What's new

American Embassy School in Crisis after Khobragade Row

I agree if it illegal then they should be thrown out. I can only read partial of the original post on my phone... how does a prestigious school get away with this? from the few line is read it said this has been going for the longest

so read carefully ...before you start vomitting .

Only morons start barking like you did without reading fully !!!

This arrogance that you are better than others ..is the root cause why you justify your exceptionalism ...and it feeds your false sense of superiority .

Wherever we are ..we are not arrogant and blinded by false sense of superiority or inferiority ...

we do not go to police around the world unlike you ...despite being the biggest theives and murderers in whole world !!!

oh shut up and get over US deranged syndrome . you need to police around your borders first before you can imagine to police anyone...

Because it is a wink and nod agreement that diplomats have, with other countries - just as the agreement that Indian diplomats need not pay US wages to their personal staff, which also ha been going on for a long time. When the US decided to end that agreement, we decided to reciprocate. People without work visas cannot work here. The prestigious school in question is exclusively for the children of diplomats, which is why they were allowed to do so until now.

not paying wages is not a wink and nod.in the US..as a FYI. There have been other indians along with several other countries diplomats charged and deported for the same crime over years.

oh shut up and get over US deranged syndrome . you need to police around your borders first before you can imagine to police anyone...

Off course morons like you who read only half of the post on phone can come out with stupid conclusions like you did just now .
First teach propriety and laws and conventions to your own diplomats and their spouses before targetting diplomats of other countries ...!

atleast you agreed that spouses of american diplomats were acting against law ...and were guilty of tax evasion ...

You should be thankful to India for not incarcerating them in jails ...

But such niceties can't be expected from arrogant and self obscessed americans like you .

not paying wages is not a wink and nod.in the US..as a FYI. There have been other indians along with several other countries diplomats charged and deported for the same crime over years.

It wasn't ''not paying wages'', it was not paying American wages, which would be several times more than the diplomats own salary, an in fact higher than the salary of the President of India. Of course it has been a wink and nod agreement - no diplomat from India has ever paid that kind of money to their staff, and they never can. Please give me an example of an Indian diplomat being charged for that crime before.

In case you don't understand - wink and nod agreements only apply to diplomats, not anybody else. Diplomats are in a unique situation because they work and live there, but are paid by the home country. They do not even earn what would be minimum wage in the US. So give me another instance of a diplomat being charged with this "crime".

It is due to their unique situation that diplomats have wink and nod agreements, whether it is about the salary of their staff, or about working without a work visa.

Yes. why not . US is a land of saints and angels .

It wasn't ''not paying wages'', it was not paying American wages, which would be several times more than the diplomats own salary, an in fact higher than the salary of the President of India. Of course it has been a wink and nod agreement - no diplomat from India has ever paid that kind of money to their staff, and they never can. Please give me an example of an Indian diplomat being charged for that crime before.

In case you don't understand - wink and nod agreements only apply to diplomats, not anybody else. Diplomats are in a unique situation because they work and live there, but are paid by the home country. They do not even earn what would be minimum wage in the US. So give me another instance of a diplomat being charged with this "crime".

It is due to their unique situation that diplomats have wink and nod agreements, whether it is about the salary of their staff, or about working without a work visa.

The names of other diplomats is what i have to research further as I remember reading about it in one of the publications when the situation was heating up.

Secondly- you don't have to pay US wages in other countries, you pay wages according to the country wages where you get employment.

Bharara noted that “there have been other public cases in the United States involving other countries, and some involving India, where the mistreatment of domestic workers by diplomats or consular officers was charged criminally. http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...64c1c-68c5-11e3-8b5b-a77187b716a3_story.html”

Off course morons like you who read only half of the post on phone can come out with stupid conclusions like you did just now .
First teach propriety and laws and conventions to your own diplomats and their spouses before targetting diplomats of other countries ...!

atleast you agreed that spouses of american diplomats were acting against law ...and were guilty of tax evasion ...

You should be thankful to India for not incarcerating them in jails ...

But such niceties can't be expected from arrogant and self obscessed americans like you .

unlike you idiots we would not throw a fuss about criminal acts committed by our diplomats or citizens . you are free to jail them...because we believe in laws.

The names of other diplomats is what i have research further as I remember reading about it in one of the publications when the situation was heating up.

Secondly- you don't have to pay US wages in other countries, you pay wages according to the country wages where you get employment.

so why is then top US diplomat who desisted from paying locallly prevalent wages to his philipino maid in Tokyo ..and when he was charged for abuse , visa fraud and similar offences by Japanese officials ..why the great state department of great America shielded its diplomat .

Hypocrisy right ?

unlike you idiots we would not throw a fuss about criminal acts committed by our diplomats or citizens . you are free to jail them...because we believe in laws.

You guys are the worst kind of hypocrites .
Your selective belief in laws is world famous !

so why is then top US diplomat who desisted from paying locallly prevalent wages to his philipino maid in Tokyo ..and when he was charged for abuse and visa fraud and similar charges by Japanese officials ..why the great state department of great America shielded its diplomat .

Hypocrisy right ?

The US state department says that the salary paid to local staff of US diplomats is based on "prevailing wage rates and compensation practices''. Unlike the contract between Khobragade and her maid Sangeeta Richard, though, this one between the US official and his maid doesn't carry any stipulation of hours of work. The contract, which came into effect on December 1 last year, says the Filipina maid would work "six full workdays per week'' at a salary of $458 per month

she was being paid at $3/hr , which probably more than your min wages.

The names of other diplomats is what i have research further as I remember reading about it in one of the publications when the situation was heating up.

Please take a break from this thread and read calmly. You are appearing confused to the point of being disoriented. This is my last post trying to educate you.

Normally, people have to pay their employees the minimum wage of the place they work at. But diplomats only get paid by the govt they work FOR, not the govt of the country they work in. So an Indian diplomat in the USA will only get an Indian wage, which is far lower than the US minimum wage. So they cannot afford to pay their employees American wages either, they can only pay them as much as they would pay in India. However the govt of India will bear all living and travel and food and clothing and medical expenses for that employee, so he or she would lead a far more comfortable life there than the average minimum wage earner can hope to do. That is the wink and nod agreement afforded only to diplomats, that they need not pay American wages to their employees.

This is standard practice by diplomats from most poor countries, so search as much as you want, you will not find any other case of a diplomat being arrested for this. Diplomats will not be able to work there if they are expected to pay American wages to their nannies, while they themselves get Indian wages.

The US state department says that the salary paid to local staff of US diplomats is based on "prevailing wage rates and compensation practices''. Unlike the contract between Khobragade and her maid Sangeeta Richard, though, this one between the US official and his maid doesn't carry any stipulation of hours of work. The contract, which came into effect on December 1 last year, says the Filipina maid would work "six full workdays per week'' at a salary of $458 per month

she was being paid at $3/hr , which probably more than your min wages.

Now i understand why you signed off as Moron ...because you are one !

Do you even understand what example i quoted ???

read properly first ...try to understand what issue is being discussed ...and then reply if you have anything substantial to say ....

so why is then top US diplomat who desisted from paying locallly prevalent wages to his philipino maid in Tokyo ..and when he was charged for abuse and visa fraud and similar charges by Japanese officials ..why the great state department of great America shielded its diplomat .

Hypocrisy right ?

You guys are the worst kind of hypocrites .
Your selective belief in laws is world famous !
these americans and people aspire to be like them are two face hypocrites...
these nris dont have right to speak up for or against India.... having mere origin doesnt make them indians...
they should take care of their fkng business i.e being slaves of amreekis...

Please take a break from this thread and read calmly. You are appearing confused to the point of being disoriented. This is my last post trying to educate you.

Normally, people have to pay their employees the minimum wage of the place they work at. But diplomats only get paid by the govt the work FOR, not the govt of the country they work in. So an Indian diplomat in the USA will only get an Indian wage, which is far lower than the US minimum wage. So they cannot afford to pay their employees American wages either, they can only pay as much as they would pay in India. However the govt of India will bear all living and travel and food and clothing and medical expenses for that employee. That is the wink and nod agreement afforded only to diplomats, that they need not pay American wages to their employees.

This is standard practice by diplomats from most poor countries, so search as much as you want, you will not find any other case of a diplomat being arrested for this. Diplomats will not be able to work there if they are expected to pay American wages to their nannies, while they themselves get Indian wages.

well what is confusing is your claim of wink and nod and making assumptions.

This is as plain speak as I can state- In the US, you have to pay US wages if the person is working under a US work visa. Plus you cannot work in the US period, without a US work visa . You may think the indian govt is winking and nodding till the cows come home.... but it does not apply so within our laws. not for India not for anyone...

Secondly, I quoted for you above where it says others indian diplomats in the past + diplomats from other countries were also criminally charged.... you may not like it, but it is a fact

Worker abuse by diplomats a problem, advocates say

Now i understand why you signed off as Moron ...because you are one !

Do you even understand what example i quoted ???

read properly first ...try to understand what issue is being discussed ...and then reply if you have anything substantial to say ....

slumdog--- you mention the case of a filipino maid hired by the US diplomat . there is one case I know of ....

US diplomat in Mumbai pays his Filipina maid less than $3 per hour - The Times of India

Last edited:
well what is confusing is your claim of wink and nod and making assumptions.

This is as plain speak as I can state- In the US, you have to pay US wages, if the person is working under a US work visa. you may think the indian govt is winking and nodding till the cows come home.... but it does not apply so within our laws. not for India not for anyone...

Secondly, I quoted for you above where it says others indian diplomats in the past + diplomats from other countries were also criminally charged.... you may not like it, but it is a fact

slumdog--- you mention the case of a filipino maid hired by the US diplomat in India. there is one case I know of ....

US diplomat in Mumbai pays his Filipina maid less than $3 per hour - The Times of India

You retarded moron. I quoted case of Top american diplomat in Japan ....

Do you understand difference between Tokyo and Mumbai ...India and japan ?

If not then go back to elementary school . Regression of milestones is not uncommon for mentally challened .

read post no # 97 you blind fool

" so why is then top US diplomat who desisted from paying locallly prevalent wages to his philipino maid in Tokyo ..and when he was charged for abuse , visa fraud and similar offences by Japanese officials ..why the great state department of great America shielded its diplomat .
Hypocrisy right ? "

Tokyo embassy U.S. diplomat identified as Thurmond Borden, had domestic troubles. The story is that in 1993, 40 year-old Lucia Martel was working as a domestic in Manila. In March of that same year, Mr. Borden was visiting the Philippines on vacation with his Filipino wife, and the couple was looking for a woman. Mr. and Mrs. Borden offered Lucia a monthly wage of about Y30,000 (USD300). To comply with the Japanese immigration regulations, a written contract was signed that contained very different language. The contract stated her working conditions as six days/week, eight hours/day, a monthly salary of Y150,000 (USD1500), and an overtime pay of 125%. The contract papers were submitted both to the U.S. Embassy and to the Japanese Immigration Bureau.
Lucia started working at Borden’s residence October 16, 1993. Despite her contract, she was forced to work from six in the morning to ten in the evening, and was not allowed to rest even on Christmas and New Years according to reports.
On May 22, 1994, reports were that Lucia complained to Mrs. Borden and the latter confiscated Lucia’s original contract, return air-ticket and Alien Registration Certificate. This Certificate is very important for expatriates in Japan. It must be carried at all times and if caught without it, one may end up being taken into custody by the police. Lucia went to the Naka-ward municipal office to have a new card issued. The shocked office staff who heard her story contacted the police. A cop officer visited the Borden’s residence to take Lucia’s Registration Certificate back from Mrs. Borden. Mr. Borden, returning from his work, was said to have become enraged. He allegedly shouted, “Go back to the Philippines!” to Lucia. Lucia feared that she might be assaulted. She fled the residence taking none of her belongings except the clothes she was wearing.
Lucia eventually tried to sue the Borden’s, and organized protest marches outside the U.S. embassy. The State Department, however, claimed diplomatic immunity on Borden’s behalf and the Japanese legal system dropped the case. State Department records list Borden now as the head of the Consular Section in Jakarta where, among other tasks, he has responsibility for issuing maid visas to U.S. diplomats’ domestic help bound for the U.S.
- See more at: US Diplomat Enslaved Woman; Sadly, Not Uncommon Except in the Extreme | Ghosts of Tom Joad - Peter Van Buren

Back
Top Bottom