What's new

All the king’s horses and all the king’s men…

There is not one good reason why Pakistan would or should participate in military action in Yemen. Already there is a Shia genocide going on in Pakistan and we'll just make things worse if our actions in Yemen piss off Iran. Like it or not, this is an Arab problem and this is what happens with Arab leaders don't know what the f*** democracy means.

Killing people using foreign soldiers like Bahrain did during its pro-democracy protests during the Arab Spring; like Egypt's terrorist leader Sisi did to anyone even remotely saying a word of support for the democratically elected Muslim Brotherhood, now Yemen will only perpetuate the wide gulf that is the Shia-Sunni divide and not solve anything.

Arab leaders need to grow up, learn to take some criticism on their inflated egos and stop squabbling like petty children.

ISLAMABAD: Federal Defence Minister Khawaja Asif in the National Assembly elucidated Pakistan's role in the Yemen conflict, saying that no decision to participate has been taken and that Pakistan has only pledged to safeguard the territorial integrity of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).

He stressed on Pakistan's role as 'facilitator' to end the conflicts in the Muslim world.

"Instead of aggravating the situation by participating in it, Pakistan should do what it can to prevent it ─ for the alliance and unity of the Muslim world," the defence minister said. "Pakistan is ready to adopt whatever role is needed in order to facilitate the termination of conflicts in the Islamic world."

Overview of Khawaja Asif's address in the National Assembly

• Pakistan ready to facilitate end termination of conflicts in Islamic world

• Involvement in conflict could aggravate fault-lines in Pakistan

• Pakistan refers resolution of issue in a forum where the Muslim world or Arab League are involved

• Pakistan has pledged to protect sovereignty and territorial integrity of KSA

• No decision to take part in the Yemeni conflict has been made by the government

• Pakistani leaders may visit KSA in order to assess the situation
"We will not take part in any conflict that could result in differences in the Muslim world, causing fault-lines present in Pakistan to be disturbed, the aggravation of which will have to be borne by Pakistan," he asserted.

The request from Riyadh comes at a time when the Pakistan military is engaged in an operation against terrorists in North Waziristan. Asif's reference to 'fault-lines' hints at Pakistan's widespread sectarian conflict, as a result of which Shia and other religious minorities are targeted in tit for tat killings by extremist groups.

The defence minister's statement comes a day after Saudi Arabia said that Pakistan will join its operation against Iran-backed Shia Houthi rebels in Yemen, for a conflict that is rapidly escalating into a murky civil war. The minister's announcement today apparently rules out Pakistan's immediate participation in the Yemen conflict.

"We want this issue to be resolved in a common forum where the Muslim world or Arab League is involved," said the defence minister. "The need of the hour is alliance and solidarity, not division."

"Division on the basis of religion or sect is rising in Syria, Iraq and Yemen. Instead of conflagration or proliferation ... It should be contained," he added.

"I reiterate, this pledge is for the protection of KSA ... if the sovereignty or territorial integrity of Saudi Arabia is threatened then Pakistan will defend it."

He went on to say that no decision to take part in the Yemeni conflict has been made by the government.

"We offered to visit [KSA] so we can assess the situation. The Arab League took up this matter, hopefully they will be able to resolve the matter in a forum. They can also take it to the OIC. We will see what happens in a couple of days. if we have to visit, we will definitely go there."

Classic example of 4-5 GW..... A 3rd and 4th state/s inciting and instigating insurgencies and fighting proxy wars based on ethnicity, secterianism what have you....

Both Iran and Saudi Arabia are major culprits. and both should be ashamed because of their culpabilty to divide the muslim world. The MOST important thing that needs to be done to rid the Muslim world from these 'new/-small-wars' is to sit down Iranis and Saudis and and have their differences sorted it. It has been done before in history very suceessfully when a Shia and Sunni kings have called it a day stopped this blood bath... and with good results. Mayba that why Pakistan is going, to play class monitor. Pakistan will not take any sides, rather try to end conflict ASAP and apease the bellicose. This could also possibly expand to bringing peace to the Syrian conflict as well.

