What's new

Asia's Great Naval Rivalry

http://www.*****-******.com/NAVY/Ships/Active/190-Project-17.html
Project 17 (Shivalik) Class - B****t R*****k

The Project 17 (P17) standard frigate (and the follow-on P-17A) will be the Indian Navy's new stealthy multi-role surface combatant for the 21st century. Class frigates by some years. Russia's Severnoye Project Design Bureau (Severnoye Proyektno-Konstruktorskoye Bjuro - SPKB) was responsible for the weapons integration on the P-17 Canada's Davis Engineering provided Infra-Red Suppression System (IRSS) design tools & training to the Indian Navy for the P17 ships and this will help the ships in having a lower IR (infra-red) signature. The Canadian IRSS is the most effective IR signature reduction device in service today. The German RAMSES Radar Cross Section (RCS) prediction software was used to optimize the RCS signature for this design. UK's DERA was appointed consultant ofr underwater noise studies. The vessel features a CODOG (COmbined Diesel Or Gas Turbine) propulsion plant featuring two General Electric LM 2500 IEC (Integrated Engine Controls) Marine Gas Turbines and two S.E.M.T. Pielstick 16 PA6 STC diesel engines driving two Controllable Pitch Propellers (CPP) through two Renk gearboxes. Renk of Germany supplied the gearboxes through their Indian partner, Elecon. This is understood to be a breakthrough for Renk since the Indian Navy uses gearboxes from their competitor, MAAG.

In October 2001, CAE of Canada was awarded a contract by MDL and the Indian Navy to act as the overall platform functional integrator and supplier of the Integrated Machinery Control System (IMCS) for the three P17 Class frigates. CAE India and CAE Montreal will jointly manage this program jointly.The main gun on the P17 is a 76.2 mm Super Rapid Gun Mount (SRGM) made under license from OTO Melara of Italy

The sensor suite is primarily comprised of Russian, Israeli, and Indian equipment. The main air search and targeting radar for the Shtil SAM system is a foremast-mounted MR-760 Fregat M2EM 3-D air search radar. Fire control guidance and target illumination for the Shtil SAM system is provided by four 3R-90 Orekh (NATO: Front Dome) radars. Fire control for the 76mm SRGM and the CIWS is provided by two Elta EL/M 2221 directors - mounted atop the bridge and aft on a platform atop the hangar. Fire control radar for the SSMs is by a Garpun Bal. A new Israeli radar, the long range version of the Elta 2238, AMDR-ER is fitted. One mast mounted Bharat Electronics EON-51 EO director for gunfire control as well as two M22E telesights for the Shtil system are fitted.

Now this is from BR ... I would love to see some people still claiming that all these sites are run and edited by Pakistanis
Thank you bro ! It cant be called indigenous if half of the systems + engine are bought from foreign countries ... Can it be ?
But still the knowledge of building and integrating these systems is massive for the Indian Docks
This will help in the future surely !

^ only the weapons systems are procured everything else was designed and made in India including the steel your jealousy makes me laugh going on Wikipedia and GS to type up your own personal beliefs grapes are sour aren't they? you still have failed to provide a reference for that Wiki/GS BS

@secur aka yodhashakthi
you are stooping very low to keep this thread alive. Creaing double ID to argue in your favor when no one else gives you support ! Very novel idea !

Seriously Dude ! You need a psychologist You dont have a **** idea about what you are talking !!!

Calling Wikipedia and Global Security as biased what the **** do you think you are ?

I dont think somebody would edit it in a moment to prove his point ... I have seen this page 10's of times with the same message as the person posted

You have no freaking idea how Wikipedia works and how it uses sites as a source and Global security is one of them

BTW how can he edit Global Security ? :hitwall: Yes its a credible site which has posted hundreds of articles against Pakistan too

If you rely on biased Govt sites to feed your blind patriotism then you deserve to be lied

How exactly can we build a stealth frigate without foreign assistance if we have no former experience with it ? HOW ?

If you are debating for the sake of debating , then i think you better stop now !

You are embarrassing us by your childish remarks :hitwall:

@ Secur

I know it was built with foreign assistance but isn't it a step towards indigenization ?

With steps like these , we will surely make these systems indigenously after some time !

false flagger provide a reference like i did including all the videos and links Shivaliks were designed and made in India not with foreign help seriously if Wikipedia is all you got or GS which uses the same info from Wiki just be quiet because you cannot provide a source that states the Shivalik frigates were made in Russia and here more sour grapes

Navy gets its 2nd indigenous stealth frigate - Indian Express

^ only the weapons systems are procured everything else was designed and made in India including the steel your jealousy makes me laugh going on Wikipedia and GS to type up your own personal beliefs grapes are sour aren't they? you still have failed to provide a reference for that Wiki/GS BS
Make it the weapons systems , radar , weapon themselves , stealth equipment and engine which are imported from outside so just cut the crap about it being indigenous ... What jealousy ? :rofl: Will i be jealous because you imported equipment from Russia , France , USA and other countries and assembled it in Mazagon ... I have provided cople of sources about it being a extension of Talwar class frigates ... Not my fault if your mind cant comprehend simple facts

@secur aka yodhashakthi
you are stooping very low to keep this thread alive. Creaing double ID to argue in your favor when no one else gives you support ! Very novel idea !

desperation at its finest he is claiming Shivalik frigates were designed by russia :lol: and all he is showing me as proof is the stuff he typed up on GS and Wikipedia with out a reference hahaha trolls these days :P

@secur aka yodhashakthi
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Here comes another specimen ... What remains to be proven ? I have given couple of sites which can refute the indigenousness claim ... and concerning double ID ... I am astonished to see how your mind works

desperation at its finest he is claiming Shivalik frigates were designed by russia and all he is showing me as proof is the stuff he typed up on GS and Wikipedia with out a reference hahaha trolls these days
Yes even your Bharat Rakshak is edited by us lol

Make it the weapons systems , radar , weapon themselves , stealth equipment and engine which are imported from outside so just cut the crap about it being indigenous ... What jealousy ? :rofl: Will i be jealous because you imported equipment from Russia , France , USA and other countries and assembled it in Mazagon ... I have provided cople of sources about it being a extension of Talwar class frigates ... Not my fault if your mind cant comprehend simple facts

dimwit why are you changing the subject? now you've gone on to the Talwar frigates? the crap you've been posting on here claiming the Talwar frigates to be the same as the Shivalik frigates from Krviak 3 ....when they are nothing alike Talwars are the IN specific modified Krivak frigates ordered last decade do yourself a favor and stop posting your BS has been debunked Wikipedia/GS without a reference won't help you

Navy gets its 2nd indigenous stealth frigate - Indian Express

false flagger provide a reference like i did including all the videos and links Shivaliks were designed and made in India not with foreign help seriously

What reference can suffice for people who delude themselves ?

Videos and Links from our country's sites

You got to be kidding me :D

If you buy half of the equipment from foreign countries , then what its called ? Indigenousness

[/COLOR] Yes even your Bharat Rakshak is edited by us lol[/QUOTE]

where is the reference i asked for? come on now you've been posting crap on here for the past couple of days saying how our indigenous Shivalik frigates were designed by Russia either pull up a reference or stfu.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Here comes another specimen ... What remains to be proven ? I have given couple of sites which can refute the indigenousness claim ... and concerning double ID ... I am astonished to see how your mind works

Yes even your Bharat Rakshak is edited by us lol

Right back at you ! You have lost all credibility. I will leave to the mods to investigate your double id !

What reference can suffice for people who delude themselves ?

Videos and Links from our country's sites

You got to be kidding me :D

If you buy half of the equipment from foreign countries , then what its called ? Indigenousness

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: secur if your going to make a double account at least try not to be so obvious

dimwit why are you changing the subject? now you've gone on to the Talwar frigates? the crap you've been posting on here claiming the Talwar frigates to be the same as the Shivalik frigates from Krviak 3

Stop inventing things by yourself ... The above provided reference was for Shivalik not Talwar and No i didn't claim for a second that Talwar is same as Shivalik if you check my earlier posts ... Just google P17 A and you will get the idea how indigenous your ship is :rofl:

Right back at you ! You have lost all credibility. I will leave to the mods to investigate your double id !

I dont even need to answer dear ... Leave it to the mods for investigation

where is the reference i asked for? come on now you've been posting crap on here for the past couple of days saying how our indigenous Shivalik frigates were designed by Russia either pull up a reference or stfu.

You are seriously ill ... Half the time you keep mixing things up to prove your point ... Just check that posted BR excerpt
IF even BR is lying , then i am sure there's no further need to argue

Back
Top Bottom