What's new

Are you less Pakistani if you do not speak Urdu or were raised primarily abroad

Conversely then, if an Indian, for example speaks Urdu, does that make him a Pakistani?

ایک آدمی جو کہ دو زبانیں جانتا ہے دو آدمیوں کے برابر ہے۔

I wasn't born in Pakistan and only visit once in a while. I am a Pakistani American. I don't criticize anything going on in Pakistan because I haven't done anything to make it better. I love USA because it's my home but I also love Pakistan.

I know many Pakistanis living in Pakistan that do not speak Urdu. They speak their own regional dialect.
Are they not Pakistani?

مجھے یقین ہے کہ وہ دو زبانیں بولتے ہیں

ایک آدمی جو کہ دو زبانیں جانتا ہے دو آدمیوں کے برابر ہے۔
This is your flawed thinking.
Millions of people in many countries of the world are increasingly multilingual.
It says nothing of their allegiance or nationality.

مجھے یقین ہے کہ وہ دو زبانیں بولتے ہیں
Your belief would be wrong.

If you care about your country fellow person and have a some sort of nationalism. is that enough to qualify ?

I wasn't born in Pakistan and only visit once in a while. I am a Pakistani American. I don't criticize anything going on in Pakistan because I haven't done anything to make it better. I love USA because it's my home but I also love Pakistan.

You are a US citizen not a Pakistani.

I don't think Urdu or being born in Pakistan has anything to do with citizenship. If it were true then the majority of our forefathers that came from India would not be Pakistanis. For example, people that migrated from Indian Punjab to Pakistani Punjab would not be citizens.

In the modern sense, I think if you are born in the United States or renounced previous citizenship then you are legally an American. American culture and much of the west does allow the citizen to keep their familial, cultural, and religious roots alive. It is actually enshrined in the constitution and Americans are not forced to assimilate even though the current times are what they are..

You are a US citizen not a Pakistani.

Have you ever read the American census?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakis...e classified as,they are South Asian American.

He himself claimed that he is an American. What is there to judge.

Actually he said I am "Pakistani American." It is an official designation recognized by the Federal government. The United States is is a very progressive country it is not a banana republic like India.

He himself claimed that he is an American. What is there to judge.

Majority of them are coconuts not Pakistanis.

LOL what is a coconut? Mods should ban this guy for being racist.

Actually he said I am "Pakistani American." It is an official designation recognized by the Federal government. The United States is is a very progressive country it is not a banana republic like India.

He said he was born in US.

LOL what is a coconut? Mods should ban this guy for being racist.

I was being nice. The official name is ABCD.

He said he was born in US.

Yeah and? Like I posted before to you.. The United States allows its citizens to maintain their cultural and religious ties. It actually allows for dual nationality and has no restrictions. So you can be both a Pakistani national and an American national. Furthermore, it allows its citizens to identify as Pakistani Americans..So what's your problem?

Pakistan also allows foreign-born Pakistanis to own national identification cards, own property, and do business within Pakistan as long as they can prove their parents are Pakistanis. Again, Americans don't have an issue with it and Pakistanis don't have an issue with this situation. I wonder why you have a problem with it?

For Pakistani news I do rely on Pakistani media by having relatives or my parents translate because I find the content in English tend to be biased or done by Pakistani expats abroad or small "elite clique".

When you are this smart enough to figure out that you need the national language to know the nation.

You should not ask this superficial question of less or more. You can be anyone or anything , for the state of Pakistan you are a legal responsibility if you are a citizen of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom