What's new

Argentina Rejects American, Russian & Indian Jets Selects JF-17

JF-17 Block 3 makes mincemeat of EF-2000 and F-35B.
LOL 😂😂😆 both (EF-2000/F-35 B) are way way ahead of Block III they will eat whole Block III with ease, you're comparing apple to oranges, f-35 is a world most electronically advance jet ànd both are medium to heavy weight whereas Block III is light weight jet lol get out of your fantasy world 😂😂😂

LOL 😂😂😆 both (EF-2000/F-35 B) are way way ahead of Block III they will eat whole Block III with ease, you're comparing apple to oranges, f-35 is a world most electronically advance jet ànd both are medium to heavy weight whereas Block III is light weight jet lol get out of your fantasy world 😂😂😂
F35 is going to prove to be a hangar queen over time.

Can you guys please ignore Indian troll Tai Hai Chen?

This guy's whole job in Indian call center is to pretend as Chinese and say stupid things in every military forum.

Anyway nobody wants Tejas the fighter that does not fight.

Can you guys please ignore Indian troll Tai Hai Chen?

This guy's whole job in Indian call center is to pretend as Chinese and say stupid things in every military forum.

Anyway nobody wants Tejas the fighter that does not fight.
If Tejas comes with complimentary mint chutney then yes

In the anti ship role, JF-17 Block 3 is big threat to British Type 45.

If they buy weapons like C-802s/3s and CM-400AKG then they can be good threat to UK task force.
They may object to the ejection seat as it is made in the UK, but an alternative ejection seat is available to bypass this. I am not an aviation person and I have been told about this from another source, so forgive my limited knowledge on the matter.

Here China is dealing with Argentina government so it will be all Chinese version of JFT very different from PAF version internally.

Had Argentinian junta not invaded the falklands to distract from their domestic failures, Argentina would have been a key regional player in the global south.

Anyways most likely these Thunders will be used as interceptors and not to invade the falklands again.

Eh guys, I don't know jack-squat 'bout Economy & how budget works, but...the article states:

" ... the draft budget for fiscal year 2022 was presented to the National Congress, which includes a request of US$ 664 million for the acquisition of JF-17 Thunder Block III fighters. "

So naturally it isn't set in stone. Backlash from the US, UK and/or Europe might come at a later stage, but it seems the first hurdle is the National Congress of Argentina whom have to approve the purchase - first.

Not sure - so anyone is welcome to correct my assessment.
Yes, But in draft their must be a number of clauses that why need to buy JF-17, National Congress have to counter that suggestion/clauses. Isn't it? at least our fighter is in a healthy competition.

Had Argentinian junta not invaded the falklands to distract from their domestic failures, Argentina would have been a key regional player in the global south.

Anyways most likely these Thunders will be used as interceptors and not to invade the falklands again.

Argentina is enemy of Britain. China is enemy of Britain. Enemy of my enemy is my friend. - Sun Tzu
Are these 2 dual seat Block IIIs will be JF-17Bs equipped with Block III avionics/AESAs and other stuff??

Yup. JF-17B is SEAD / DEAD / EW version of JF-17.

باكستان تبدأ تجارب الطيران للمقاتلة الباكستانية JF17 block 3 الأحدث،، ومصر أبرز مرشح للحصول عليها

Argentina has decided to purchase 12 JF-17 block 3 combat aircraft from Pakistan in a deal estimated at approximately $660 million.

The JF-17 Block 3 fighter plane, which is of interest to several countries, including Arab countries such as Egypt, has acquired modern technologies and distinctive weapons, such as the missile of the Chinese stealth fighter J-20.

With the PL-10, the JF-17 Block 3 will gain formidable combat capability, and will have superiority over even its heavier counterparts in the country's air defense, a Beijing-based military expert told the Global Times, who requested anonymity.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/argentina-to-purchase-jf-17-thunder-jets-from-pakistan/

Indonesian buys Chinese C802 anti-ship missile and CH-4B UCAV despite we have overlap claim on Natunas island sea.

UK will be very bitter for this deal if F-16 goes thru plus Argentina will ask for this F-16 to be allowed to fire weapon on UK and used on Falkland. The F-16 deal will never happened.
You Clearly have no idea how the UK will react. The UK's aim is to make things difficult for Argentina to procure weapons and they have for the most part succeeded with the fantastic help of the Argentine government and the people with their distrust of the military after the dirty war in the 70s-80s. It would take 10-20 years for the Argentinians to be a threat again. If the US gave them 20-30 F16's It wouldn't fix their navy or the rest of their airforce or their army. it would be minimal threat to even the the limited assets currently on the Falklands.

Back
Top Bottom