What's new

Astra Missile - india, Pakistan's reply?

Dude ... LCA isnt a failed project get it right.
i wouldnt say that far saying pakistani nuke missiles are korean and chinese copy instead i respect their effort so atleast if you cant praise dont say something which aint true.
If you wanna know how far LCA has gone have a look at LCA here . enuff said!.

ASTRAA is a suvvesful missile, it has a very complicated guidance system and uses anti-jamming countermeasures.
if you havent heard something bout "mayabi" israeli and indian EW suite which will be fitted in LCA in a upgrade and which will be fitted in JSF is israel opts fot tht is a little example how advanced electronic warfare we have done.
we have been trailing in engine technology. true 100% period but not electronics or complex software codings!

Dude ... LCA isnt a failed project get it right.
i wouldnt say that far saying pakistani nuke missiles are korean and chinese copy instead i respect their effort so atleast if you cant praise dont say something which aint true.
If you wanna know how far LCA has gone have a look at LCA here . enuff said!.

ASTRAA is a suvvesful missile, it has a very complicated guidance system and uses anti-jamming countermeasures.
if you havent heard something bout "mayabi" israeli and indian EW suite which will be fitted in LCA in a upgrade and which will be fitted in JSF is israel opts fot tht is a little example how advanced electronic warfare we have done.
we have been trailing in engine technology. true 100% period but not electronics or complex software codings!

Where should I look at the LCA? The LCA is a failed indian attempt to make a copy of the mirage 2000 instead its much worser!:disagree: India has yet to make anything on the LCA, that includes engine, radar, ew, etc...

P.S. Pakistani ballistic missiles are said to be years ahead of india's. I dont think you know about the failed Agni 3 test. Even after that the indian govt tried to show off its newly modified Privithi which exploded even before launch killing 15 people, I bet you didnt see that in the Hindoooostani times, did you?

Where should I look at the LCA? The LCA is a failed indian attempt to make a copy of the mirage 2000 instead its much worser!:disagree: India has yet to make anything on the LCA, that includes engine, radar, ew, etc...

P.S. Pakistani ballistic missiles are said to be years ahead of india's. I dont think you know about the failed Agni 3 test. Even after that the indian govt tried to show off its newly modified Privithi which exploded even before launch killing 15 people, I bet you didnt see that in the Hindoooostani times, did you?

LMAO LCa failed keep dreaming!? oh well by here click "tht LCA here" its a link :rolleyes: ok for your simplicity http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63091

And bout ICBM's ok i agree pakistani ICBM is advanced and the best!!! :banana2: but sadly enough govt will think 10000 times before using it, :yahoo: .
havent u heard it can even act as a antiballistic shield to defend against Minuteman 3 and Topol-M, as minuteman 3 is considered now a days more critical than agni so the result anti ballistic system.

Inspite of having a succesfull Space prigram, our Missiles fail.Now why would that happen?Is it because we are trying to do everything ourselves and thats why its so painstaking.Even if the final goal is not achieved, there are lot of other developments thats very usefull.Like the kanchan reactive armour developed for Arjun.And read below,

"In terms of technology, it is anticipated that India will use its LCA derived technology spinoffs over the production run, replacing several of the imported components in the current Sukhois, including its Sextant Multifunction displays with local ones, a locally produced display map generator (DMG, currently being sourced from Israel) and more powerful locally designed Open Architecture computers are also a possibility for the MKIs avionics system, replacing the current Indian Mission computers and display processors."

Now how many failures has Pakistan suffered in its military development history,how many satelites has you managed to put in orbit.

Now lets not making it a spitting contest,im not a vivid fan of India's indegenous plans,nor of yours.

Your missiles are stolen copies,your nukes are suppise to be chineese origin.But what does that change ,Nothing.It still kills and can do the job.Thats all what matters.

Your missiles are stolen copies,your nukes are suppise to be chineese origin.But what does that change ,Nothing.It still kills and can do the job.Thats all what matters.

for sake of historical accuracy i would say this:

our missiles are not stolen copies.....we gave the chinese and NK proven and advanced centrifuge technology and they in return gave us proven and tested missile technology ( Ghuari from NK and Shaheen's from China ).

It may come to people as surprise but china did recieve advanced and much more straightforward way of enriching uranium from us...in the form of P2 centrifuges...which the chinese didnot have....having much more laborious and difficult method of enriching uranium....we made their life easy...they made ours.:army:

PS. for the benefit of less knowledgable ones.....enriched uranium is the constant need of nations running civilian and milatary programs...on its own it can fuel the nuclear bomb.....but more commonly nowadays its used to fuel civil nuclear reactors to produce electricity...and the byproducts left in the reactor is plutonium which countries having milatary nuclear projects use to make nuclear bombs.

Pakistans early missiles are probraly copy's but our latest missiles (shaheen 2, shaheen 3, ghauri 2, ghauri 3) are all made at home.

These missiles are one of the most advanced and accurate ballistic missiles in the world.

I wouldn't just go ahead and call all the early missiles copy. We have not copy anything. We only imported M-13 Ballisitc Missile from China and as far as design familiarization of Ghauri goes with No-dong series, well you can say that it is based on it.

Pakistans early missiles are probraly copy's but our latest missiles (shaheen 2, shaheen 3, ghauri 2, ghauri 3) are all made at home.

These missiles are one of the most advanced and accurate ballistic missiles in the world.
what published data do you ave with you to say so?

I wouldn't just go ahead and call all the early missiles copy. We have not copy anything. We only imported M-13 Ballisitc Missile from China and as far as design familiarization of Ghauri goes with No-dong series, well you can say that it is based on it.

fair enough!!!

just like we are getting jf-17 technology transffered to produce jf17 at home...same is the case with pakistan;s leading missiles i.e. ghauri and shaheen.

we gave them centrifuge technology ( which has been revealed threadbare in the investigations of A Q Khan network ) and in return got the missile technology....to produce the missiles at home.

The reason i take issue with the word "copy" is that it suggests of their being a trial and error stage with the missile development....which infact is totally missing from pakistan's missile development when it comes to ghauri and shaheen systems. North Korea gave Ghauri and seeing that pakistan had gotten the MRBM technology from NK...china opted to get the centrifuge technology and gave similar capability shaheen....all this happened in the 1990s when Dr A Q khan was sharing the centrifuge technology........note the fact that Ghauri was successfully test fired 11 months before shaheen.....meaning that both NK and China entered into the bartering deals around the same time with pakistan ( roughly same time or lag of few months ). What we gave them was mature technology of centrifuges and they in return gave us tested and mature technology of missiles. So we produce the missiles using that technology as oppose to developing a technology of our own to copy those missiles, if we had done this then there would have been many trial and error stages.

we gave them centrifuge technology ( which has been revealed threadbare in the investigations of A Q Khan network ) and in return got the missile technology....to produce the missiles at home.

So basically you are agreeing that AQ kahn proliferated with the full knowldge of GOP and now he has become a scape goat.

i meant if Astra is better than sd-10...... (there would be no point for pakistan to get sd-10 if Astra is much better than sd-10)

AAMs and weaponry in general is not acquired or developed comparing it like you have done.

SD-10 has its deterrance value. Any IAF aircraft venturing on the Pakistani side knows that PAF has a BVR capability at standoff ranges, they would be very careful. The fact that SD-10 would arm 150+ JF-17s is no small capability. Any BVR AAM, regardless of how crappy its guidance or performance was would make a pilot extremely concerned if one was fired at him/her. If SD-10 is slated/claimed to be equal to AIM-120B means that roughly the JF-17s would be able to operate at the confidence level the USAF CAPs had during GWI. This is not that bad and hell of a lot better capability than the AGM-54 Phoenix and AIM-7 Sparrow days.

Astra was to go into serial production in 2000. This has not happened. At best Astra will be a limited production thing, while the IAF goes to some Israeli, Russian or even US BVR AAM as its mainstay.

Back
Top Bottom