What's new

Are you less Pakistani if you do not speak Urdu or were raised primarily abroad

Yeah and? Like I posted before to you.. The United States allows its citizens to maintain their cultural and religious ties. It actually allows for dual nationality and has no restrictions. So you can be both a Pakistani national and an American national. Furthermore, it allows its citizens to identify as Pakistani Americans..So what's your problem?

Pakistan also allows foreign-born Pakistanis to own national identification cards, own property, and do business within Pakistan as long as they can prove their parents are Pakistanis. Again, Americans don't have an issue with it and Pakistanis don't have an issue with this situation. I wonder why you have a problem with it?

Because all these dual nationals do day light robbery in Pakistan and retire on Pakistanis Tax money over seas.

There are 8.8 Million Pakistanis in the diaspora living in many corners of the world mainly in the Anglosphere(UK,Canada,USA,NZ and Australia) and the GCC Arab states. At least 3-4 generations have lived abroad many of us primarily speak the English language daily this forum run by expats embodies that however they are many "experts" who deride those Pakistanis that dont speak Urdu as non-Pakistani or dont know Pakistan as if expats visiting only in summers or once few years have the same knowledge or know how of daily dealings than local who was born there.For Pakistani news I do rely on Pakistani media by having relatives or my parents translate because I find the content in English tend to be biased or done by Pakistani expats abroad or small "elite clique".
half of Pakistani population dont speak urdu..we have 25 languages..most illiterate Balochs and pushtoons cant understand urdu..my grand parents cant..any language will do..
problem is english has been ignored ..we need a good english new channel like indians and turks have..
there are few here and there but nothing solid..i am not sure how good PTV world is

He himself claimed that he is an American. What is there to judge.

Majority of them are coconuts not Pakistanis.
See, again you are judging.
You need to have a more open mind and less condescending attitude.
No one needs your permission or needs to conform to your criteria of what is Pakistani.
I would even go do far as to posit that someone born in the US that loves Pakistan out if choice is probably more genuine in his love than someone born in Pakistan. The fact that there are Pakistanis who sell out to foreign powers and commit terrorism and violence against fellow Pakistanis would undermine your assertions quite comprehensively.
I bet most of them speak Urdu as well. Lol.

Pakistanis that dont speak Urdu as non-Pakistani or dont know Pakistan as if expats visiting only in summers or once few years have the same knowledge or know how of daily dealings than local who was born there.

There are remote as well as established regions in Pakistan where you would struggle to find Urdu being spoken as lingua franca.

It does not exclude them from being Pakistani either living right amongst us all.

There is a bias against Urdu by Anglo Indian remnant and colonial mindset that still consider speaking English as merit.

To put it bluntly, they are an unnecessary burden that Pakistan can ill afford.

You can legislate against dual citizenship at will.

I will support your initiative wholeheartedly.

State of Pakistan clearly defines what constitutes to be a citizen of Pakistan in her constitution.

Because all these dual nationals do day light robbery in Pakistan and retire on Pakistanis Tax money over seas.

BTW "ABCD" applies more to your kind than ours. Every Pakistani American that I have met knows Urdu and their mother language (Punjabi or Pashto). Can't really say the same for Indians.

lol.. Ok guy, I get it. Your problem is that you are an Indian. Now you are concerned with tax money inside Pakistan. Thank you for your concern.

See, again you are judging.
You need to have a more open mind and less condescending attitude.
No one needs your permission or needs to conform to your criteria of what is Pakistani.
I would even go do far as to posit that someone born in the US that loves Pakistan out if choice is probably more genuine in his love than someone born in Pakistan. The fact that there are Pakistanis who sell out to foreign powers and commit terrorism and violence against fellow Pakistanis would undermine your assertions quite comprehensively.
I bet most of them speak Urdu as well. Lol.

I do not want to get into technicalities. I am putting forward my POV. People can take it or leave it.

BTW "ABCD" applies more to your kind than ours. Every Pakistani American that I have met knows Urdu and their mother language (Punjabi or Pashto). Can't really say the same for Indians.

lol.. Ok guy, I get it. Your problem is that you are an Indian. Now you are concerned with tax money inside Pakistan. Thank you for your concern.

Thank you!

That's exactly was my point. If you cannot speak Urdu then you are not a Pakistani.

There are 8.8 Million Pakistanis in the diaspora living in many corners of the world mainly in the Anglosphere(UK,Canada,USA,NZ and Australia) and the GCC Arab states. At least 3-4 generations have lived abroad many of us primarily speak the English language daily this forum run by expats embodies that however they are many "experts" who deride those Pakistanis that dont speak Urdu as non-Pakistani or dont know Pakistan as if expats visiting only in summers or once few years have the same knowledge or know how of daily dealings than local who was born there.For Pakistani news I do rely on Pakistani media by having relatives or my parents translate because I find the content in English tend to be biased or done by Pakistani expats abroad or small "elite clique".
having said you might benefit from learning urdu/hindi..it opens you up to language spoken in all south Asia..

i don't care about less or more.unity is necessary and addressing problems of each province is responsibility. unfortunately balochistan is suffering badly. no infrastructure in azad kashmir. very bad situation overall.

I do not want to get into technicalities. I am putting forward my POV. People can take it or leave it.
It's an illogical POV, it's an offensive POV,w more it's a divisive POV.
Your POV is not welcome, especially when it concerns being Pakistani but comes from an Indian.

Back
Top Bottom