What's new

Any Gym goers or Bodybuilders in this forum

I have some equipemt at home but I miss the atmosphere and other like minded people who care about their bodies. I found the gym to be a level. From whatever class or nationality you come we all share this fanatic need for physical fitness and addiction to pain mixed with competitive spirit. I had Poles, Estonians, Sikhs, Iranian, Arab etc

Suggest you join a gym and hire professional physical trainer. The right trainer will do wonders and if it is female more than even wonders .....

Ps. For those of you in UK do you noticed the Poles are jacked. Incredible natural physiques with culture of good food/exercise.
Where am I at its usually the Russians,or the ex Soviet dudes that are fit asf

I do. Been badly effected with my gym closed down. It's not the same at home though.
Yes. But you can at least maintain your mass at home. You need a pull up bar at max.

I tried to put a pullup bar but realised the cinderblock will crumble to pieces, and i would do the same if i managed to fit it onto a flimsy brick with more hole than solid mass.
images (1).jpeg

The pull up bar I bought is like this one. Can be mounted on wall and is robust.

My gym is closed since March. I bought a pull up bar. I do some 100 push ups, 50 pull ups and 50 squats everyday. I don't think I can't go to gym this year. Things are not good here.
Those are very good numbers. Indeed exceptional. At my age I would struggle with those numbers ....

yes i am one of them . i am thinking to join the gym from last 5 years .:lol:
The most difficult task is to get your *** in the gym. It has to be now, this very minute. Don't be like I am going to start from tommorow as that tommorow will never come- One bodybuilder told this.

The most difficult task is to get your *** in the gym. It has to be now, this very minute. Don't be like I am going to start from tommorow as that tommorow will never come- One bodybuilder told this.
its curfew time here how can i go now ????????:lol:

I brought a Pull Up bar and I want to know if any body here workout at home due to corona virus?

Yes I workout for from home, having the full olympic sets totalling 240kg I have no issue.
I left the 'gym' years ago. What I mean by Gym I mean heavy weights (powerlifting). I can't work out at gyms anymore, especially since they became metrosexual dens with loads of younger dudes who spend years looking at the mirror, and doing less. Don't even get me started on the women who pour in with their extra tight workout gear, they may as well be naked, and the distraction is crazy. The music just plain sucks as well.
The gyms I worked from (90's, 0's) were dusty, raw looking and had that blood, sweat and tears look about them. That included both the fighting gyms and weight areas, very often they were mixed.

For those of you in UK do you noticed the Poles are jacked. Incredible natural physiques with culture of good food/exercise.
Polish diet seems to be complex carb loading with loads of meat. I believe the western region of Poland is literally nicknamed pyrlandia or "potato land".

They used to have national service too in Poland until recently so they probably brought these good national habits with them to UK.

Many eastern Europeans and Russians have similar habits to be fair though, which put British and British Asian fitness culture to shame.

Polish diet seems to be complex carb loading with loads of meat. I believe the western region of Poland is literally nicknamed pyrlandia or "potato land".

They used to have national service too in Poland until recently so they probably brought these good national habits with them to UK.

Many eastern Europeans and Russians have similar habits to be fair though, which put British and British Asian fitness culture to shame.

Yeah basically Belarus,Russia, Poland and all the Slavic folks love their potatoes

Yes I workout for from home, having the full olympic sets totalling 240kg I have no issue.
I left the 'gym' years ago. What I mean by Gym I mean heavy weights (powerlifting). I can't work out at gyms anymore, especially since they became metrosexual dens with loads of younger dudes who spend years looking at the mirror, and doing less. Don't even get me started on the women who pour in with their extra tight workout gear, they may as well be naked, and the distraction is crazy. The music just plain sucks as well.
The gyms I worked from (90's, 0's) were dusty, raw looking and had that blood, sweat and tears look about them. That included both the fighting gyms and weight areas, very often they were mixed.
You worked out in the 90s? What is your age now?

Lol not really. I'm 24 years old. Guys my age can do 200+ push ups.

thats an amazing number. At 43 age 180lb weight, i do 40 pushups, 120 squats.. 10 pull ups close loop bar, and 4 wide grip pull up.. bench 220 lbs, 480lbs leg press, 4 mile run at 9:40min a mile, 3 - 4 times a week.

There are a bunch of gyms like that in USA... raw metal, you can smell the metal..

Yes. But you can at least maintain your mass at home. You need a pull up bar at max.

View attachment 636574

The pull up bar I bought is like this one. Can be mounted on wall and is robust.

i can do 10 on inner pull up bar and 4 on the wide grip

I am a kinda hefty dude not 600 ibs and cant move so I joined the local gym last year and yes I did like the atmosphere working out outside of home at home I surrounded by snacks, fruits,food etc so not a ideal place a park next door but its just a playground, a basketball court, baseball field, and hand ball court but thanks to Corona cant do anything but couple days back I drove to Downtown Brooklyn just to go to a major park that was only open and the NYPD basically cordoned off the streets there so people could walk and stuff

This is good Osman, health is great.. i was atheltic, distant runner in pakistan till i started smoking. left it at age 27 and balooned to 220lbs from 165lbs. then went back to gym and running and now down to 180lbs at 43 yrs... Keep up the good work.. btw i live in DC.

Back
Top Bottom