What's new

Altaf Hussain arrested in London over money laundering charges.

there is no "arrested for 24 hours", police can get sued for it
here police only arrests you if they have a strong case against you

here is the BBC source which says, that altaf is detained for interrogation

BBC Urdu - ’بس اتنا بتا سکتا ہوں کہ اچھے ہمسائے ہیں‘

Metropolitan Police is saying that the doctors has advised hospitalisation for Altaf bhai for another night. He is not fit to give interview/interrogation to Police. So he is likely to stay in the hospital for another night. He is undergoing blood tests in Wellington Hospital. That is at the corner of Lords cricket Government, was there on saturday to watch England vs Sri Lanka cricket match.

when i was barking since yesterday that altaf is only getting interviewed you guys said, altaf is going to be presented to megistrate, he is going to be charged and imprisoned lol

so altaf is not arrested :lol:

@darkinsky

Main kisi bhi party ke khilaf nahi mere liye MQM, PML-N, PPP, PTI, ANP sab aik jaise hain agar wo mulk ke liye kaam na karain. Tum abhi tak ye nahi maan paye ke wo arrest howa hai aur meri post bhi bookmark ki.. baaqi kya mano ge. Tumhari justifications se kuch hona nahi London Police lagi hoe hai justification lene bhai sahab se jinhain tum se zayada pata hai. Agar wo innocent pronounce ho gaye to izzat se bahar aa jayen ge. Warna Saza ho jaye ga

Let me assure you ke insaaf ho ga chahay jitna bhi political influence kyoun na ho

come on yaar why hide your feelings be original, its no harm in hating some

yeh tum logon ki khuhishain he 30 years se jab se MQM bani he, MQM has faced many trials and has vindicated itself from many guilts

Last edited:
"

when i was barking since yesterday that altaf is only getting interviewed you guys said, altaf is going to be presented to megistrate, he is going to be charged and imprisoned lol

This is also from bbc "Police in London have arrested the leader of Pakistan's powerful MQM party, Altaf Hussain, on suspicion of money-laundering." I can not paste the weblink check it out on bbc, title is "Pakistan MQM Leader AH arrested in london"
Funny title "bus itna bata sakta hun ke ache hamsai hain"

Dont worry I am coming to your questions as well.

"

This is also from bbc "Police in London have arrested the leader of Pakistan's powerful MQM party, Altaf Hussain, on suspicion of money-laundering." I can not paste the weblink check it out on bbc, title is "Pakistan MQM Leader AH arrested in london"
Funny title "bus itna bata sakta hun ke ache hamsai hain"

Dont worry I am coming to your questions as well.

there is a difference between detention and arrest, detention is when they have no evidence against you to charge you, detention is when you are a suspect and they need to spit some information from you and there is a time period in which you can be detained other wise they have to release you if not found guilty, arrest is when the guy is formally charged with a crime and he is then imprisoned and wited for trial
When a Police Officer detains you, they are suspecting that you have been involved in some illegal activity. However, they do not yet have probable cause to arrest. Detaining a suspect is used to hold someone while a quick investigation is done to find evidence, witnesses, or view the surveillance video. Once the police officer finds probable cause that you most likely were involved in illegal activity, you will be placed under arrrest. Arrest is where you are no longer able to exercise your freedoms and are in the custody of the state. You must go to jail to be booked on charges or issued a citation to appear in court.

BBC Urdu - ’بس اتنا بتا سکتا ہوں کہ اچھے ہمسائے ہیں‘

I think it is more about the definition of Arrest and Detain. Lets use the term which Scotland Yard used while giving an official statement. That is 60 year old man "Held" on suspicion of Money Laundering. Now held can be defined as both arrested or detained but the British Media chose to use the term "Arrested" despite being in contact with the Metropolitan Police/Scotland Yard.

This technicality is less important and regardless of the term you use, the police need to charge the suspect within 24 hours, seek extension from the superintendent for another 12 hours and then seek extension from court for another 36 hours if need be. After that they have to either charge the suspect or release. Nobody used the term that he is been charged, Thank God you at least accepted today that he is been detained. Yesterday you were adherent that he was still sitting in his home and refusing any police interference in his personal life and also denying the fact that he went to the hospital under the custody of Police. MQM did a good job by controlling the situation and not using harsh terms that may play with public's sentiments.

I think it is more about the definition of Arrest and Detain. Lets use the term which Scotland Yard used while giving an official statement. That is 60 year old man "Held" on suspicion of Money Laundering. Now held can be defined as both arrested or detained but the British Media chose to use the term "Arrested" despite being in contact with the Metropolitan Police/Scotland Yard.

This technicality is less important and regardless of the term you use, the police need to charge the suspect within 24 hours, seek extension from the superintendent for another 12 hours and then seek extension from court for another 36 hours if need be. After that they have to either charge the suspect or release. Nobody used the term that he is been charged, Thank God you at least accepted today that he is been detained. Yesterday you were adherent that he was still sitting in his home and refusing any police interference in his personal life and also denying the fact that he went to the hospital under the custody of Police. MQM did a good job by controlling the situation and not using harsh terms that may play with public's sentiments.

how can you charge a suspect when he is to be interviewed? this is not a murder case, this is a money laundering case, how can you charge a sunject within 24 hours and esp with his interview?

the point his altaf will give his interview, his statements will then be used by prosecutors in the courts, but you guys since yesterday made out to be as if altaf is charged for money laundering and will see the prison cell shortly after

time to rest dear

nothing is gonna happen, as i told you MQM has a very solid case, only doubting the source of income is not enough prosecution needs to prove that the money came from illegal source, for you it is bhatta right?

not good enough!!

period

the only turning point which can charge MQM is findin some crown witness within MQM folds or someone who can come from pakistan and testify MQM's illegal income

according to MQM it has already submitted every thing the police wanted, if MQM hadn't submitted the proofs then it had made this case against MQM

1) why is SUN charity the money laundering machine not under investigation

My goodness, when did I say that SUN is the money laundering machine? quote me? I said it is difficult to track down the transactions.

2) AH is not a CA and he doesn't run the firms, MQM workers do

I was just confirming about AH. MQM workers hmm. Please specify those audit firms? I have asked you four times already.

3) you said MQM launders billions of rupees, AH has no business, where does the money go then? if MQM earns millions through laundering why it needs not to establish big businesses like real estate etc?

Ya thats quite questionable. That needs to be investigated, because I dont go in assumptions and all, but why he needs to invest? Why not buy shares or make a business on some trustworthy friend (non-official MQM supporter). Why it should be on his name? Just a thought.

4) billions of rupees get laundered, then MQM must be building palaces in karachi, MQM MNA would be the richest people in pakistan, MQM workers would be big time businessmen right?

If it happens like that thn how you going to prove that MQM is a "party of middle class people". Sorry to say our politicians will never keep money in Pakistan because they never trust political situation in Pakistan. (Obviously, because of thr doings, Allah Almigthy ki lathi me awaz hoti hai, evil will always lose today or tomorrow.) They will transfer it to some foreign bank, Swiss bank accounts. Its not that difficult is it?

Before you argue on the basis that the other parties already have big palace, business and property in n out of Pakistan. I already want to clarify that whatever you guys claim to be, your party has not much of a presence outside karachi and hyderabad and also few other cities. The other parties have much bigger presence overall to give the backing needed for everything.

Another thing, they also need to buy the weapens, karachiits know that they have large number of weapons. Specially apartment buildings, whenever something goes against thr will, they bring it all out. They need cash for it as well.

I accept, MQM leaders are really sharp at what they do and they create the perfect alliance. AH knows when to change side, change the statements, manipulate the media and so on.

5) if MQM has millions of funds, i wonder why MQM would keep 400,000 in the houses only, it much be trillions of pounds lying there? no?

Why need to keep cash? thats why I am even surprised that why would a politician like AH can keep that amount at home. I dont understand, please explain if u can?

Dua karen k bhai bahar ajaya warna hum andar hi rah jayengay :D

hmmm I see you are not familiar with how the system works in UK, that is why you are not moving beyond the basics.

