What's new

Any questions regarding Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agar yaad nahin ki 800 saal pehle kya hua tha, to yeh kaise yaad hai ki 800 saal tak hindus pe rule kiya tha..?? :lol:
You guys remember that Muslims rule India for 1000 years, but conveniently forget that Pakistan of today was the region that was 1st and most to fall to the Muslim invaders and your ancestors were the losers and not the victors of those wars.. When you talk of the 1000 year rule of Muslims, you actually talk about how the ancestors of present day Pakistanis were vanquished in those wars and most had to convert from their faith to the faith of the victors to save themselves from death...

This is your second post wherein you are making controversial religious assertions. Let me comment.

I never said that our ancestors were not vanquished. Yes they were and that is why we were exposed to the light of Islam and that is why we are Muslims.

Are you telling us that your ancestors were not vanquished. After vanquishing us, our ancestors vanquished your ancestors as well. Because majority of you people are still Hindus solidifies the fact that forced conversions hardly occurred, if at all. Had it not been the case, which majority of you people profess to be otherwise, I assure you that either you wouldn't be here or you would be Muslims. The fact that you are not clearly means that the choice was left to the people who converted or otherwise.

The fact that over 1.6 billion people were killed only in one war, Mahabharata, as per various Hindu historians, similar fatalities could have taken place during Muslim invasions too and there would have been only Muslims and no vanquished peoples. The fact that this did not happen and you guys had the choice to chose and keep your religion, conveys only one fact and that is that you are Hindu because the Muslims let you.

Yes most of us converted and became Muslims. And we are thankful to the God Almighty that it happened and that we saw the light of truth.

You can keep your religion and your point of view and learn to move on beyond the history to the existing reality. The reality is that there is a nuclear power Pakistan and I am a proud citizen of this country.

This is your second post wherein you are making controversial religious assertions. Let me comment.

Nothing religious or Controversial about my assertion.. Its a plain and simple outcome of a war which people of the Indian subcontinent lost to the Muslim invaders from Central Asia..

I never said that our ancestors were not vanquished. Yes they were and that is why we were exposed to the light of Islam and that is why we are Muslims.
Good.. So we at least agree on something :)

Are you telling us that your ancestors were not vanquished. After vanquishing us, our ancestors vanquished your ancestors as well. Because majority of you people are still Hindus solidifies the fact that forced conversions hardly occurred, if at all. Had it not been the case, which majority of you people profess to be otherwise, I assure you that either you wouldn't be here or you would be Muslims.
Not true.. Our ancestors were also defeated by the ones who defeated yours.. Your ancestors decided to convert to Islam after getting defeated to protect themselves since the present day Pakistan was the 1st region that used to come under attack whenever there was an invasion of the subcontinent.. Ours did not and continued with our earlier faith. A case in point is when France fell to Nazi Germany in WWII, all the french did not become collaborators.. Only some did to get preferential treatment from the Nazis.. But that did not make those collaborators, the victors of the battle of France.. Just like it does not make the Muslims of the Subcontinent the victors of the Muslim invasion of the subcontinent.. They were the losers who in view of some, not only lost their lands and freedom, but also their faith...

You can keep your religion and your point of view and learn to move on beyond the history to the existing reality. The reality is that there is a nuclear power Pakistan and I am a proud citizen of this country.

This has nothing to do with the point under discussion.. I can say some other realities about Pakistan too, but as I said before, thats not what we are discussing now.. Are we?

Nothing religious or Controversial about my assertion.. Its a plain and simple outcome of a war which people of the Indian subcontinent lost to the Muslim invaders from Central Asia..

I am sorry if I misunderstood you. I replied as I understood your post.

Muslims came from Arab lands, from Turkish lands, From Central Asian Lands and subsequently from Indian lands also etc etc.

Good.. So we at least agree on something :)

ha ha ha .....

Not true.. Our ancestors were also defeated by the ones who defeated yours.. Your ancestors decided to convert to Islam after getting defeated to protect themselves since the present day Pakistan was the 1st region that used to come under attack whenever there was an invasion of the subcontinent.. Ours did not and continued with our earlier faith. A case in point is when France fell to Nazi Germany in WWII, all the french did not become collaborators.. Only some did to get preferential treatment from the Nazis.. But that did not make those collaborators, the victors of the battle of France.. Just like it does not make the Muslims of the Subcontinent the victors of the Muslim invasion of the subcontinent.. They were the losers who in view of some, not only lost their lands and freedom, but also their faith...

Look, I feel happy for you that your ancestors withstood the conversion onslaught and did not convert. It honestly doesn't matter to us any longer. I though presume that it still does matter to most of you. Good enough.

Quoting the 40 years old example of France and Germany to call us collaborators for something which happened over 800-1000 years ago is surprising indeed. I don't know how the history proves this except your text books and the likes of Savarkars etc. However, if this makes you happy - be happy.

