What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

the front side looks a bit different

11d0b0d0b0idef-2013_altay_t.jpg

alt004_zpsd4b1a4f0.jpg

Different turrent? In which kind. Btw, it look a little bit short.

Different turrent? In which kind. Btw, it look a little bit short.

Although two prototypes are produced for trials, They didn't reach the final appearance so We may see a different turret with roketsan's additional armours which is similar as one of Otokar's design image revealed at the beggining of program.

010411_otokaraltay.jpg

This one recalls me above design !!!

alt001_zps6fd94ef8.jpg

A different Altay turret which sides recalls first image
45360_556298214409996_1861651436_n.jpg

Maybe need a high resolution pic. The sides looks at a 45 degree angle. Looks better than the Otokar picture of Altay.

hy guys a question.

will be our altay tank equipped with a APS system ! would be very interesting.

They are reverse engineered my friend.

Even the Iranians them self are confirming this. Instead of havin cr4p equipments it's better to get some part from othe countries.

If you don't do this you end up just like Iran.

Fantazy state of the art equipment.

trolling each other like fools !!!

@Iran Land of shia ... baradar dige inja comment nade , inaro nariz toye Iranian Defence , ...

@olcayto !

we had a discussion yesterday ... use report button and wait for moderators ... don't ruin your own topics

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know why they don't add long sideskirts to Altay? Even the first concept has very short sideskirts (looks like i can't add links yet), and the prototypes have no side skirts at all. Look at Tulpar's sideskirts, that's what Altay needs. And why don't they give the turret a more sloped design?

Does anyone know why they don't add long sideskirts to Altay? Even the first concept has very short sideskirts (looks like i can't add links yet), and the prototypes have no side skirts at all. Look at Tulpar's sideskirts, that's what Altay needs. And why don't they give the turret a more sloped design?

As if the Altay isnt heavy enough.

As if the Altay isnt heavy enough.

Why do they bother with developing such a state of the art MBT, if you they are gonna leave some parts of it vulnerable? Sideskirts are crucial for a MBT, they should add them no matter how heavy they are. Even adding simple steel plates (which have limited protection) is better than having no sideskirts at all.

otokar-altay-tank.jpg

Altay_MBT_Mock-up.jpg

tank8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom