What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Since Turkey has %70 of the world's boron deposits, our composites must have a greater ratio of it.
Where did you find that information? Just because we have 70% of the worlds boron doesn't necessarily mean our tanks have more boron than others.

Or Tungsten Carbide. :)
Tungsten has seen widespread use in armor piercing bullet cores, But I've never heard of it being used in the armor itself...
Probably because China has most of the reserves :)
Where did you find that information? Just because we have 70% of the worlds boron doesn't necessarily mean our tanks have more boron than others.
I said "probably"
That should indicate that my statement was an assumption

Tungsten has seen widespread use in armor piercing bullet cores, But I've never heard of it being used in the armor itself...
Probably because China has most of the reserves :)
he deleted his post but you quoted it before it was deleted.

Lmao do you think only you are using Boron? we are using it in our composite armour aswell ... go through the AK info pool thread for more .. my frnd.

Yes the tank itself is "inspired" from the korean K.
Yeeaaaaah it was inspired. Just look at the weight of the K2 and the altay.

Ow wait, there is more than a 10 ton difference between these tanks.

ungsten has seen widespread use in armor piercing bullet cores, But I've never heard of it being used in the armor itself...
Probably because China has most of the reserves

Nope i was referring to hardness scale.

1-) Diamond
2-) Tungsten Carbide
3-) Boron Carbide.

Actually hyundai is just providing technical assistance according to wiki.

Since Turkey has %70 of the world's boron deposits, our composites must have a greater ratio of it.
But most of the info about the tank is unfortunately still unknown/classified
Nice logic kardes !!! :lol:

But let us not have a ^&^% measuring contest. after all we are brother countries.

If you wan't to compare the two anyway then let us do that when Altay is inducted. by then, our NG AK will also be out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice logic kardes !!! :lol:
But let us not have a ^&^% measuring contest. after all we are brother countries.
If you wan't to compare the two anyway then let us do that when Altay is inducted. by then, our NG AK will also be out. :)
It wasn't my intention to measure &*(% I didn't know you've been using the same materials with us... I thought Turkey could contribute something... but the only thing left that we can offer is Aselsan's volkan series FCS'

Why would we import a tank when we already have our own programe? IDEAS 2014 isnt far... lets see what those 6 major modifications are ( screw em for cancelling the other 4 ... due to budget restraints) .. my opinion :

Armour
Engine
Sights
APS
??

etc etc

Our tank has issues that very few people want to tackle bro. We can start with storing ammo in the vicinity of the crew. Al-Khalid is good for some things, but we really do need something far reaching and could potentially give us the strongest tank force in South Asia.

You hit the nail on the head regarding the budget and the relatively small numbers of Al-Khalid makes me think the army has other plans. Here in the Altay we have no such budget concerns as the Turks have handled everything e.g. development costs and so forth. We could set up local production and beef up the numbers of Al-Khalids.

Now that would be an armoured formation to be reckoned with.

Back
Top Bottom