What's new

Another video of indian soldiers complaining

They are CRPF guys, not army. I agreed witj them. They use to deploy in Kashmir like region where stone peltings are normal. So they should be having good equipments.

Still they are better equipped than Pakistani rangers deploy in Balochistan. These are CRPF guys, not army. So before mocking other countries's drawbacks, one should see its own situation.

Thanks for admitting that Pakistani Rangers despite inferior equipment , do not cry like "Mahan" CRPF recruit.

What would you call the para military soldiers of the "SupaPowa" of the world, the most richest, educated, with high moral standards in the world, cry like babies!!

Another Indian Soldier crying like a baby.
Indian system of justice is collapsing.

India is moving towards total anarchy.

Indians cannot protect and respect their own soldiers and their families. Even law enforcing personnel are beating Indian soldiers.

Also the guy mentions Pulwama in his tweet rather than any Naxal hit areas.....which are no less volatile.
Yeah well the guy is not a reliable source if you are looking for facts. I have tried to look at his tweets objectively, but the process quite frankly exhausts my neutrality reserves. Mr. Swain to his credit is Gandhian but like many who put ideology ahead of facts (as noble as the ideology may be) adds a thick layer of varnish on his content.
As far as the macro trend of what's happening in Kashmir is concerned, GoI is strategically (trying to) reduce army presence in lock-step with political changes. This vacuum is being filled up by paramilitary forces, which are very cheap to maintain. The asumption is that the degree of threat should reduce in proportion as well in Kashmir, which may or may not be happening. Hence, what you see in the video is a mix of poor tech, relatively poor training (/morale) and a not so drastical drop in 'threat' playing out.

Brilliant post! This obvious fact that you pointed out is lost on so many people.
It's a pyramid structure in terms of quality sitting on top of a broad quantity base.
Pakistan has had similar issues, proximity to US training procedures may have provided some sort of a shift from a traditional Soviet-esque approach to fielding armies, although the size of PA relative to the population/GDP is still enormous.
From what I know, the Indian army is focusing on the tip of the spear for quite some time now and so is PLA.
PLA, as is expected, is miles ahead and has started reducing the sie of their army as well.

Yes, Pakistan has to keep a disproprotinately large army to population/GDP. India has a million front line men, if Pakistani troop levels equated to the same ratio of soldiers to civilian population levels that India than the size of the Army would be around 100,000!!!!!! No way we can defence the country like that!

In terms of equipment Pakistan certainly does not seem to have a pyramid structure. We may not get the very best from China/Europe, but when we do we can requip fully, cases in point

1) Service rifle, although no decided upon yet, you will not see Pakistan but piecemeal purchases of rifles like in India (Sig, Tavour, M-14 carbine). Either all the army get a new rifle or none do
2) New helicopters, AS350s and AW139s completly replaced Alloutte II/IIIs. India is using a big mix of ALH and still producing Lamas and Cheetahs
3) Hangor subs will give us an all AIP sub fleet,

I guess the point I am making is Pak equipment purchases often happen less and often with less sophistcated equipment, but that means we try and re-equip totally. This gives is the benefit of standardisation in training and baseline commonality on parts, economies of scale.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom