What's new

Argentina Rejects American, Russian & Indian Jets Selects JF-17

Jeff was designed specifically for PAF. China doesn't use it. It is built jointly by China and Pakistan. I doesn't matter who "negotiated" as it will be partly be built in Pak.

None of the Jeff fly, I am sure.
IMG_20210918_141331.jpg

Argentina allocates 664M for JF-17 Block III purchase in FY2022

PorGASTÓN DUBOIS
-
16/09/2021
View attachment 778401

Yesterday, the draft budget for fiscal year 2022 was presented to the National Congress, which includes a request of US$ 664 million for the acquisition of JF-17 Thunder Block III fighters.

Thus, it is now clear which is the choice of the Argentine Air Force (FAA) for its next supersonic fighter, discarding the offers from Russia, USA and India.

JF-17 Block III presupuesto 2022

The budget requested would be enough for the purchase of 12 JF-17 Thunder in its latest and most modern standard, taking into account the rumored price of 50 million per unit (which the Government would have tried to lower). Also, within this U$S 664 million, 20 million are contemplated for the repair and modernization of the runways and infrastructure that would host the new aircrafts.

So far, this is the clearest sign in favor of the Chinese option, which evidences the Air Force’s firm intention to complete the purchase as soon as possible. However, no one can claim victory yet. Until the contract is signed and the first funds are disbursed, there may still be counter-offers from other countries.

JF-17 Block III
First prototype of the JF-17 Thunder Block III, the one that the Argentine Air Force desires.

And it should also be remembered that in 2015, during Agustín Rossi’s first term as Argentina’s Minister of Defense, a budget of U$D 360 million had been authorized for the purchase of 14 IAI Kfir, which was then frozen in view of the imminent change of government. And finally, the administration of President Mauricio Macri decided to dismiss the acquisition of the Israeli fighters.

Therefore, the presence of the Thunder in the 2022 budget should be taken only as a purchase intention (a serious and firm indication, that’s for sure), and not as a deal already closed. One cannot underestimate the current economic and political situation in the country, in which the incorporation of modern weapon systems may not be seen as a priority.

If they have clearly requested for budget release for JF-17 Block-III then it means, the sale is done.

Spoilers can only influence Pakistan or by stopping MB seat, for which, They have alternate. The reason why China led the FC-1 offered and has own seat as well.

Secondly, spoilers can now manipulate Argentinian Congress only. There's no reason to pressurize Pakistan as we aren't leading the sale pitch. They can't influence China to stop. They can only either influence the congress or by any chance, some westerner stands up to arm to stop Chinese presence while on the same time, using their weapon to keep an influence over Argentine. For the latter, I am sure Brits have a game design in their minds. Interestingly, let's see if Argentine can be fooled again.

the ejection seat for JF-17 is made by a British company, Martin-Baker.
As explained before, that seat is an option. In Pakistani and Nigerian service JF used MB Seats. But on request of the customer they can be changed to Chinese seats as was done for the Burmese JF-17s and will be done for the Argentinian ones. Please do some basic research Before trying to play spoiler.

If they have clearly requested for budget release for JF-17 Block-III then it means, the sale is done.

Spoilers can only influence Pakistan or by stopping MB seat, for which, They have alternate. The reason why China led the FC-1 offered and has own seat as well.

Secondly, spoilers can now manipulate Argentinian Congress only. There's no reason to pressurize Pakistan as we aren't leading the sale pitch. They can't influence China to stop. They can only either influence the congress or by any chance, some westerner stands up to arm to stop Chinese presence while on the same time, using their weapon to keep an influence over Argentine. For the latter, I am sure Brits have a game design in their minds. Interestingly, let's see if Argentine can be fooled again.
No matter what, any British allies selling weapon to Argentina will be a big slap to UK face. Be it plan or keep Argentina under western influenced. It will never be allowed by British.
the ejection seat for JF-17 is made by a British company, Martin-Baker.
Right man, martin barker seat is so sophisticated that is more important than AESA radar and determine the outcome of aerial battle. :lol:

this could get very interesting

I wonder if UK has any objections

London and Islamabad are close

and they could kill the deal

Block III is a lethal aircraft and although it cant pose a threat to the Falklands UK might not be too happy

however since the French have been done over in AUKUS now France could sell aircraft to Argentinians so UK might see it favourably

lets wait for official confirmation

my concern is why are we selling Block III when we have not inducted it yet and hopefully its a heavily downgraded version

we should never export Block III no matter what
We are not selling infact China is doing all the work.
As explained before, that seat is an option. In Pakistani and Nigerian service JF used MB Seats. But on request of the customer they can be changed to Chinese seats as was done for the Burmese JF-17s and will be done for the Argentinian ones. Please do some basic research Before trying to play spoiler.
He is Indian n here only for trolling

We are not selling infact China is doing all the work.

He is Indian n here only for trolling
China is doing the marketing and dealing For this sale, Which is because Pakistan has good relations with the UK and intends to keep those. However the aircraft will still be built in Pakistan and as usual the profits will be shared.

China is doing the marketing and dealing For this sale, Which is because Pakistan has good relations with the UK and intends to keep those. However the aircraft will still be built in Pakistan and as usual the profits will be shared.
Oh come on....UK relations when NS is sitting there with our money...what coblers. People shouldn't make up stuff

Oh come on....UK relations when NS is sitting there with our money...what coblers. People shouldn't make up stuff
If you think I’m making stuff up then I’m afraid that’s on you. Pakistan and UK have positive trade relations and Pakistan is currently Buying several weapon systems that are sourced from the UK. If you want Pakistan to ruin both those things, by all means, go ahead.

The Argentine Air Force has thus chosen Pakistan’s JF-17 Thunder, discarding offers from Russia, USA and India. The 12 JF-17s will include 10 single seater Block IIIs and 2 dual seat Block IIIs. The PAC JF-17A Block III is a supersonic, multirole 4+ generation fighter aircraft

this could get very interesting

I wonder if UK has any objections

London and Islamabad are close

I am not sure i would classify current relations as "close" - you have to look at the fact that the UK was one of the first countries that wanted to put Pakistan under FATF and the way it has treated Pakistan on the COVID issue relative to India as truly shocking ...

The UK does provide £302m in aid every year which is of course that amount of FX being added to the Pakistani FX reserves every year. Given it is China who has sold the FC1 and not Pakistan, it would be interesting to see how the UK could justify sanctions for this sales esp when the USA, Russia and even India offered their products.

Lets see - common sense towards Pakistan is lacking these days.

The Argentine Air Force has thus chosen Pakistan’s JF-17 Thunder, discarding offers from Russia, USA and India. The 12 JF-17s will include 10 single seater Block IIIs and 2 dual seat Block IIIs. The PAC JF-17A Block III is a supersonic, multirole 4+ generation fighter aircraft
Are these 2 dual seat Block IIIs will be JF-17Bs equipped with Block III avionics/AESAs and other stuff??

If you think I’m making stuff up then I’m afraid that’s on you. Pakistan and UK have positive trade relations and Pakistan is currently Buying several weapon systems that are sourced from the UK. If you want Pakistan to ruin both those things, by all means, go ahead.
OK that's how things work

China has committed to Argentina's national security of possible British invasion. In time, when Britain is weak demographically, Argentina will invade Malvinas and take Malvinas.

Back
Top Bottom