What's new

Anyone do martial arts?

Riiiighttt...And a horn is soooo much more better. Any rapist that will be frightened off by a horn will be discouraged by a feisty woman willing to fight. Any rapist willing to subdue such a fighting and screaming for help woman will not be deterred by a horn. And submission will guarantee sexual assault.

Of course I wouldn't want women to hurt by criminals. I am saying that their best chance for safety comes from attracting attention. Hopefully someone would be nearby to kick the sh!t out the fvcking coward. Not an unreasonable assumption to make, given we are never more than 50 feet from anyone at all times.

Of course I wouldn't want women to hurt by criminals. I am saying that their best chance for safety comes from attracting attention. Hopefully someone would be nearby to kick the sh!t out the fvcking coward. Not an unreasonable assumption to make, given we are never more than 50 feet from anyone at all times.
Good Heavens...!!! Rapists do not usually grab a victim who is within running distance of assistance. A rapist can be an out of control drunk at a party where loud noises are the norm so even if assistance is within running distance, it will not be very quick. A rapist can be someone of some level of acquaintance to the victim where the woman has lowered her guards. In all cases, the only immediate recourse the woman has is herself. Either she fight and gain some odds of preserving her honor. Or submit and lose everything.

Good Heavens...!!! Rapists do not usually grab a victim who is within running distance of assistance. A rapist can be an out of control drunk at a party where loud noises are the norm so even if assistance is within running distance, it will not be very quick. A rapist can be someone of some level of acquaintance to the victim where the woman has lowered her guards. In all cases, the only immediate recourse the woman has is herself. Either she fight and gain some odds of preserving her honor. Or submit and lose everything.

I guess Í'll defer the expert at avoiding r ape :) , but in most cases, girls I know are pretty good about being careful in rough areas (asking someone to come with them if they need to go somewhere alone on a night out) and sticking with friends. etc etc.

Yoga and meditation every morning. Was enrolled in karate when I was younger.... sucked... I'm into Capoeira and Breakdancing now, however we call it 'BBoying' here

I am gonna revive this thread because I joined a new Karate gym!

They are the REAL DEAL. Seriously, who says you can't apply Karate in a real fight? Nobody waits for you. I grabbed my teacher and in 4 seconds, he had me on the floor and bent my leg (which still hurts). I punched him, he blocked and tripped me, grabbing my arm while I fell- then he bent it like they do in Aikido- It hurt -_-

I am gonna revive this thread because I joined a new Karate gym!

They are the REAL DEAL. Seriously, who says you can't apply Karate in a real fight? Nobody waits for you. I grabbed my teacher and in 4 seconds, he had me on the floor and bent my leg (which still hurts). I punched him, he blocked and tripped me, grabbing my arm while I fell- then he bent it like they do in Aikido- It hurt -_-

How hard did you try? The level of aggressive you showed was probably half-hearted. There is a difference between when someone say "grab me" when they are showing you around the gym vs the adrenaline blur of a fight.

1st dan in kyokushin karate started at 8,said to be the toughest style of karate and very famous amongst pakistani SSG especially the SSGN who were taught by sensei imanullah khan,OSU.

i also like russian sambo,muay thai,taekwondo for its kicks,though i have deep respect for japanese arts.

in the end your style doesnt matter much but your perception towards unarmed combat and what your training is aimed towards.
for a civilian i think one should start krav maga only after experience in some other martial art though its excellent.

I tried studying kalaripayattu for a while......it was bloody exhausting. For those who dont have any idea what im talking about, kalaripayattu is a form of martial art concieved and developed in my home state of kerala. Its only taught in kerala as far as I know and is an ancient art.

When i was in the police we were taught Karate Do Doshinkan. Since leaving the Police i have joined a dojo in that teaches a very unconventional type of Tae-Kwon Do with very linear attacks and grapples.

Personally i would love to learn real Chen style Tai-Chi.

Back
Top Bottom