What's new

And India Wins The 2011 Cricket World Cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
more-haters.jpg

Thanks for the reply skull. lol. we won.. its one of the best days of my life. u should have been here. the whole of my city is busy in parties.

You're telling me? :what:

M high on Vodka and Rum, can hardly keep my eyes open.
But some replies from some are keeping me awake. :flame:

Mumbai, April 3 (IANS) India's star batsman Yuvraj Singh said the 'special person' for whom he was playing the World Cup was Sachin Tendulkar.

Yuvraj, who was adjudged Player of the Tournament, kept everybody guessing after India's quarterfinal win over Australia when he said that he was playing the World Cup for a special person.

But Saturday, after India defeated Sri Lanka in the World Cup final at the Wankhede Stadium, Yuvraj said the special person was none other than Tendulkar. He also dedicated the victory his gurujis and mother Shabnam.

'I will disappoint you all. The special person is not my girlfriend, not my fiancee but Sachin. This is unbelievable. I was part of Under-19 World Cup, then Twenty20 World Cup title wins but this is the most special. I want to dedicate this to my guru ji, to my mother and my friends. Last time we were in World Cup final, we made lots of mistakes,' said Yuvraj, who won four Man of the Match awards in the tournament.

'Batting second is lot of pressure but Gauti (Gautam Gambhir) and MS (Mahendra Singh Dhoni) played outstandingly. They played like it was a normal game. We batted like champions. We don't have a proper left-arm spinner and so it was my job to do it. Narendra Hirwani has been helping me and I have been working hard. Tonight is going to be a good night! Thank you India!'

Asked how he felt after coming from his poor run of form last year, Yuvraj said: 'It is a great feeling. Last year was pretty tough. Had lot of injuries, form wasn't that great. I was scoring but not that heavily. Now all the practice, all the hard work has come at the right time.'

Yuvral also thanked former India captain Sourav Ganguly and Dhoni for always supporting him.

'When I started my career, Sourav was the captain and he supported me a lot. And now Mahi also supports me. He has always been there and it is special when the whole team supports you. And this is what makes the team unity. But definitely Sourav and MS have been helpful in my career,' said the 29-year-old who scored 362 runs at an average of 86.19 in eight innings in the tournament.

He also took 15 wickets at an average of 25.13 and an economy-rate of 5.02 with his more-than-useful slow left-arm bowling. :smitten::smitten:
I was playing the World Cup for Tendulkar: Yuvraj

url

well everyone in india wanted the world cup for him...

Rightly said he carried India for 21 years it was time that we carried him

Yuvi was one of Saurav's best guy along with Bhajji.

yaar that's his respect for the great man :)

Yes I know and appreciate it, but special person sounds odd! :lol:

Anyway Sachin deserved it, I am so happy for him, I just wish he had the 501!

still sachin is highest run scorer of indian team and second highest in the wc. sometime it amazes me how can someone be so great.. thanks sachin, thanks for being what u r for Past 21 years. u r the best. undoubtebly THE GOD OF CRICKET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom