What's new

Anti-Islam Amendments Urged in Bangladesh

You don't believe in our God, and we don't believe in your God. We both have valid reasons to term each other as 'Kaffir'. Though i don't believe in any God altogether.

Why you would use the terms we use. You should invent a new word to tag us :lol:

Not necessarily.

As for polygamy,I think "ban" is too extreme. It is not great to anger those mullahs any more. Rather they should try to ensure that women's rights are enforced more efficiently. It is enforcement of laws that is the problem in general. It doesn't matter how many laws one passes.

Unrealistic proposal if ye ask me.

Why are you so afraid of the mullahs :undecided:?

Muslims use the term which has significant value according to Muslims. But its arabic.

yeah.. but kafir looks like its no more than unbeliever, so it can be used by anyone on anyone.
so mysuggestion is that muslims can only used Allah-kafir. hindus can use a variety like shiva-kafir, ram-kafir etc. maybe a fatwa should be issued

Its the reflection of general people's life style. Fathers usually give all their properties to their girls, before his death if they have no sons.
And men cant marry second wife without the permission of first wife.

And how do you ensure that the "permission of first wife" is really a permission and not a compulsion? Its generally a economically unequal balance of power...men will say "agree or I throw you out of the house"....women will agree!!

eh?
shahbagis like you crack me up. When women are told to wear dress properly, its oppression but heil the ban of men getting second wife. do you even not realize how stupid your thoughts are? :cheesy: same goes for human rights and feminist organization

Preventing a man from keeping multiple of wives is "oppression against men"??? Will you say the same for women also?? What else is "oppression against men"? Not allowing men the right to "Talaq" at their whims is also must be an "oppression against men"!!! Polygamy is a bad practice in most societies, including many Muslim societies....and for good reasons.

Sorry, Islam will stay unchanged till worlds end:agree:. Dont know about other religion:undecided: but, Islam is a complete and flow-less religion:tup:. It does not need update like other religion:disagree:.

If a religion is updated by General Human then where he got permission to do so:what:? Isnt religion directly come from god:disagree:?

All religious books remain unchanged. But religious practices change with time. Even among Muslim countries, implementation of the religious practices & sharia laws differ. Probably at the God's will you mis-spelled the word as "flow-less", though "flow-less" is the appropriate word here....that's where the problem lies, any practice, any society, that is "flow-less" is destined to die sooner or later. Change is necessary.

And I don't know whether any religion came directly from the Gods....but religious books and their interpretations are certainly the creations of human brains...that's why you have different divisions & sects within a single religion practicing different ideologies and hostile against other groups. So, are you sure whether your version of the religion is actually what the God really wanted to convey?

And how do you ensure that the "permission of first wife" is really a permission and not a compulsion? Its generally a economically unequal balance of power...men will say "agree or I throw you out of the house"....women will agree!!

It was a past scenario actually. Condition has improved. Now women has say in the societies.
And their voices counts. And our country is run by strong societies. Where these societies ensure
people's rights. But still there are errors.

All religious books remain unchanged. But religious practices change with time. Even among Muslim countries, implementation of the religious practices & sharia laws differ. Probably at the God's will you mis-spelled the word as "flow-less", though "flow-less" is the appropriate word here....that's where the problem lies, any practice, any society, that is "flow-less" is destined to die sooner or later. Change is necessary.

And I don't know whether any religion came directly from the Gods....but religious books and their interpretations are certainly the creations of human brains...that's why you have different divisions & sects within a single religion practicing different ideologies and hostile against other groups. So, are you sure whether your version of the religion is actually what the God really wanted to convey?

If you think religion is created by human brain:oops: then, then religion might be created by human brain for you:kiss3:.

If you think religion is created by human brain:oops: then, then religion might be created by human brain for you:kiss3:.

Probably you didn't read the entire paragraph or you didn't understand it...please read it carefully before highlighting a few words and then further misinterpreting it.:undecided:

Ha ha ha ...so many lecture about Muslim law from a country where bigamy is the norm,which is 2 and largest in the world after USA.and which is mentioned worst in compared to polygamy.
Anyway, our country and society will reject this ban whole hearts.
And I think you guys missed the fun part in Quran about 2nd marriage. It clearly says Marry them ,if you can do justice to them(meaning equality in love,money,children,social position) if not then don't. Marry only one.And if you do not have the means then do not marry at all.....
So,who's out there to follow? Can't keep one happy all the time,MORAR UPOR KHARAR GHA,AARO AEKTA?MAP CHAI BHAI.
PS - to the guy who doesn't mind women's taking 2nd husband.Please send your wife CV.we will all look forward to it.:cheers:

Preventing a man from keeping multiple of wives is "oppression against men"??? Will you say the same for women also?? What else is "oppression against men"? Not allowing men the right to "Talaq" at their whims is also must be an "oppression against men"!!! Polygamy is a bad practice in most societies, including many Muslim societies....and for good reasons.

Yes, say no to oppression :mps: no one cares about your opinions, bharoti. As long as it is legal for us via religion, the practice will be done :victory:

Are you muslim ? did you read our holy books ?

He is the replica of Bombay_Dude. Sometime he switch to troll mode. Now you may see this @Bonkers guy with another nick @ExtraOrdinary. He is quite famous for using multiple nick where most gets permanent ban after a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard in Islamic law, husband can not inherit wife's property & a man has to pay money to get married. Seems like lot of inequality & bias against men as well.

DHAKA – In a controversial view to many Muslims, Bangladesh's attorney general has called for changing laws to allow equal inheritance rights for women and men and ban polygamy.

Why is it anyone's problem if a group of adults willfully consent to a polygamous relationship? Wouldn't it be more reasonable to enact laws that prohibit forced marriage?

Back
Top Bottom