What's new

Anyone do martial arts?

Well said, this is the answer of Y Jackie Chan runs around and try to fight each and every attacker one by one.

None. This is a gross misconception about the martial arts and as much as I admire Bruce Lee and others, these gents and the entertainment industry have done a wrong to the martial arts. In a fight, you can only focus on one opponent at a time. Against multiple attackers, a wise defender will understand that these multiple attackers can defeat themselves if they crowd each other. The attackers know this and they expect the defender to know this as well. They should enter the fight in pairs and coordinate themselves. Therefore, the goal for the lone defender is isolate each attacker as they enter his reach. Denial of access such as having one's back to a wall help but also hinder maneuverability and escape.

We were taught in Taekwondo classes to engage up to 4 attackers at a time but there is a hell of a difference once you get into a real fight.
In a real fight the attackers won't take take turns jumping you, neither will they back off and let the next attacker take a shot at you when their move has been countered. In a real fight, they will jump you together, they will try to exploit everyone of your weaknesses, they will not back down if you counter their moves. Your best bet is any special forces techniques, since they deal with quick and efficient blows to render the enemy incapacitated so you can engage the next guy. But not everybody has access to special forces techniques.
So here's my advice: Strike at the nose, it is sensitive, hurts like hell, and the bleeding sends a signal to the body to get out of the fight to recuperate. When one guy's out of the fight, you can try this with the rest as well.

I can bet,many of the posters here are lying.
:agree:

No, you'll be surprised how popular martial arts is.

I would say abt 50% of the boys in my class do some sort of martial arts (kick boxing, aikido, karate- one girl in our school is overall world champion!)

None. This is a gross misconception about the martial arts and as much as I admire Bruce Lee and others, these gents and the entertainment industry have done a wrong to the martial arts. In a fight, you can only focus on one opponent at a time. Against multiple attackers, a wise defender will understand that these multiple attackers can defeat themselves if they crowd each other. The attackers know this and they expect the defender to know this as well. They should enter the fight in pairs and coordinate themselves. Therefore, the goal for the lone defender is isolate each attacker as they enter his reach. Denial of access such as having one's back to a wall help but also hinder maneuverability and escape.

My goal would be to survive and escape and later kill each of them one after another.

This is my martial arts.

Yes but how are you going to kill them!?

Running is one thing, but what is the chance that you will be able to outrun all of them? Then be able to kill them one by one without learning martial arts?

Martial Arts- Self Defence!

Running is one thing, but what is the chance that you will be able to outrun all of them? Then be able to kill them one by one without learning martial arts?

Running is the best defense when attacked. I will run so that I can survive. I want to survive so that I can kill the attackers.

Chances are circumstances. Socho.... samjho.

Running is the best defense when attacked. I will run so that I can survive. I want to survive so that I can kill the attackers.

Chances are circumstances. Socho.... samjho.

Yes but how will you kill attackers if you don't know how to fight? With a gun is the only logical way :devil:

Hehe never done a martial art but sure do love watching fighters kick each others *****.

Ive played Football, Hockey and currently playing Squash. None qualify as martial arts unfortunatly

Last edited:
That's a common misconception by many ignorant people that MMA has no rules.

MMA has rules - even in the first UFC there were 3 basic rules, but since then the sport has been cleaned up with plenty of rules and regs to make it acceptable as a mainstream combat sport (and the fastest growing in the world I might add).

The days of it being a streetfight are well and truly over and all the top level fighters are highly skilled martial artists in several disciplines and exceptional athletes with brutal training regimes.

Chill out mate, didnt mean literally they didnt have any rules. Just in comparison to other fighter sports they have few. For me it isnt that fun watching a fighter bombard his opponent with punches whilst the latter is lying down on the floor helpless. Everyone has their own preferences.

My question is, which type of Martial Art enables you to tackle 6-8 untrained attackers? I remember i used to take Tie Kuando (Spellings?) classes when i was i guess 10 years old but than couldn't continue.

The ancient art of running for your life.

Lol, look around you. Everything is a deadly weapon, IF you know how to use it.

Back
Top Bottom