What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Flawed arguement ... 22 stored in the carosel, rest are in the armoured bins at the back, side, no round is left exposed in the turret... Also systems like "CREW BAY EXPLOSION, DETECTION AND SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS" are present in AK.

Apart from that (info on basic AK variant) :

Armor protection is modular, allowing for quick battle damage repairs and improvement as more advanced armor becomes available or heavier armor is desired. Frontal armor is composite and of Pakistani design, with side armor being spaced; it is of a more modern design than that on the Al-Zarrar and lighter in weight. The turret front, turret sides, glacis, and hull sides have lugs for ERA. Attention was paid to land mine damage in the form of thickened floor armor. The ammunition is carried in armored bins, and virtually the entire vehicle has thick Kevlar anti-spalling blankets. The engine also has a thick bulkhead separating it from the crew compartment. An automatic explosion and fire suppression system is provided, and the crew has an NBC overpressure system; the engine compartment and ammunition bins have their own systems of the same sort. The Al-Khalid has a laser detection system that can automatically trigger smoke grenades to block the laser, and a radar warning system that can give the crew a chance to take evasive action.

Pakistani Tanks

A little info on its armour:

Perhaps the greatest advance in the tank’s design is it’s armour. While maintaining the modular and thus easily modifiable armour of the Al-Khalid, it has added another “layer.” The Al-Khalids armour is made up of as much as 6 layers of armour, a base layer of steel, a layer of ultra-hard composites (to defeat long rod penetrators), another more minimal layer of steel (all of these layers being spaced to prevent penetration by a HEAT warhead), a layer of Kevlar to defeat minor threats to the tank (like small arms and smaller armour-piercing threats), and then a layer of nERA (non-explosive reactive armour, in this case, rubber), and then finally a layer of (selectively applied) bricks of either composites (often employed in peacetime to save costs and maintenance) or ERA (explosive reactive armour) to defeat HEAT-type threats. The tank is also equipped with more effective damage control (like explosive suppression) systems.

Sources:DESTO

P.S: Not all tanks have BO panels... google em.. start with T-90.

Bro I knew that info and I did say that we use ammo bins and yes the T-90 doesn't use them either, but that's one of my pet problems with T variants in general.

AZ is still a potent tank when compared to others like T-72s or modernised 2nd gen tanks.. its a new thank with dozens of upgrades... be it in the CnC,IBMS,Data linking,new 125mm smoothbore,armour or imagery systems....

350 T-84s/UDs ... 600 AK-Is,500 upgraded T-85IIAPs,600 AZs and a shit load of older ones.. i think we have a pretty capable force even right now... not even considering the 40+ AKs,100-AZs? chunned out by HIT each year on order...

But yes the older tanks should be phased out.. although i believe the T-85IIAPs will soldier on till 2020...the rest excluding T-84s and AZs...will be replaced by AK-II...

Get rid of the older tanks and replace them with later AK variants and then we will be primed.

Supplement ? bro yara kyun mera mouh khulwata hai .. kuch kaha tou yeh sab bura maan jaien gei...

Ok I understand.

Probably better off as junk bro. We will be looking at quality so it will be more advanced versions of the Al-Khalid and hopefully the Altay, when you guys are finished. :-)
A Country of 160 millions would look more into quantity I'd assume :D But the times are changing.
They could use the turrets for base defense or something when they are building kalekols.
Many of them already are being used as stationary pill boxes. Pity... those bathtub shaped hulls are very resistant against mines.

A Country of 160 millions would look more into quantity I'd assume :D But the times are changing.

That would have been the case about 12 years ago. Now our population is at 200 million.

The army will be going for Al-Khalid variants and hopefully the Altay. The very thought of that has me so pumped.

Keep going Turkish bros.

It says serial production may start in 2015...

Cabatli already said 3rd prototype(P1) is finished but...

Many of them already are being used as stationary pill boxes. Pity... those bathtub shaped hulls are very resistant against mines.

Don't forget Indian is a country of 1.2 billion

It says serial production may start in 2015...

Cabatli already said 3rd prototype(P1) is finished but...

So good ,can't wait to see Altay

I know

I am talk about Pakistan is outnumbered by India ,so must force on quality

We don't need Altay as it will not function properly in our terrain. We will seek its subsystems for AL-Khalid upgrades. AK was built specifically for Pakistan's armored warfare requirements. We can upgrade it by integrating Altay's technology to make it more lethal.

Lastly, yes India has a lot of soldiers though what they forget is that Pakistani civilians have 85 million fire arms. We are not going to leave our army in the field. Pakistanis know how to fight and have the will to do so. Above that we have nukes and only a moron will screw with Pakistan from India as it will mean utter annihilation.

We don't need Altay as it will not function properly in our terrain. We will seek its subsystems for AL-Khalid upgrades. AK was built specifically for Pakistan's armored warfare requirements. We can upgrade it by integrating Altay's technology to make it more lethal.
So far it seems that only superior sub system Turkey can offer is the fire control system designed by Aselsan.

lastly, I'd advise you to start a conscription system, so you can be sure that people know how to fight.
especially you think you're going to be relying on them.

So far it seems that only superior sub system Turkey can offer is the fire control system designed by Aselsan.

lastly, I'd advise you to start a conscription system, so you can be sure that people know how to fight.
especially you think you're going to be relying on them.

I am not in favour of conscription as we have a standing army. What should happen is that all male college graduates should be given a short 6 month course in military training and discipline.

I am not in favour of conscription as we have a standing army. What should happen is that all male college graduates should be given a short 6 month course in military training and discipline.
of course, standing army should stand. Professionals should handle the complex, expensive equipment but infantry should mostly consist of conscripts. Conscripts became cooks, berbers, they do lots of stuff, they provide a large infantry force and return the money you've spent in their 6 months training.

Proper training of an infantry takes around a hundred thousand dollars per troop. "Training" is a serious expenditure. And you've spent the money, why not just let them do the job for free? :)

of course, standing army should stand. Professionals should handle the complex, expensive equipment but infantry should mostly consist of conscripts. Conscripts became cooks, berbers, they do lots of stuff, they provide a large infantry force and return the money you've spent in their 6 months training.

Proper training of an infantry takes around a hundred thousand dollars per troop. "Training" is a serious expenditure. And you've spent the money, why not just let them do the job for free? :)
because you have to feed and house them for a long time. In 6 months one can learn alot. Im actually in favor of aeronauts idea for turkey or something similar.

because you have to feed and house them for a long time. In 6 months one can learn alot. Im actually in favor of aeronauts idea for turkey or something similar.
Trust me, you don't want a professional army in Turkey.
We have a professional police force and it's functioning like sturmstaffel.. a militia force of AKP

Last edited:
Trust me, you don't want a professional army in Turkey.
We have a professional police force and it's functioning like sturmstaffel.. a militia force of AKP
Actually thats a good point.

I agree with your above post as long as conscripts get a high level of training. For example they can march for very long distances, they are able to get alot of rounds down range, and what not.
Altay MBT | Page 52

Also idk how much the soldiers in pakistan get paid. If we had to pay hundreds of thousands of guys then we would be doomed so i guess for us conscription is fine.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom