What's new

My father, a Pakistani prisoner of war in India

Zarvi bhai, India might have played a role in 1971, but let me remind you, for you to forever exist as west and east Pakistan,divided by a behemoth land mass(which also happened to be an enemy state,) was next to impossible.
What in your opinion really led to 1971? India or your poor administration?

You're a human first. Think like one.
Yes we had issues and we made big mistakes but still you proved to be the enemy and took the advantage of it and we haven't forgotten it and we won't forgive it and revenge would be taken and it would be ruthless.

Yes we had issues and we made big mistakes but still you proved to be the enemy and took the advantage of it
Glad you confessed. So don't blame it on us,sooner or later it had to happen, and if it had happened any other way, it would have been even more humiliating for you.
we won't forgive it and revenge would be taken and it would be ruthless.
I smiled ear to ear. :-)

It is time to consider that nothing has changed or will change in this country

The first part of your statement is a bitter truth, it seems like a never ending torture to bear everyday, adding up to the level of frustration, hopelessness, disappointment and despair. However, don't you think the second part of your statement is beyond anyone's seeing and control? If most of us start thinking on those lines and start considering it all little hope that is there will die, we will only be training our future generation on how to be more evil and corrupt than the rest. Change is inevitable, (in my view) staus quo and allowing rampant corruption forever is not the order of the Nature.

You broke us and we haven't forgotten 1971 and revenge would be taken and it would be ruthless. As for keyboard warrior terms good joke we would see in war who is just keyboard warrior and who is ready to give up everything for the cause he or she believes in. And that time will come sooner or later.

Seventy years we have lived with this perpetual animosity. How has it helped ?

People who have never see or heard a bullet being fired in anger, who have never experienced a comrade fall, who haven't lost someone near & dear feel like the way you do.

Pak tried in 99, did it help? There is no point in cutting your nose to spite your face.

Read my signature , reconcile to your geographical borders & move on. The idea of sharing this post was to highlight the futility of what posters here childishly desire .

Our suffering is way less than what Japan/ Germany /France /GB suffered at each others hands. They have matured & grown up - we haven't.

Glad you confessed. So don't blame it on us,sooner or later it had to happen, and if it had happened any other way, it would have been even more humiliating for you.

I smiled ear to ear. :-)
Many leaders in the past also smiled same way and kept saying that enemy can't touch them is week and far away and than same enemy conquered them

Seventy years we have lived with this perpetual animosity. How has it helped ?

People who have never see or heard a bullet being fired in anger, who have never experienced a comrade fall, who haven't lost someone near & dear feel like the way you do.

Pak tried in 99, did it help? There is no point in cutting your nose to spite your face.

Read my signature , reconcile to your geographical borders & move on. The idea of sharing this post was to highlight the futility of what posters here childishly desire .

Our suffering is way less than what Japan/ Germany /France /GB suffered at each others hands. They have matured & grown up - we haven't.

Even if it takes 700 years we are ready for that but we would get our revenge. Yes they have matured and still fighting wars.

I totally agree with you we should move on but just for 1 min put yourself in our place and think about '71 just for 1 min and than honestly tell me would you have forgiven us? would you forget it so easily? it took 1000 years for Europeans to make a union what you did in '71 is really hard for some of us to forget and forgive it's not easy to just "move on".
Edit though i agree with pakloves post if we can solve Kashmir issue than maybe we will be able to move forward.

I don't want any war between both countries...As someone has said..

War is sweet for those who have never fought.

Solve the fuckin Kashmir issue...Otherwise it will bring whole sub continent down to radiations...

How about joint administration of Kashmir?

I totally agree with you we should move on but just for 1 min put yourself in our place and think about '71 just for 1 min and than honestly tell me would you have forgiven us? would you forget it so easily? it took 1000 years for Europeans to make a union what you did in '71 is really hard for some of us to forget and forgive it's not easy to just "move on".
Edit though i agree with pakloves post if we can solve Kashmir issue than maybe we will be able to move forward.

I appreciate your POV.

The only example I can give is the Indian one . We got the drubbing of our lives in 1962 ( it turned out be a blessing in disguise as later events showed) , we have lost Aksai Chin & the areas occupied by your nation which belonged to Hari Singh . Now we have two options , either with lament over it , keep whipping ourselves into a frenzy over what should have been ours or simply say F**k it and move on and progress with what we have.

Now, as far as EP/ BD is concerned , two can play a game. India did an Op Gibraltar in EP , the diff being that in EP Pak created an environment for it to succeed while in 65 Ayub //Bhutto mis read the sentiment of locals who got Pak infiltrators captured . I have read posts as old as four days old here where Pak posters admit that that part of land was not meant to be theirs & good riddance to it. Pak pushed away the Bengalis with both hands & now feel sorry for them having left.

Pak tried to create a Khalistan , had we Indians done what what Pak did to Bengalis there was no reason for us to feel sorry for the loss of Punjab. Since we never did it, we recovered the situation.

Sure, as you have mentioned, its not easy to forget & forgive but what options exist ? Our fighting creates jobs world wide while our people suffer.It may have taken 1000 years to make an EU but it took them & Japan 20 years to put the past behind & move on , we havent in 70.

Now, Kashmir. To me there is no solution other than converting the LC into an IB. If Punjab & Bengal can be divided so can J&K. The sooner we acccept this the faster we shall move on with the rest of our lives.

Post No 11 by @Oscar says a lot.

Back
Top Bottom