1) Somebody commits a crime
  • The Police will investigate the matter (speak to suspects, witnesses etc)
  • The Police will gather all the evidences and complete investigation
  • If they feel the evidence is not sufficient they will usually investigate further or drop the case in order to save millions of pounds that are likely to be wasted in the courts
  • If they think they have gathered enough evidences only then they will start proceedings against the suspect
2) The police will usually detain the suspect
  • The police will transfer him to the police station and question all the evidences they have gathered
  • They will see if the suspect can give satisfactory answers to their questions
  • If the police is satisfied they will release the suspect conditionally and investigate further
  • If the police is not satisfied they will formally arrest and charge the suspect
  • The police will exchange all the evidences they have gathered against the suspect to the suspect's solicitor
  • The police will present the suspect before crown court where the suspect's defence will answer the charges before the jury
  • The police can only detain the suspect for 24-36 hours and then they have to either release the suspect or charge him
2) The alternative method: The police will usually detain and arrest the suspect on spot
  • They will transfer him to the police station
  • Question about the evidences they have gathered
  • If satisfied they police can offer to release him on bail
  • If not satisfied the police will charge him and exchange all the evidences with the suspect's solicitory
  • The police will present him before the crown court
In either case he is under police custody

If it was Pakistan, everything is other way around, in Pakistan they arrest you, start investigation and sometimes you are under arrest for ages or else released on bail. In UK, they only question you usually at your residence and only arrest you when they have already gathered all the evidences.

Why need to keep cash? thats why I am even surprised that why would a politician like AH can keep that amount at home. I dont understand, please explain if u can?

people keep cash in their homes, its normal, thats why they have safe built in their homes, for emergency and other use

about my other questions, im not satisfied with your answer

please answer me again AH has no business, no shares, nothing where is the money going, those trillions of pounds, MQM must have been a property deal in the posh London areas no?

so sun charity is off the hook right? so you accept sun charity is clean, it makes clean money, it means MQM is also making clean money and the money which was found inside the house maybe clean as well

hmmm I see you are not familiar with how the system works in UK, that is why you are not moving beyond the basics.

2) The police will usually detain the suspect
  • The police will transfer him to the police station and question all the evidences they have gathered
  • They will see if the suspect can give satisfactory answers to their questions
  • If the police is satisfied they will release the suspect conditionally and investigate further
  • If the police is not satisfied they will formally arrest and charge the suspect
and that is why i said that it is not a very simple case, it is not like a murder case where the suspect is asked question and if he fails to answer, he is taken into custody

this is money laundering case and this case involves MQM and its workers and the whole bunch of people who are working for it, altaf is not an accountant who is told to justify where the money came from, altaf will be interviewed, from his statement further progress will be made and evidences collected, his statement will be used in the court, altaf will be released after his interview

Last edited:
how can you charge a suspect when he is to be interviewed? this is not a murder case, this is a money laundering case, how can you charge a sunject within 24 hours and esp with his interview?

the point his altaf will give his interview, his statements will then be used by prosecutors in the courts, but you guys since yesterday made out to be as if altaf is charged for money laundering and will see the prison cell shortly after

I have answered this question in my last post. Please read my last post in this thread. This case is about 2 years old now it's not 24 hours only
nothing is gonna happen, as i told you MQM has a very solid case, only doubting the source of income is not enough prosecution needs to prove that the money came from illegal source, for you it is bhatta right?
I never said it's from bhatta or anything. It is a matter of UK only, people keep bringing Pakistan in it. It has technically nothing to do with Pakistan. The MQM brought Pakistan in to prove the cash, assets of Altaf Hussain (and not MQM) under his name and the Police asked him to prove it. They investigated the matter for 2 years and concluded that it was time to formally "held" him.
the only turning point which can charge MQM is findin some crown witness within MQM folds or someone who can come from pakistan and testify MQM's illegal income
Well it is not a Imran Farooq case. It is just a money laundering case for which such evidences may not be needed. If somebody from MQM folds comes from Pakistan to give a statement against Altaf Hussain that is likely to open another case on him.
according to MQM it has already submitted every thing the police wanted, if MQM hadn't submitted the proofs then it had made this case against MQM
Yes and the police investigated the matter for 2 years. They didn't seem convinced so they proceeded the case to formally detain/arrest him and the only next step by law is to either charge or release the suspect within the next 2 days

BpSYT-mCMAAa6NF.jpg
Imran Khan advice for MQM workers/supporters/leadership !

I never said it's from bhatta or anything. It is a matter of UK only, people keep bringing Pakistan in it. It has technically nothing to do with Pakistan. The MQM brought Pakistan in to prove the cash, assets of Altaf Hussain (and not MQM) under his name and the Police asked him to prove it. They investigated the matter for 2 years and concluded that it was time to formally "held" him.

if it was UK only believe me it would have not taken that long, and since some money may have been originated from pakistan they are taking a lot of time to be sure it not laundered, otherwise it would be very easy to determine in UK whether it was laundered or not

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom