What's new

Al-Faisal to the US : Veto a State, Lose an Ally.

There are endless ways to put these together - anyway, do you get fiber in your diet? You made the comment that YOU see events coming together in a particular way and now ask your readers to put things together - And you have actually been accepted in college?

There is actually one way to put this all together if you have been following the current events. And sure go ahead do your personnel attacks against me which comes from your deep seated hatred of Arabs or "Arabies" in your tongue. You claim that "Arabies" are racist when you forget that by doing so you have painted yourself with that accusation.

People like @Muse get carried away and blame 300 MILLION people for the actions of a few hundred leaders; not fair at all. There is a lot of vibrancy in Arab culture. Indeed, cities like Beirut, Cairo, Damascus, and Casablanca are really worth paying attention to.

I have no problem with 'Arabs'. I do have concerns about the rulers of a few Arab countries. I think they do what they do just to stay in power and if that means becoming Washington's 'Moderate Arab Countries' then so be it.

Back to the topic. In this case, I think, KSA cannot and will not sit idle NOW that the vote for the Pal statehood is going to be inside the UNSC. Before that, the UNGA vote was significant but UNSC votes either gives an outright, legal statehood or pits the world in conflicts for a long time. And looking at the reactions in the 'liberal' American blog space like the NY Times, Americans are ready to support a Palestine. Too bad, a few hundred Congressmen/Senators are too insecure and/or beholden to a certain 'Lobby' to show the moral courage.

I still think--and hope--that America may just 'abstain' in the UNSC. It is not impossible. Ultimately, if Obama says to the US envoy in the UNSC to 'abstain' then it will be so. Mr. Obama: Do the right thing!

There is actually one way to put this all together if you have been following the current events

Enoug obfuscation junior, just tell us what you mean

Enoug obfuscation junior, just tell us what you mean

The status of the world is changing and that is what I mean. Nothing will stay the same that is a worldly law and these days and the year 2011 in particular is the Prelude of a new era. We have been living in the post-cold war era but now we are witnessing a new Era. That is what I mean. It will still take some time for it to come into full effect but it is inevitable as of now.

There is actually one way to put this all together if you have been following the current events. And sure go ahead do your personnel attacks against me which comes from your deep seated hatred of Arabs or "Arabies" in your tongue. You claim that "Arabies" are racist when you forget that by doing so you have painted yourself with that accusation.

How many times you want us to tell you w-e d-o n-o-t h-a-t-e a-r-a-b-s far from it. However the Saudie Royal Family has proved by its actions in the past that it is an ally of israel and america. Does not matter how you look at it. Even you are saying that this times its different. We pray and hope you are right. But there is no point in holding our breath. Maybe you are young and naive which is not a sin.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

People like @Muse get carried away and blame 300 MILLION people for the actions of a few hundred leaders; not fair at all. There is a lot of vibrancy in Arab culture. Indeed, cities like Beirut, Cairo, Damascus, and Casablanca are really worth paying attention to.

I have no problem with 'Arabs'. I do have concerns about the rulers of a few Arab countries. I think they do what they do just to stay in power and if that means becoming Washington's 'Moderate Arab Countries' then so be it.

Back to the topic. In this case, I think, KSA cannot and will not sit idle NOW that the vote for the Pal statehood is going to be inside the UNSC. Before that, the UNGA vote was significant but UNSC votes either gives an outright, legal statehood or pits the world in conflicts for a long time. And looking at the reactions in the 'liberal' American blog space like the NY Times, Americans are ready to support a Palestine. Too bad, a few hundred Congressmen/Senators are too insecure and/or beholden to a certain 'Lobby' to show the moral courage.

I still think--and hope--that America may just 'abstain' in the UNSC. It is not impossible. Ultimately, if Obama says to the US envoy in the UNSC to 'abstain' then it will be so. Mr. Obama: Do the right thing!

I dont know how you can say that. in fact your position seems to be the same as muse or people like me. It is arab leaders that we have our beef with.

I dont know how you can say that. in fact your position seems to be the same as muse or people like me. It is arab leaders that we have our beef with.

I don't know about you but when someone repeatedly use 'Arabie' etc then it becomes outright racist and insulting. Attack the leaders of some countries--and they deserved to be. But the Arab world is composed of 22 countries with 300+ million people. And MOST of them don't have 'oil' wealth as we keep repeating here.

Chill out meegla - It's not just arab leaders but funds are collected in masajid and freely offered for TTP in arabia - so arbis by and large support terrorists in pakistan -- and like I said to you before, just because you and I speak and converse here in English does not make us Englishmen -the only arbis are the peninsula and gulf arbis -- and arbis is the correct way to identify them - whether you like it or not, does not change facts

Chill out meegla - It's not just arab leaders but funds are collected in masajid and freely offered for TTP in arabia - so arbis by and large support terrorists in pakistan -- and like I said to you before, just because you and I speak and converse here in English does not make us Englishmen -the only arbis are the peninsula and gulf arbis -- and arbis is the correct way to identify them - whether you like it or not, does not change facts

Which arabs do that muse, please do tell us!!

I have never seen that in any mosque. Some examples might be good .

You obviously don't know get your facts straight.

The terrorist support is not given by people knowing it is going for terrorists they make front like orphan donations, prisoner families support, mosque building, clothes projects, Quran memorization schools. People don't know they are going to TTP etc. They think they are giving sadaqah and the government did not bother to give an eye out on these people because we had the idea that a religious man is to be trusted but situations changed muse.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Which arabs do that muse, please do tell us!!

I have never seen that in any mosque. Some examples might be good .

He is drowning in anti-arab propaganda.

No, Muse. I don't agree with you at all and I still think you are painting hundreds of millions of people with the same, one brush, one stroke. I think people in Tunisia are just as 'Arabic' as they are in Dubai or Damascus.
About this collecting funds for TTP, there may be some who are carried away by the Jihadi zeal but ultimately it is the Pakistani and Afghani willing foot-soldiers (and their rampant backers inside Pakistan and Afghanistan) who are damaging Pakistan. I have no doubt that KSA and some other countries supported Jihadis during the 80's--but then so did dozens of other countries, including the West--all of course encouraged by our own mullah general Zia ul Haq.

We are getting off-topic here but I think you need to revisit you generalized/stereotyped outlook.

Meengla - What you may agree or disagree with does not change facts - I think you need to consider this reality - a urbane Lebanese is a as much an arbi as you are and whether you are a Egyptians or a Syrian, you are that before a person who speaks arabic - just facts.

About Pakistani and Afghan foot soldiers, they are a cog in a wheel that begins with FUNDING - again, sorry, but facts.

Meengla - What you may agree or disagree with does not change facts - I think you need to consider this reality - a urbane Lebanese is a as much an arbi as you are and whether you are a Egyptians or a Syrian, you are that before a person who speaks arabic - just facts.

About Pakistani and Afghan foot soldiers, they are a cog in a wheel that begins with FUNDING - again, sorry, but facts.

What you see as facts muse could not be further from the truth.

Alright Muse. I guess we will just have to 'agree to disagree' here. I still think you are over-generalizin and insulting by using terms like 'Arbi'. And I am simply not buying that the TTP is attacking Pakistan because of some 'Arbi' funding them; least of all that a large part of the 'Arbi' population is collecting funds for them in mosques. There are many factors in the TTP violence and I don't rule out at least some foreign countries who benefit from it. But I don't think Arabs benefit or as a policy support TTP. This kind of twisted logic belongs in the topic like 'Pakistan was sheltering Bin Laden' thread.

Alright Muse. I guess we will just have to 'agree to disagree' here. I still think you are over-generalizin and insulting by using terms like 'Arbi'. And I am simply not buying that the TTP is attacking Pakistan because of some 'Arbi' funding them; least of all that a large part of the 'Arbi' population is collecting funds for them in mosques. There are many factors in the TTP violence and I don't rule out at least some foreign countries who benefit from it. But I don't think Arabs benefit or as a policy support TTP. This kind of twisted logic belongs in the topic like 'Pakistan was sheltering Bin Laden' thread.

Muse has proven time and again that his haters towards "Arabis" runs deep. He has gone as far as in a topic as saying " the arabi has shown his vile face".

Back
Top Bottom