.

President Alvi said that the two countries had an excellent relationship which needed to be "further cemented for the mutual benefit of the two countries", the report said.
He expressed the hope that the Saudi government would give "positive consideration" to release Pakistani prisoners in the kingdom who had completed their sentences.
"The president also expressed gratitude to the Saudi leadership for launching the Road to Makkah pilot project and stated that the government of Pakistan was looking forward to its expansion to other cities of the country," the report said.
He also thanked the kingdom for its valuable support in the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) as well as its participation in the 17th session of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers held in December, besides providing financial support to Pakistan.
Alvi also asked the visiting dignitary to convey his sincere wishes to King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, the report added.
The Saudi minister told the president that steps were being taken to address the issue of Pakistani prisoners by the technical teams of the two countries. He thanked the government for extending a warm welcome and hospitality to his delegation during their stay.
"The president appreciated the role and support of the kingdom for hosting over two million Pakistanis and its benevolent approach towards them during the pandemic," the report added.

Saudi minister arrives in Islamabad​

The Saudi minister arrived in Islamabad earlier today. Naif, who is accompanied by a delegation, was received by his Pakistani counterpart, Sheikh Rashid, at the Nur Khan Airbase in Rawalpindi, Rashid said in a tweet.
Interior secretary Yousaf Naseem and other senior officials were also present on the occasion, APP reported.

According to state-run Radio Pakistan, the Saudi minister is visiting Pakistan on Rashid's invitation and will hold meetings with him, as well as Prime Minister Imran Khan and President Arif Alvi.
"Regional situation, release of Pakistani prisoners in Saudi Arabia and other matters of mutual interest will be discussed during the visit," the Radio Pakistan report said.
Speaking about the visit during a press conference in Islamabad a day ago, Rashid had said that Pakistan had a deep, cordial and brotherly relationship with Saudi Arabia.
The interior ministers of Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, etc., were also being invited to visit Pakistan, he had added.
In this connection, he had further stated that the government was making all-out efforts for the return of Pakistani prisoners languishing in jails abroad.
Time to tell the Saudis we are with them through and through. We'd do everything that could hurt Iran's interests and even Iran itself. Striking two birds with one stone. On the one hand, truncating burgeoning Indian influence in the absence of our presence in GCC, and on the other making Iran vulnerable enough fr it to become sensitive to our interests. Not to forget all the monetary benefits we could have until the economy gets into shape and on the road to greater self-sufficiency.

These gulfies threw their Palestinian blood brothers to the curb to eat on the same table with uncle sam, yet some how they have stronger bond with Pakistanis?
A world of difference between Pakistan and Palestine.

Last edited:
These gulfies threw their Palestinian blood brothers to the curb to eat on the same table with uncle sam, yet some how they have stronger bond with Pakistanis?

Didn’t we Pakistanis throw our fata Pakistanis villages to the Americans drones I did not see any civil unrest in Pakistan on this

Simple. If Iran is truly destabilizing Balochistan through its terrorism... Make peace with Israel and invite them to Balochistan to exterminate the Mullah terrorist regime of Tehran.
Iran really has crossed all limits.
I'm no Saudi lover but purely as a Pakistani I feel they need to be put in their place.
They have acted without restraint and with impunity for far too long.
I realise the implications of confronting them but confronted they must be.
If they are going to try to bring us down then we need to bring them down.
We have a lot more options that they think.
We need to let them know that we will go to any length, including colluding with their enemies to secure our country and our interests.
If they are throwing down the gauntlet we need to be picking up and slapping them across the face with it.
For far too long we have been respectful of what we see as our brotherly Muslim countries while all we have got in return is a kick in the teeth.

Pakistanis need to realise we are Pakistani first and foremost. Without Pakistan we lose everything we hold dear, including ultimately a homeland where we can exercise our religious freedom to the fullest.
It's time to either be a Pakistani or prepare to become nothing at all.

Those who comes in peace, are always welcome.

However, I think it was a planned visit and had nothing.to do with recent development.

I agree with you but can you imagine the reaction of the Mullahs and their zombie followers if Pakistan were to make peace with Israel?
Even the Saudis are about to do diplomatic relations with Israel.

The Arabs have failed themselves. USA supports Israel tooth and nail.

both need to go but people here are making GCC sound like angels
Very one-sided view of some people here

Their practices resulted in a lot of bad thing for nation of Pakistan
How do you suggest we deal with Iran taking the piss out of us on a regular basis.
I'm a very patient guy but even I'm losing patience in the face of our soldiers getting slaughtered at the hands of scum that is being facilitated openly by the Iranians.

Even the Saudis are about to do diplomatic relations with Israel.

The Arabs have failed themselves. USA supports Israel tooth and nail.
I agree with you on that point but you didn't answer my question.
What about the backlash from the religious idiots that would follow.

How do you suggest we deal with Iran taking the piss out of us on a regular basis.
I'm a very patient guy but even I'm losing patience in the face of our soldiers getting slaughtered at the hands of scum that is being facilitated openly by the Iranians.

Not all Mullahs would be against doing bilateral relations with Israel.
We have to be practical.

Try to convince the qaum why Pakistan would benefit from normalizing relations with Israel.

We have to tell the idiots in our country, what are the stance of Arab countries on Kashmir?

It has to be a two way street.

I see alot of Iran bashing and cheers for Saudis on this thread. But keeping aside the emotions, has anyone bothered to zoom out and look at the situation from rational perspective?

Here are a few points to ponder on

1. Why did the Saudis fly over to Pakistan? I am sure they didn't come all the way here just so that PMIK can thank them for their "steadfast support"
2. Can anyone tell me who brought radicalism into Pakistan?
3. Why would Iran want to stir things up in Balochistan, its a fire that will burn it aswell. Also does it make sense to start conflict with another of its neighbours when it already has its hands full?
4. If there is a conflict between Iran and Pakistan, then who would benefit from it? it won't be Iran or Pakistan.
5. Alot of people are voicing their support for Pakistan to fight Yemen just to please the Saudis, yet not one of them even knows what this conflict is about? if you do some research, you will understand that staying out of this war will be better not just for us but for the people of Yemen who have no say at all in this matter and are its foremost victims. Think of it this way its like how India sent its forces to assist Mujeeb in 1971. In Yemen's case there are 3 Mujeebs ( 1 shia and 2 Sunni ), Shia one (Houtis) is supported by Iran, one Sunni (Hadi) by Saudis and the last Sunni one ( Aidarus) by UAE.

Are Saudis and UAE really our allies?

1. Just last month UAE signed a deal to invest $100Mil in IOK and they had signed more agreements last year. Why is UAE investing in areas that its "supposed ally" terms as occupied by its enemy?
2. In 2019, MBS had announced that Saudis will invest $100Bil in India. How much did he announce to invest in Pakistan, which BTW never came.
3. What did the Saudis do when PMIK was about to travel to Malaysia to attend the Anti-Islamophobia summit?
4. Did you know how much interest they were charging Pakistan when they gave us $3B and how they demanded their money back and how they blackmailed us by threatening to kick out all Pakistanis?
5. Did you guys forget how a UAE minister threatened us?

All the people calling Saudis true friend or ally, have never lived in Saudi or UAE. Pakistanis will never be more than a dog to them, They are rearing you so that if time arises they will use you to bite their enemies, while you lick their feet for scraps the rest of the time.

I see alot of Iran bashing and cheers for Saudis on this thread. But keeping aside the emotions, has anyone bothered to zoom out and look at the situation from rational perspective?

Here are a few points to ponder on

1. Why did the Saudis fly over to Pakistan? I am sure they didn't come all the way here just so that PMIK can thank them for their "steadfast support"
2. Can anyone tell me who brought radicalism into Pakistan?
3. Why would Iran want to stir things up in Balochistan, its a fire that will burn it aswell. Also does it make sense to start conflict with another of its neighbours when it already has its hands full?
4. If there is a conflict between Iran and Pakistan, then who would benefit from it? it won't be Iran or Pakistan.
5. Alot of people are voicing their support for Pakistan to fight Yemen just to please the Saudis, yet not one of them even knows what this conflict is about? if you do some research, you will understand that staying out of this war will be better not just for us but for the people of Yemen who have no say at all in this matter and are its foremost victims. Think of it this way its like how India sent its forces to assist Mujeeb in 1971. In Yemen's case there are 3 Mujeebs ( 1 shia and 2 Sunni ), Shia one (Houtis) is supported by Iran, one Sunni (Hadi) by Saudis and the last Sunni one ( Aidarus) by UAE.

Are Saudis and UAE really our allies?

1. Just last month UAE signed a deal to invest $100Mil in IOK and they had signed more agreements last year. Why is UAE investing in areas that its "supposed ally" terms as occupied by its enemy?
2. In 2019, MBS had announced that Saudis will invest $100Bil in India. How much did he announce to invest in Pakistan, which BTW never came.
3. What did the Saudis do when PMIK was about to travel to Malaysia to attend the Anti-Islamophobia summit?
4. Did you know how much interest they were charging Pakistan when they gave us $3B and how they demanded their money back and how they blackmailed us by threatening to kick out all Pakistanis?
5. Did you guys forget how a UAE minister threatened us?

All the people calling Saudis true friend or ally, have never lived in Saudi or UAE. Pakistanis will never be more than a dog to them, They are rearing you so that if time arises they will use you to bite their enemies, while you lick their feet for scraps the rest of the time.
Our only Ally in the world are turkey and china
And I suggest even with them do not trust them blindly and always be careful

People calling GCC as some sort of long lost brothers are delusional to say the least

So, Iran with India is screwing in Baluchistan. Majority of Pakistanis are now calling out Iran for what it is. Out of no where, Saudi interior minister land in Pakistan. Very interesting!

In meeting with Saudi minister, PM Imran thanks kingdom for support during 'challenging times'

Dawn.comPublished February 7, 2022 -

Prime Minister Imran Khan met Saudi Interior Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif on Monday and expressed his gratitude to the kingdom for its "steadfast support to Pakistan, especially in challenging times", according to a statement issued by the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
The Saudi minister, who had arrived in Islamabad along with a delegation earlier today on a day-long visit, called on the prime minister after meeting with his Pakistani counterpart, Sheikh Rashid, and President Dr Arif Alvi.

According to the PMO, PM Imran particularly thanked the delegation for the recent financial budgetary support extended to Pakistan by the kingdom.

"The prime minister praised the leadership role of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in promoting Islamic unity and acknowledged the endeavours of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia for peace and security in the region and beyond," the statement said.
He also lauded the vision of Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman for the kingdom's progress and commended "his invaluable contribution to abiding fraternal relations between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia".
Thanking the Saudi leadership for hosting a large Pakistani community in the kingdom, the prime minister emphasised the need for further strengthening people-to-people linkages.
Noting the conclusion of the agreement for the transfers of prisoners between the two countries, he expressed the hope that a large number of Pakistani prisoners in Saudi Arabia would be repatriated to their home country through this framework.
The premier also condemned attacks by Houthi militia targeting Saudi Arabia and reaffirmed Pakistan’s full support for the kingdom’s security, sovereignty and territorial integrity, the PMO said.
It added that the Saudi interior minister conveyed the cordial greetings of the Saudi crown prince to the prime minister and reaffirmed close fraternal relations between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
"He also acknowledged the positive contribution of Pakistanis in the development of the kingdom and reiterated the resolve to work closely with the Pakistan side on all matters relating to his ministry."

Meeting between interior ministers​

Earlier, Prince Abdulaziz met Pakistani counterpart, Sheikh Rashid. According to Radio Pakistan, the two ministers discussed issues of mutual interest, including the regional security situation.
"The two ministers emphasised on strengthening ties between the Ministries of Interior of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. They said better liaison between ministries is needed to address various issues, including security challenges," the report said.
Rashid said that Pakistan valued its relations with Saudi Arabia as they were based on mutual trust and Islamic brotherhood.
He said that the two million Pakistanis working in the kingdom were a precious asset and thanked the Saudi government for taking excellent care of them.

Both countries have shared concerns in Afghanistan: President Alvi​

Later, the Saudi delegation met President Dr Arif Alvi during which he highlighted that both countries had "shared concerns" in Afghanistan. He also urged the international community to help the Afghans in their hour of need.
According to Radio Pakistan, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia also reiterated the importance of further strengthening and diversifying bilateral cooperation in various areas of mutual interest.

President Alvi said that the two countries had an excellent relationship which needed to be "further cemented for the mutual benefit of the two countries", the report said.
He expressed the hope that the Saudi government would give "positive consideration" to release Pakistani prisoners in the kingdom who had completed their sentences.
"The president also expressed gratitude to the Saudi leadership for launching the Road to Makkah pilot project and stated that the government of Pakistan was looking forward to its expansion to other cities of the country," the report said.
He also thanked the kingdom for its valuable support in the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) as well as its participation in the 17th session of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers held in December, besides providing financial support to Pakistan.
Alvi also asked the visiting dignitary to convey his sincere wishes to King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, the report added.
The Saudi minister told the president that steps were being taken to address the issue of Pakistani prisoners by the technical teams of the two countries. He thanked the government for extending a warm welcome and hospitality to his delegation during their stay.
"The president appreciated the role and support of the kingdom for hosting over two million Pakistanis and its benevolent approach towards them during the pandemic," the report added.

Saudi minister arrives in Islamabad​

The Saudi minister arrived in Islamabad earlier today. Naif, who is accompanied by a delegation, was received by his Pakistani counterpart, Sheikh Rashid, at the Nur Khan Airbase in Rawalpindi, Rashid said in a tweet.
Interior secretary Yousaf Naseem and other senior officials were also present on the occasion, APP reported.

According to state-run Radio Pakistan, the Saudi minister is visiting Pakistan on Rashid's invitation and will hold meetings with him, as well as Prime Minister Imran Khan and President Arif Alvi.
"Regional situation, release of Pakistani prisoners in Saudi Arabia and other matters of mutual interest will be discussed during the visit," the Radio Pakistan report said.
Speaking about the visit during a press conference in Islamabad a day ago, Rashid had said that Pakistan had a deep, cordial and brotherly relationship with Saudi Arabia.
The interior ministers of Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, etc., were also being invited to visit Pakistan, he had added.
In this connection, he had further stated that the government was making all-out efforts for the return of Pakistani prisoners languishing in jails abroad.

Saudi and allies are soon launching a massive operation to eliminate Houtis once for all...the visit is to give Pakistan a chance and seek their support in providing military support (Raheel Sharif is already coordinating).....This will give Pakistan dollars and help breaking some isolation among OIC nations...also since now establishment can always blame Iran in light of recent attacks, going to Saudis (breaking so call neutrality between Saudi/Iran) will not be a problem.

Iran backstabbed Turkiye too in winterperiod they cut the gassupply just to damage the ruling party there.

Iranians started the sectarian war in Pakistan after 1979 revolution.

Think about this, Iran under the Shah was a great of ally and supporter of Pakistan and got along famously with the Arabs with ease, he's buried in Egypt of all places.

All the problems started after Khomeni took over and saw it his religious duty to expand and export the revolution to other countries.

Saudi funding only came in to counter Iranian revolutionary evangelism.
Correct you brother, Saddam Hussain in 1971 smuggled weapons in the boxes of the Iraqi embassy in Islamabad. He is the one who started a massive killing campaign against shia. Saudi maddrash are all over Pakistan , along highways, they have very deep roots. Majority Pakistani mullah on Saudi payroll. Recently buidling a millions of dollar mosque in Islambad by Saudi govt... who you guys fooling. The cream of educated shia or some sunni already left Pakistan. Zia exported men power from all over the world to fight against Russia in Afghanistan and now the same element killing Pakistani and Pak army left and right. Only in 2021 , 271 Pak army Officers were martyred by TTP. The list is more then 70,000 till 2015 or before... who are you guys fooling....
Saudi is the one who asks the Pakistani govt not to send Shia army officers to Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:
Everyone the Saudis and Iranians and others are there for their own interests.

I for one will never forget UAE and Saudi attitude when Kashmir's autonomy was snatched and a demographic genocide started and they refused to call an OIC meeting. Money isnt everything.

May be if we have sent the army in yemen, this cold attitude of Saudis and emiraatis would never emerge but who knows. But their giving out medals to a war criminal will not be forgotten sorry.

As far as Iran is concerned, who stops us from tightening the screws on them via afghanistan. Iranian establishment should be confronted directly and ISI chief should be in Tehran if even a thread of irani zafran is discovered with any terrorist.
They have oil and next few days US govt is going to release 29 billion dollars to the Iranian govt. Godamn what we have to fight for ... We love to hang ourselves on others' balls for a few rial more ..Suadi have money , they prefer Indian over Pakistani in skilled labor, our doctors been kicked out, because new guide line introduced by " Indian doctors" in Saudi health ministry panel...this is just one example. what we have to show muscles ... sorry to say we are one pathetic slave...
Here we beg for 1 billion dollars, I personally know a small company named LUCID MOTORS, CEO meet MBS personally for investment and walk out with a 1 billion dollar check and promise of more investment by MBS under PIF program.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom