What's new

American called Miss Indian terrorists, hateful tweets

VelocuR

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A Lot Of People Are Very Upset That An Indian-American Woman Won The Miss America Pageant

enhanced-buzz-25440-1379304796-17.jpg

When her win was announced, Twitter immediately exploded with hateful tweets, with people calling her Arab.

Congratulations Al-Qaeda. Our Miss America is one of you.

Miss New York is an Indian.. With all do respect, this is America

Miss America is a terrorist. Whatever. It's fine.

So miss america is a terrorist

@ABC2020 nice slap in the face to the people of 9-11 how pathetic #missamerica

#MissAmerica ummm wtf?! Have we forgotten 9/11?

A Lot Of People Are Very Upset That An Indian-American Woman Won The Miss America Pageant

they really dont know what is going on in the world

Obviously announcement to her name, they know it is Indian. If Arab, she doesn't wear hijab or niqab. Many Americans see Indians same as Arabs or Terrorists.

Amazing me is that there are many numbers of dark-skinned Indian actors in every US TV programs, you see Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Fareed Zakaria, Raj Big Bang Theory, Apu The Simpsons, Kelly Kapoor Mindi Kaling, and other characters in comedy, drama, movies, and news. You will find Indian characters there, still audiences haven't learned about India as they think arelike black people.

Aziz Ansari, Mindy Kaling, and the sudden rise of Indians on television. - Slate Magazine

Common yaar..... 10/12 di@k heads THEY EVEN DONT KNOW WHERE IS INDIA and ARAB and media HIGHLIGHTING THEM

I don't see such stupid anywhere else in the world except only in my country. Why...:pissed:

Just some hillbilly American ignorants who need to be ignored.

P.S- I hope this girl didn't win on the basis of her looks.

Interesting are the comments of the Americans readers of this article.
My bet would be Pakistanis saying this. I don't know a single American who thinks Indians are terrorist (the ones who think Sihks are Muslim notwithstanding) ps....see above quote for my point.

Obviously announcement to her name, they know it is Indian. If Arab, she doesn't wear hijab or niqab. Many Americans see Indians same as Arabs or Terrorists.

these are tweets and tweeters can be from our neighbor countries so i don't mind them American knows India and Indians

For majority of American population.

A Japanese is a Chinese.
A Korean is a Chinese.
A Philippino is a Chinese.
A Malyasian is a Chinese.
A Thai is a Chinese.
A Vietnamese is a Chinese.
A Chinese is obviously a Chinese.

For heavens sake, even an Eskimo is a Chinese.

And best of all, rest are either Arabs, Browns ...or just simply put "Aliens".........

Bhawawawwawawawawawawawwawawawawa...... :rofl:

What an ugly face- with terrible underarms- :sick:-

she is beautiful in reality you can google her its just that this pic is terrible and she is looking horrible in all the ways

For majority of American population.

A Japanese is a Chinese.
A Korean is a Chinese.
A Philippino is a Chinese.
A Malyasian is a Chinese.
A Thai is a Chinese.
A Vietnamese is a Chinese.
A Chinese is obviously a Chinese.

For heavens sake, even an Eskimo is a Chinese.

And best of all, rest are either Arabs, Browns ...or just simply put "Aliens".........

Bhawawawwawawawawawawawwawawawawa...... :rofl:

true....:)

Nina Davuluri's Miss America win triggers racist tweets

1297467475270_ORIGINAL.jpg

SEPTEMBER 16, 2013

Another day, another beauty contest, another roaring controversy.

If beauty really is only skin deep, why are do so many people feel free to comment on the outward appearance of somebody like Nina Davuluri?

The 24-year-old is the newly crowned Miss America, although some – but not all – of the response to her winning that exalted title has verged on the near hysterical.

For some reason her background disturbs some Americans.

Her noisy critics seem to find it odd that she has an Indian heritage (her talent routine was a Bollywood fusion dance) and they feel it disqualifies her from victory.

Which is a truly funny concept given that immigrants who were escaping persecution and arrived in search of freedom from oppression founded America itself.

Whether or not the outrage is manufactured or not, it does seem to have struck a nerve -- although even before the crowning took place, Miss Davuluri had been embroiled in controversy.

She was accused of saying her predecessor Mallory Hagan was ‘fat as s***’ – something she has since vigorously denied.

Once she was crowned, the opinions really started on social media and a stream of racist abuse began to appear on Twitter.

One commenter wrote the message ‘9/11 was 4 days ago and she gets miss America?’

“WHEN WILL A WHITE WOMAN WIN #MISSAMERICA? Ever??!!” asked another.

One Twitter user wrote: ‘This is Miss America... Not Miss Foreign Country.’

Another had this observation: ‘Shes (sic) like not even american and she won miss america.’

Some people accused her of not being American, others said she was an Arab and looked like a terrorist.

One Twitter user, DallasRobinson8, wrote: “I am literally soo mad right now a ARAB won. #MissAmerica”

Jakeamick5 added: “How the **** does a foreigner win miss America? She is a Arab! #idiots”

Not that any of the harsh words have hurt her.

The native of Syracuse, N.Y. wants to be a doctor, and is applying to medical school, with the help of a $50,000 scholarship she won as part of the pageant title. She believes education and hard work is the key to her success.

You can’t get much more American than that.

Nina Davuluri's Miss America win triggers racist tweets | World | News | Toronto Sun

-df3ef17a376a71cc.jpg

-e46e34dd8abd882b.jpg

More twitters: Miss New York Nina Davuluri crowned Miss America, racial shots fly on Twitter | al.com

There are stupid and ignorant people in every country, USA is no different. But thankfully these people are in the minority. Most of them got thrashed on twitter itself and if you look at the comments underneath the article, most of those folks are Americans too.

Back
Top Bottom