If Pakistan DOES NOT INTERVENE... then we can expect to see US and the NATO boys entering to 'safe-gaurd' humanity from the Houti boogie-man. Would u rather have it that way? and we all know how thats gonna end.

And besides, all this is giving Pakistan a chance to become a pan-regional player, and a mature elder brother ;) which will indeed help Pakistan's intrest in the long run.... ( James Rosenau comes to mind)

* Pakistan is not joining the military offensive
* Our support will be limited to diplomacy & planning and logistics.

* Pakistan will make sure no direct war between GCC and Iran takes place

* We want to help Saudi reclaim its backyard from Huthis, AQIAP and ISIS before it further destabilises the region.

* Iran has no beef with Pakistan, it knows that it has never supported Pakistan over India, therefore Pakistan is not duty bound to remain neutral in Yemen,
in 1965 and 71 wars (pre -revolution era) Iran did help Pakistan on instructions from USA.

We would commit them mate I think we are already preparing to send fighter jets and may be Navy may also be used
Gifts from Afg Adventure over?

Read again what I have wrote. I have speculated the effect that uncooperative Iran would have on Pakistan's security in case of India-Pakistan war, not that India is going to join this Shia-Sunni catfight.

regarding your points

1. It is not uncommon. Working in Middle east is golden parachute of Pakistani military personal, whether general or a lowly grunt.

2. Pakistan has zero F-16 BLK 60. It has only 6 F-16D BLK 50/52+ and 12 F-16C. Rest of F-16's are ancient and are inferior to Mig-29K's. Even F-16D BLK 50/52+ could not boast superiority over Mig-29K's because of latter having AESA radar.

3&4. Pakistan has none and in Indo-Pak war, neither Mirage-2000 , nor Typhoons of GCC countries have capability or range to hit Indian Aircraft carrier in Arabian sea.

India would be inducting its second AC (homemade) in 2017 with a carrier wing of 30 Mig-29K/ N-LCA + 10 Kamov-31 AEW&C choppers.
I thought you are good at analytic and logical skills. Sorry i was wrong.
You make all the scenario based on theory that if Pakistan joins Saudi led coalition. Right?
Now, thats mean that Saudis and UAE will help there coalition partner in case of War with India. Right?
Do Saudis and UAE dont have Typhoons and Blk-60?

And lastly your Aircraft carrier? Yes, holy fucking shit, the master piece of Engineering is made on Mars by Vedic Scientist. It is indestructible. Good for you. keep dreaming..

I hope you will get the point which i was saying. Never in my post i said that PAF possesses BLK-60 & Typhoons.

I thought you are good at analytic and logical skills. Sorry i was wrong.
You make all the scenario based on theory that if Pakistan joins Saudi led coalition. Right?
Now, thats mean that Saudis and UAE will help there coalition partner in case of War with India. Right?

Do Saudis and UAE dont have Typhoons and Blk-60?

I hope you will get the point which i was saying. Never in my post i said that PAF possesses BLK-60 & Typhoons.

I think that you are unable to comprehend that point that Pakistan joining Anti-Shia coalition in Yemen does not mean that a NATO like Sunni organization has formed in which attack on one would be attack on all. Your services would be paid in hard cash, not military support in case of India-Pak war.

If India and Pakistan goes to war, no Arab country would dare send even a single soldier in support of Pakistan. India jaise country se ladne ke liye jigra chaiyee. India could bring 3 million soldiers to front in a month's time (Army+reserve+Paramilitary)

Even if Saudi and UAE enter war against India, their Typhoons and BLK-60 neither has range nor capability to either locate or intercept a mobile Indian CBG on high seas.

Last edited:
If India and Pakistan goes to war, no Arab country would dare send even a single soldier in support of Pakistan. India jaise country se ladne ke liye jigra chaiyee. India could bring 3 million soldiers to front in a month's time.

.[/QUOTE]

Jigra bhi bohot hey aur dil bhi bohot chah raha hey... le ao apni 3 million and find out the hard reality ;) internet commando

ISLAMABAD: Federal Defence Minister Khawaja Asif in the National Assembly elucidated Pakistan's role in the Yemen conflict, saying that no decision to participate has been taken and that Pakistan has only pledged to safeguard the territorial integrity of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).

He stressed on Pakistan's role as 'facilitator' to end the conflicts in the Muslim world.

"Instead of aggravating the situation by participating in it, Pakistan should do what it can to prevent it ─ for the alliance and unity of the Muslim world," the defence minister said. "Pakistan is ready to adopt whatever role is needed in order to facilitate the termination of conflicts in the Islamic world."

Overview of Khawaja Asif's address in the National Assembly

• Pakistan ready to facilitate end termination of conflicts in Islamic world

• Involvement in conflict could aggravate fault-lines in Pakistan

• Pakistan refers resolution of issue in a forum where the Muslim world or Arab League are involved

• Pakistan has pledged to protect sovereignty and territorial integrity of KSA

• No decision to take part in the Yemeni conflict has been made by the government

• Pakistani leaders may visit KSA in order to assess the situation
"We will not take part in any conflict that could result in differences in the Muslim world, causing fault-lines present in Pakistan to be disturbed, the aggravation of which will have to be borne by Pakistan," he asserted.

The request from Riyadh comes at a time when the Pakistan military is engaged in an operation against terrorists in North Waziristan. Asif's reference to 'fault-lines' hints at Pakistan's widespread sectarian conflict, as a result of which Shia and other religious minorities are targeted in tit for tat killings by extremist groups.

The defence minister's statement comes a day after Saudi Arabia said that Pakistan will join its operation against Iran-backed Shia Houthi rebels in Yemen, for a conflict that is rapidly escalating into a murky civil war. The minister's announcement today apparently rules out Pakistan's immediate participation in the Yemen conflict.

"We want this issue to be resolved in a common forum where the Muslim world or Arab League is involved," said the defence minister. "The need of the hour is alliance and solidarity, not division."

"Division on the basis of religion or sect is rising in Syria, Iraq and Yemen. Instead of conflagration or proliferation ... It should be contained," he added.

"I reiterate, this pledge is for the protection of KSA ... if the sovereignty or territorial integrity of Saudi Arabia is threatened then Pakistan will defend it."

He went on to say that no decision to take part in the Yemeni conflict has been made by the government.

"We offered to visit [KSA] so we can assess the situation. The Arab League took up this matter, hopefully they will be able to resolve the matter in a forum. They can also take it to the OIC. We will see what happens in a couple of days. if we have to visit, we will definitely go there."
Good to know some sense still prevail in the echelons of power in Pakistan.If we must then the most we should be willing to do is station our troops in KSA against any threat rather then actively participating in Yemen campaign.

Inshahllah Houthis will burn Jeddah to the ground. Mecca and Madinah should become a separate, neutral state, like the vatican city. The beduoin rulers over it came through bloodshed. They're not its legitimate owners. Saudis are also contemplating demolishing Prophet Muhammad's(SAW) tomb.

CBGESCQVIAAHnJX.jpg

CBGER5VUUAAv1Ol.jpg

CBGER3rUgAAN2zJ.jpg

F##k You. Now deal with cosequences for the next several decades.

* Pakistan is not joining the military offensive
* Our support will be limited to diplomacy & planning and logistics.

* Pakistan will make sure no direct war between GCC and Iran takes place

* We want to help Saudi reclaim its backyard from Huthis, AQIAP and ISIS before it further destabilises the region.

* Iran has no beef with Pakistan, it knows that it has never supported Pakistan over India, therefore Pakistan is not duty bound to remain neutral in Yemen,

For your information Iran and Turkey are the only two nations that have supported Pakistan against India. GCC nations on the other hand have never ever supported pakistan against India.

Back
Top Bottom