What's new

Anyone do martial arts?

My question is, which type of Martial Art enables you to tackle 6-8 untrained attackers? I remember i used to take Tie Kuando (Spellings?) classes when i was i guess 10 years old but than couldn't continue.

My question is, which type of Martial Art enables you to tackle 6-8 untrained attackers? I remember i used to take Tie Kuando (Spellings?) classes when i was i guess 10 years old but than couldn't continue.

You'd be looking at Kick-Boxing, but most other martial arts (such as Karate- karate is quite versatile) allow you to fight more than one opponent.

I found a gym today... I will go there later today to check their lessons out... :tup:

You'd be looking at Kick-Boxing, but most other martial arts (such as Karate- karate is quite versatile) allow you to fight more than one opponent.

I found a gym today... I will go there later today to check their lessons out... :tup:

Lucky you everything is available in Dubai and Abu Dhabi but in Al Ain where i live its even difficult to find a nice gym (except in Hilton or Intercon of course)

Lucky you everything is available in Dubai and Abu Dhabi but in Al Ain where i live its even difficult to find a nice gym (except in Hilton or Intercon of course)

I actually live in Sharjah, and just like Dubai and Abu Dhabi, gyms are everywhere!

I went to Al Ain, it is very spacious and nice city (good for retirement, if I consider it in 50 years time lol). You are right though... very few gyms.

Running (long range, 10000 metres) lol

I think the best is pure boxing for this scenario.

@Gambit

I will place my money on Karate person; guess what I am highly influenced by the film IP Man.
Ip Man (2008) - IMDb

Which was the only film based on true story comparing Chinese/Japanese headon.
Some Chinese here shed some light on the fighting style proceeded in the film

@Gambit

I will place my money on Karate person; guess what I am highly influenced by the film IP Man.
Ip Man (2008) - IMDb

Which was the only film based on true story comparing Chinese/Japanese headon.
Some Chinese here shed some light on the fighting style proceeded in the film

There is a reason why you'll never see a real fight that looks like that movie. Watch them just as entertainment.

Why is it no one stops these things till after it completely gets out of hand ?

I'm no mix martial artist, but I have been trained in:
1) Taekwondo
2) Boxing
3) SSG Hand to Hand/Disarmament Techniques
4) Brazilian Ju Jitsu(A short course of the basics)

None. This is a gross misconception about the martial arts and as much as I admire Bruce Lee and others, these gents and the entertainment industry have done a wrong to the martial arts. In a fight, you can only focus on one opponent at a time. Against multiple attackers, a wise defender will understand that these multiple attackers can defeat themselves if they crowd each other. The attackers know this and they expect the defender to know this as well. They should enter the fight in pairs and coordinate themselves. Therefore, the goal for the lone defender is isolate each attacker as they enter his reach. Denial of access such as having one's back to a wall help but also hinder maneuverability and escape.

Back
Top Bottom