What's new

Amir Khan vs. Dmitriy Salita, a clash of faith

Looking at the performance of Amir, I seriously think that we should send our top 10 or 20 boxer abroad for training.. Allah has gifted us great physical strength and if this is mixed with some scientific training we can produce some brilliant boxers......

:butcher:

:moil:

Errrrrr, sorry to burst you bubble dude, but I think Amir Khan is a born and bought up Brit. His grandparents one lived in Pakistan, but that's about it. He represents the Brits in international events.

Errrrrr, sorry to burst you bubble dude, but I think Amir Khan is a born and bought up Brit. His grandparents one lived in Pakistan, but that's about it. He represents the Brits in international events.

thank you for your envious post,, BTW these people are called British Pakistani,,a Pakistani Blood....:D:D:chilli:

Do you live in this world or seems to be new to understanding world's norm.....lol:partay:

thank you for your envious post,, BTW these people are called British Pakistani,,a Pakistani Blood....:D:D:chilli:

Do you live in this world or seems to be new to understanding world's norm.....lol:partay:

Wow, nice stereotyping.

BTW I hope all of africa celebrates the achievements of Barry Bonds the same way. You know, he's AFRICAN AMERICAN. :taz::taz:

Although I think I get your point. It's the same when Indians celebrate the achievements of Laxmi Mittal. ;)

But the context of my post was your comment of sending your atheletes to train outside whereas Amir Khan was born and raised up there.

P.S. Congrats to Amir Khan on a nice win.

Wow, nice stereotyping.

BTW I hope all of africa celebrates the achievements of Barry Bonds the same way. You know, he's AFRICAN AMERICAN. :taz::taz:

Although I think I get your point. It's the same when Indians celebrate the achievements of Laxmi Mittal. ;)

But the context of my post was your comment of sending your atheletes to train outside whereas Amir Khan was born and raised up there.

P.S. Congrats to Amir Khan on a nice win.

Before posting any comment, check videos i have posted in my first post and this will tell you whole story...

He is wearing Green and White, representing himself as a Pakistani..BTW he himself claims it to be like that.

Last edited:
Seriously people leave religion aside especially in sport, I'm sure religion was the last thing on both boxers mind when they entered the ring. I hate when Indians think I must be bitter about Hindus when i say negative things about Sachin so it annoys me when Pakistanis do the same.

Amirs boxing has improved greatly since he has been with Freddie at the Wildcard gym, inshallah he'll do well against Paulie.

Allow Amir for the time being, anyone going to watch Mosley vs Mayweather on May 1st? Really can't wait for this showdown, going to be an epic fight, Money to win on points. No diggity, no doubt everyone knows what Floyd Mayweather is about :woot:

Before posting any comment, check videos i have posted in my first post and this will tell you whole story...

He is wearing Green and White, representing himself as a Pakistani..BTW he himself claims it to be like that.

Hachim Amla wears green while representing South Africa in international cricket.

The colour of his trunks does not mean anything. If you can construe anything from that, it's at best religion, not nationality.

Amir Khan called himself Pakistani on twitter.

Which country did he represent when he won the olympic silver medal? What is more reliable?

Dude, if you ask him about his heritage, he will obviously reply about it. But Amir Khan himself has little to do with Pakistan. He might be proud of his heritage, but that's it.

His grandparents made a conscious decision to leave Pakistan and settle down in the UK. But sure, if having pakistani grandparents makes him a pakistani, then all Americans and Australians are really English, and all Pakistanis are actually Indians :P

@prodevelopment: haven't you watched this video??

He himself is claiming that he wear Pakistani flag, without being asked that question.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you mentioned it yourself it was promoted by Media. Media does such thing to incite emotions and win TRPs but does that make it a religious issue? Do you really think so? Did Salita or Amir said the same thing? It would be stupid if they had said so.

Another point made by blain2 was that he was wearing Star of David(PBUH) on his back but even that does not really make it a religious encounter or something of that sort. .

I no where said it is a religious issue. Yes I said that it was potrayed by the media with a religious touch to increase the PR and the people liked it like that (both the sides, till the match ended after which only the Pakistani and Muslims continued to enjoy its religious side), obviously that's why it was used by the Media because it knew it will intice people's emotion. I don't know if Amir did or did not but Salita's camp did try to potray it like this by the Israeli flag and the star of David on display but that is just my opinion, you can disagree with that.

The issue is not whether it should be given a religious touch or not, the problem is, it was potrayed like that, it increased the PR, no one came running to tell "Don't give it a religious touch" at that time but only now when Amir has Kicked Salita's @ss and the Pakistanis and Muslims are rejoicing its religious angle, some people, obvioulsy from the opposite camp, are trying to play down the religious side of it now, only now!

Last edited:
Seriously people leave religion aside especially in sport, I'm sure religion was the last thing on both boxers mind when they entered the ring. I hate when Indians think I must be bitter about Hindus when i say negative things about Sachin so it annoys me when Pakistanis do the same.

Amirs boxing has improved greatly since he has been with Freddie at the Wildcard gym, inshallah he'll do well against Paulie.

Allow Amir for the time being, anyone going to watch Mosley vs Mayweather on May 1st? Really can't wait for this showdown, going to be an epic fight, Money to win on points. No diggity, no doubt everyone knows what Floyd Mayweather is about :woot:

yeap, you are right.... Religion should not be brought in sports. Pakistani never brought religion in Cricket, hockey or Boxing....never ever.

But in Amir Khan's case our opponent did it, thus got the result what he deserved.
so it was my message to all that do not mess with Pakistanis.:pakistan:

This post is for those who seemed a jealous and envious from this thread..

khan434545459.jpg

:pakistan:
amirkhan.jpg

:pakistan:

Amir Khan a Pakistani hero,,,

:pakistan: A Pakistani..... :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom