What's new

Assam woman who kissed Rahul Gandhi burnt to death by husband

First, Nobody knows for sure what caused the woman's death. It might or might not have been that incident. The point is since Rahul knows nothing about Indian cultural heritage and how conservative the society is, the woman should definitely be knowng that since she happens to be an Indian so why would she want to kiss another man knowing what implications such an act would have as well as the repercussions?? She wasn't born or raised in Italy or was she?? Though I agree this is far from an ideal way that a leader should behave.

Women has always been attracted to men with perceived power. She would hardly be the first one in history to throw herself at one such person.

false news......... now it is cleared. NO link with rahul

Women has always been attracted to men with perceived power. She would hardly be the first one in history to throw herself at one such person.

Really?? Are you a woman if I may ask?? Man or woman, a human being is bound to respond in accordance with their societal norms and whats acceptable in one's society and what isn't. If a woman in a conservative society who is well aware of the consequences of such acts still pursues them then how can you blame a man who you claim that isn't well aware of India's conservative culture?? Though like I said, none of us knows for sure whether this incident caused her death or not.

Really?? Are you a woman if I may ask?? Man or woman, a human being is bound to respond in accordance with their societal norms and whats acceptable in one's society and what isn't. If a woman in a conservative society who is well aware of the consequences of such acts still pursues them then how can you blame a man who you claim that isn't well aware of India's conservative culture?? Though like I said, none of us knows for sure whether this incident caused her death or not.

You talk as if no human beings acts in variance with social norms :disagree: ......they do and there are corresponding repercussions.

A man not aware of Indian culture has no business going out in public and playing the fool. The consequences are tragic. (at the very least)

You talk as if no human beings acts in variance with social norms :disagree: ......they do and there are corresponding repercussions.

A man not aware of Indian culture has no business going out in public and playing the fool. The consequences are tragic. (at the very least)

No, I am not saying that. You clearly misconstrued what I meant was knowing if a grown up person responds in a way which isn't acceptable in a society then he or she is aware of that and of the consequences of their actions. We aren't living in a perfect world where we all would get justice if we are wronged. I never meant that people necessarily don't act against the norm. Merely that they know the dynamics of their respective societies all too well and how they function.

No, I am not saying that. You clearly misconstrued what I meant was knowing if a grown up person responds in a way which isn't acceptable in a society then he or she is aware of that and of the consequences of their actions. We aren't living in a perfect world where we all would get justice if we are wronged. I never meant that people necessarily don't act against the norm. Merely that they know the dynamics of their respective societies all too well and how they function.

There is nothing to indicate the victim was not aware of the repercussions of her actions. Maybe she did not expect such an extreme consequence. Same can be said for Rahul G too.

It is precisely because we do not live in a perfect world most people have to act within the folds of acceptable social norms.

There is nothing to indicate the victim was not aware of the repercussions of her actions. Maybe she did not expect such an extreme consequence. Same can be said for Rahul G too.

It is precisely because we do not live in a perfect world most people have to act within the folds of acceptable social norms.

Well If you read my first post I did say it wasn't how a leader should have behaved. And you are right thats precisely why most have to act within the folds of acceptable societal norms. Grown up people are called that because they are responsible human beings who are very well capable of making decisions for themselves and are subjected to their consequences. I can give the benfit of the doubt over this statement that she might not have expected such an extreme consequence but conservative societies usually take extreme measures in such cases and she should obviously be knowing her husband well enough. Again only if it indeed is the reason behind her death.

Well If you read my first post I did say it wasn't how a leader should have behaved. And you are right thats precisely why most have to act within the folds of acceptable societal norms. Grown up people are called that because they are responsible human beings who are very well capable of making decisions for themselves and are subjected to their consequences. I can give the benfit of the doubt over this statement that she might not have expected such an extreme consequence but conservative societies usually take extreme measures in such cases and she should obviously be knowing her husband well enough. Again only if it indeed is the reason behind her death.

Burning your wife is an extreme step even for a conservative society. He attempted to killed himself too, so it appears like temporary insanity driven by rage or shame or fear.

Burning your wife is an extreme step even for a conservative society. He attempted to killed himself too, so it appears like temporary insanity driven by rage or shame or fear.

Obviously its an extreme reaction but as I mentioned earlier usually in such cases people do take extreme measures. As far fetched as it might sound such incidents are very much in the news every other day. Other than that it even varies from one household to another.

Obviously its an extreme reaction but as I mentioned earlier usually in such cases people do take extreme measures. As far fetched as it might sound such incidents are very much in the news every other day. Other than that it even varies from one household to another.
hmmm...
so, what do you think of woman action ......and their family reaction on her.....
being a woman yourself...how do your perceive it

hmmm...
so, what do you think of woman action ......and their family reaction on her.....
being a woman yourself...how do your perceive it

Depends on the action?? Or are you referring to this particular action?

this one...
the woman was burnt to death....for her kiss to rahul gandhi......

I obviously would say that any person shouldn't pursue such an extreme and cruel path no matter what. But thats how I would like it to be. Whether thats how it is in our respective societies?? The answer is NO. I definitely don't agree with an inhumane act of this kind but knowing that I live not in a utopian society and mine has some flaws as well, If I act suicidal then it won't necessarily be wrong on my part but it would surely invite ugly consequences and unfortunately we can't change that.

I obviously would say that any person shouldn't pursue such an extreme and cruel way no matter what. But thats how I would like it to be. Whether thats how it is in our respective societies?? The answer is NO. I definitely don't agree with an inhumane act of this kind but knowing that I live not in a utopian society and mine has some flaws as well, If I act suicidal then it won't necessarily be wrong on my part but it would surely invite ugly consequences and unfortunately we can't change that.
hmmm....
ok..kind of agree with you here.......I still feel as a married she would not have kissed rahul......and still what was done to her is way too extreme.....

any way..do you watch cricket.....:D

Back
Top Bottom