What's new

All About ICC Champions Trophy 2009

Who do you think will win the ICC Champion's Trophy 2009

• Total voters
Many youngsters are looking for such openings and to proof them self, so it could be good for the long run: coffee:

Yup, we did see some good cricket from pakistani young talent ... especially bowling and kamran akmals brother(forgot his name sorry) , They could give some tough challenge...

Next will be against India.
Pakistan vs India

Total Games :- 117
Pakistan Won :- 68
India Won : - 45
N/R : - 4

Last edited:
His ban was still there in Pak Vs WI match, now he will play all matches instead of that Rana :angry:

No, Rana should play...he has gotten a hair transplant now for gods sakes...:)

Seriously though, the world will not end if we let go of loose cannons like Muhammad Asif and Shoaib Akhtar...We will do better without them...

We have ample talent pool and depth, talented bowlers like Muhammad Aamir etc. are the key, we do not need to make the entire team suffer from the tremendous egos of superstars with extremely negative attitude and a lack of respect for their country...which is evident in their behavior on and off the field...

If Asif is to comeback, it has to be on two conditions...

1) Should only be at the cost of someone who is not performing, if no such thing happens then he should sit on the bench...its only his fault and he should pay the price for being banned...

2) Should be under strict monitoring and be given warning that not even a single nonsense will be tolerated from him, either keep your head down this time or lose it...

The antics of Shoaib Akhtar terribly marred the world cup performance of one of the strongest Pakistani line ups under Waqar Younis, i would not want Pakistan to repeat the mistake and let another Shoaib Akhtar into the midst of this young side...

Big blow for India, No Yuvi,No Sehwag,No Zaheer... :cry: .... Well, Tendulkar, Dravid and Gautam should give a good start.... Well Virat can come up with some great batting.... Bowling No Zaheer, We need praveen kumar as there is a chance of good swing ,

My line up would be

1.Sachin Tendulkar
2.Rahul Dravid
3.Gautam Gambhir
4.MS Dhoni
5.Yusuf Pathan
6.suresh raina
7.Praveen Kumar
8.Harbajan Singh
9.Ishant sharma
10.RP.Singh
11.Nehra

Well This could do the job very well.....

My line up would be

1.Sachin Tendulkar
2.Gautam Gambhir
3.Rahul Dravid
4.MS Dhoni
5.Yusuf Pathan
6.suresh raina
7.Virat kohli
8.Praveen Kumar
9.Harbajan Singh
10.Ishant sharma
11.Nehra or RP.Singh

4-7 should be adjust acc. to situation

and bhajji and praveen kumar at 8-9 also can slog if they get chance late in the inn.

5 bowler will be share btw raina,yousuf or sachin(1-2 over)

Lastly, yousuf have to play with full potential if he does then he can be a devastating player, as we all see in the IPL...

hoping for the best and waiting typical indo-pak thriller on saturday:pop:

My line up would be

1.Sachin Tendulkar
2.Gautam Gambhir
3.Rahul Dravid
4.MS Dhoni
5.Yusuf Pathan
6.suresh raina
7.Virat kohli
8.Praveen Kumar
9.Harbajan Singh
10.Ishant sharma
11.Nehra or RP.Singh

and bhajji and praveen kumar at 8-9 also can slog if they get chance late in the inn.

Lastly, yousuf have to play with full potential if he does then he can be a devastating player, as we all see in the IPL...

My 11 men for India.

Imran Nazir
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Malik
Mohammad Yousuf
Younis Khan ....Shld replace Misbah
Umar Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Rana Naveed
Mohammad Aamer
Umar Gul
Saeed Ajmal

No need to bring Asif , coz bolwers are doing f9.

Umer Akmal played great innings......So who will be replace for Younis Khan ??? i think Misbah Should be drop for next Match....

My Team would be for next match:

Imran Nazir.
Kamran Akmal.
Younis Khan.
Muhammad Yousuf.
Shoaib Malik.
Umer Akmal.
Shahid Afridi.
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan.
Umer Gul.
Muhammad Aamer.
Saeed Ajmal.

Goog Luck Pakistan for next Match. :tup:

:pakistan:

My line up would be

1.Sachin Tendulkar
2.Gautam Gambhir
3.Rahul Dravid
4.MS Dhoni
5.Yusuf Pathan
6.suresh raina
7.Virat kohli
8.Praveen Kumar
9.Harbajan Singh
10.Ishant sharma
11.Nehra or RP.Singh

Its not a good idea to swap nehra for raina buddy, nehra is senior and RP sing is realy dangerious if theres swing....

Umer Akmal played great innings......So who will be replace for Younis Khan ??? i think Misbah Should be drop for next Match....

My Team would be for next match:

Imran Nazir.
Kamran Akmal.
Younis Khan.
Muhammad Yousuf.
Shoaib Malik.
Umer Akmal.
Shahid Afridi.
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan.
Umer Gul.
Muhammad Aamer.
Saeed Ajmal.

Goog Luck Pakistan for next Match. :tup:

:pakistan:

No Rana, bring in Asif

Its not a good idea to swap nehra for raina buddy, nehra is senior and RP sing is realy dangerious if theres swing....

dude i am not swapping nehra for raina,its for kohli to give some depth in batting.....

and it has been said that pitches in SA will favour spin...

It also favour swing with the new ball, if they are using Duke ball, there is no doubt RP is dangerous with the swing but its recent from in srilanka and warm match, i have doubt....

that's why i put "Nehra or RP.Singh",because we already have praveen, who is basically a swing bowler and can be handy with bat,sometime,.....

also Ishant is there with line and length(also some late revers swing kabhi-kabhi:))...

so in that way india will have variety in pace attack.....

Hi friends a team's winning potential can be justified only through recent forms and winning rate...not with better line ups or build up's.... India is able to reach the no.1 spot, bcoz of consistent winning rate in last 2-3 years. I don't say India will win the trophy, but it has the potential and could be one of the strongest contender.... Even in absence of key players, i believe India will do better.... :flame:

No Rana, bring in Asif

No Emo In last game Rana bowled well.....He is more experienced them Aamer.....sudden changes is not good......I feel Asif will still rest and thats would be the best decision at the moment.

Dont forget Rana replaced Razzaq......

ICC Champions Trophy 2009

Younis fit for India game
Cricinfo staff

September 24, 2009

Younis Khan will be available for the Champions Trophy fixture against India on September 26, the PCB's media office said. Younis suffered a minor hairline fracture on the little finger of his right hand during the warm-up game against the Warriors in Benoni on September 20 and had been advised rest by doctors.

Younis could have been available for Pakistan's opening Champions Trophy game against West Indies in Johannesburg but the team management decided against taking a risk so that he could be fully fit to play India in Centurion.

India have suffered a setback even before their Champions Trophy campaign gets underway. Yuvraj Singh fractured his finger during a practice session in Johannesburg, and has been ruled out for six weeks. Virat Kohli has been named his replacement, but the roles of some of the main members of the batting line-up are set to alter in the wake of Yuvraj absence.

The last time the teams met in Centurion was in the 2003 World Cup, where India won by six wickets.

Back
Top Bottom