Later in our history, Muslim rulers along with Hindu rulers, together either fought against opposing Hindu and or Muslim rulers at one time or the other. In those days those of your ancestors who were Hindus collaborated with invaders. So most of us, one way or the other, collaborated against one another. All of us were thus collaborators in one form or the other.

This has nothing to do with the point under discussion.. I can say some other realities about Pakistan too, but as I said before, thats not what we are discussing now.. Are we?

OK. Thanks.

Questions

Do TV channels like Discovery, national geographic, History TV have separate versions for Pakistan or you see the same version as India? I mean I never see any Pakistani or other product advertisements on these channels. What about the sports channels and English entertainment channels?
If there is separate version, do they broadcast India specific shows there ?

What about cartoon network, pogo, Disney etc? do they also have separate versions for countries other than India in the region? if they have, do they show Indian cartoons?
How popular Chota Bheem in Pakistan? how widespread its reach?

overall exactly how widespread viewership for Hindi entertainment channels? I'm not asking for statistical surveys but are they seen only in urban areas or also in small towns and rural areas?

music channels. I know there is separate MTV Pakistan, what about other music channels? what kind of programs do they show.

answers from multiple people and personal experiences will be great.

I have noticed many Hindi entertainment channels these days have (hindu) mythological dramas. For example one show called 'Mahadev' comes daily like the saas-bahu soaps and there was a news it is quite popular in India. would people in Pakistani households watch such shows as fun or if something like that starts they will get scared/disgusted and change the channel quickly ?

I have noticed many Hindi entertainment channels these days have (hindu) mythological dramas. For example one show called 'Mahadev' comes daily like the saas-bahu soaps and there was a news it is quite popular in India. would people in Pakistani households watch such shows as fun or if something like that starts they will get scared/disgusted and change the channel quickly ?

I don't know anybody who watches Hindu mythological dramas here - if at all some do, the viewership is extremely limited. limited number of people use Indian Dish Channels etc as these are comparatively costlier than the normal cable viewing. The cable operators show a limited number of Indian entertainment channels. There was a time that the viewership was more, however over a period of time it has gradually been reduced due to improved standard of Pakistani sops and a relative downing of Indian sops entertainment value.

What the viewers want to see in Pakistan, they are completely free and their is no fear factor involved. Surprising that you ask such a question.

How Pakistani feel about Genocide in Bangladesh ?

Do even they recognize that Pak Army has raped Bangla women in mass ?

It was not genocide just operation against MB terrorists who we Pakistanis beleive were openly sponsered & supported by india. To give an example of today is as Pakistan fighting against TTP terrorists or BLA terrorists or Turkeye fighting PKK or Sri Lankans fought Tamil Tigers.

About second part, we Pakistanis beleive it may be happened but not as those propaganda figures suggest.

I hope you are cleared.

Yes Pakistan has problems with regard to terrorism. There is a war going on in Afghanistan and we are effected by it.

Pakistan is surely and decidedly moving towards a progressive, modernistic and democratic Islamic republic, with its institutions solidly imbued behind in a democratic future. Yes there will be ups and downs - but the direction is very clear.

Do you really believe that? in what way is it becoming a progressive ,modern democratic society? give me a couple of actual examples from within Pakistan and known events, from where I stand it looks like it's more like regressing rather than moving forward.

Apart from Religion , Do you think Pakistan is different from North India ?

Look Population growth ratio, Show off Culture(SUVs,Guns), Low priority for Science and Tech
High priority for Social status, All day discussing of Politics.

Not whole Pakistan is like that, different areas different priorities. Also i barely saw a Pakistani who discuss politics whole day.

How is night life in Pakistan, I mean alcohol, dance pub, etc.

These things are also present but on very low level & mostly underground. Majority of nightlife for us Pakistanis is go on a long drive, hangout with your friends at some food street, car racing, etc.

Do you really believe that? in what way is it becoming a progressive ,modern democratic society? give me a couple of actual examples from within Pakistan and known events, from where I stand it looks like it's more like regressing rather than moving forward.

Yes I do believe it.

What kind of examples do you really want.

Read the Pakistani press. The mere fact that people write openly and so much against the ills that our society faces, means that people are becoming aware of the bad things and are talking against these. This I believe is progression and not regression.

Our news channels are more entertaining than your TV dramas.

The cultural dogmas are being turned on their head.

Actually, in my personal opinion, what you people read in the Indian press and some of the western outlets probably leads you to believe that. They have their own axe to grind. The ground situation is nothing like the one being painted by yours and western press.

Yes, like i said, there are ups and downs but the direction we are moving is the right one.

When would Pakistani understand that there is 1 billion aspirations that Kashmir must remain in India ?

This is not a question but trolling, world is not running on some fools aspirations, rite? Also there are over 1 billion Muslims who wants Israelis to completely leave Middle East, it doesn't means they will leave? Pakistanis stand rightly on their demand that Kashmir should be solved according to aspirations of Kashmiris not indians.

P.S don't try to turn it into another troll war thread. Also i would appriciate if Mods delete unnecessary & troll posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom