What's new

As Iran's Military Enters Iraq, Here's A Look At What They Have In Their Arsenal

More like AGM-65 Mavrick With a range of over 20 km.
521383_660.jpg

I know , but i mean was that maximum range of all MANPADs in the world is about 5 km, right! so when Su-25s can fly at an altitude of more than 7 km and also can firing laser guided missiles over than 20 km distance from targets so MANPADS not work against them..no?!

and lets me add some more infor :

IRIGC UAVs can lock on target with their laser beam and Su-25 can target it from distance .... this was tested and shown in some war-game ...

USA needs to understand that Iran's is not its enemy. US and Iran need to work together to defeat these ISIS and Al Qaeda terrorists.

These Iranian frogfoots will be very susceptible to MANPADS seen in the hands of some ISIS fighters. Its not going to be rosy for the new coalition.
VERY susceptible? As in, more so than other aircraft? Why?
I would think Su-25 - like A-10 Warthog - to be designed to take more of a beating than other aircraft.

I know , but i mean was that maximum range of all MANPADs in the world is about 5 km, right! so when Su-25s can fly at an altitude of more than 7 km and also can firing laser guided missiles over than 20 km distance from targets so MANPADS not work against them..no?!
Depends on the missile.

Effective range (i.e. not max range)
RBS-70NG = 8km
Starburst/starstreak = 7km
Mistral, SA-14 = 6km
Stinger = 5km

NB this is horizontal. Vertically, effective ranges are around 3km in height.

I hope the Iranians use everything they have and blow the hell out of those ISIS devils.

Allah speed to the Iranian forces.

Pointless thread! While Iran may have some fancy weapon platforms like the S-300 missiles and submarines, none can be used in Iraq except for some fighter jets and drones.

What you need is boots on the ground - well trained forces with state of the art small arms and armored personnel carriers for fighting in built-up areas. This ain't conventional warfare.
unless the darka darka ISIS raises a raft navy otherwise Iran Navy doesnt have any chance of action or spectacular victory

I hope the Iranians use everything they have and blow the hell out of those ISIS devils.

Allah speed to the Iranian forces.
Iranian involvement will force the Saudis to come all out and take the front lines of ISIS.. they cant let Iran spoil what they have planed so meticulously also there is a threat that ISIS might turn its guns on the hand that feeds it.

on the other hand I think
Saudis have created a monster and they better join everyone to curb it before it turns the entire Middle east into a graveyard

Iranian army drew a blank against Iraq for 8 years

US conquered Iraq within weeks.

Weak.

Back
Top Bottom