What's new

Are Indians racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that racist when you want to keep your culture intact?

Well we all are racist...in a sense... we all consider ourself superior to others n stuff..

For example.. Mari people (my clan) believe tht we r the best of all other baluch tribes n stuff like tht... so yes... we r racist.

I'm not racist.... Probably because I was raised along side with almost every damn race on this planet!

i will also not call myself a racist but we all sometime indulge ourselves in racism without even knowing abt it.

I dont like interracial marriages either, but inter-clan and inter-ethnic group marriages are happening a lot in major cities of Pakistan and with Pakistanis in North America these days. So I support it.

:pakistan:

Well its ur views... in my book.. i dnt.

I dont like interracial marriages either, but inter-clan and inter-ethnic group marriages are happening a lot in major cities of Pakistan and with Pakistanis in North America these days. So I support it.

... Now that's racism.

It's questionable wether the caste system is "racist", since caste is something that is (mostly) independent of race. Nevertheless, both caste and race are things you're born into, and discriminating on the basis of either is wrong.

As for racism itself, Indians have consider dark skin to be ugly and fair skin to be beautiful. This is racist.

Also, in my experience in America, there are two kinds of desis when it comes to racism. The first kind is progressive relative to other Americans, and thus more anti-racist. The second kind wants to look up to whites and look down on blacks, and are more racist than white Americans. I think it's these racist Indians that get us the title of "model minority", because they are willing to fit into the racial hierarchy.

Example:

Fareed Zakaria (GPS CNN) married to white.
Sanjay Gupta married to white.

They act like white people and talk like white people as well as eating habits/dressing.

What i have seen that in all caste you have peoples with good and bad character..so is not it better to get the good person from other caste then get the bad one from same caste..again i think caste don't automatically make u a good or bad person but ur education, knowledge, character is what decide your goodness or badness

what if a muslim girl/boy cannot find young guy in his/her caste? will he/she stay unmarried?

How is that racism? I would never want to marry a non-pakistani. I would want to marry a Pakistani girl.

This is just my preference.

Pakistani nationality or "Pakistani race"? If you care about nationality that isn't racist, that's nationalist. If you care about race that is racist.

We are not discussing religion are we?... How muslim are you? you or anyother person has no right to question to religious beliefs of any person.

oh no you took it wrong dude.i am not questioning on ur iman..i just wanted to know the reasons for which you stick with your caste when it comes to marry with peoples from other races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom