What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Cut around 200 kg for Aselflir300T, SAR/GMTI, ISAR payload that leaves 800 Kg, depending on how they place the hardpoints it should be enough for 16 ATGMs probably all UMTAS and there will still be 200Kg left for additional equipment

That could be used for EW which is unlikely or could be used for some cirits which would require more hardpoints

Or fuel...

Cut around 200 kg for Aselflir300T, SAR/GMTI, ISAR payload that leaves 800 Kg, depending on how they place the hardpoints it should be enough for 16 ATGMs probably all UMTAS and there will still be 200Kg left for additional equipment

That could be used for EW which is unlikely or could be used for some cirits which would require more hardpoints

Yes, that payload also includes fuel capacity. The more fuel the more endurance but less payload for armament. So I think it will have the capacity to carry eighy or little bit less Umtas.

Umtas weights 37kg according to Roketsan's offical website and 217 kg as 4 missiles and launcher.

Source: http://www.roketsan.com.tr/programs_eng.php?id=6

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Seriously?!! I am only gone for a week and DENO became a godamn Moderator?

angry-desk-flip-png.23602

I Wanted to be one... :cry:

So can you explain me how come ANKA A with 200Kg payload capacity could carry the Aselflir300T which is 150Kg? and whole plane is practically built around the flir to carry and balance it :)

No, according to this information ANKA B will be much bigger, something close to global hawk. I expect about 30meters wingspan.

So can you explain me how come ANKA A with 200Kg payload capacity could carry the Aselflir300T which is 150Kg? and whole plane is practically built around the flir to carry and balance it :)

No, according to this information ANKA B will be much bigger, something close to global hawk. I expect about 30meters wingspan.

I said payload includes fuel capacity because I always thought armament capacity classifed as ''usefull payload'' Was I wrong?

I said payload includes fuel capacity because I always thought armament capacity classifed as ''usefull payload'' Was I wrong?
In Turkish terminology you weren't in english yes you were :)

You can mount external fuel tanks to hardpoints this is the only way fuel becomes payload.

Any news regarding the ANKA?

A Summarize for ANKA MALE UAV program.

When project signed in 2004, it contains 3 ANKA UAV to be developed and delivered until 2011. There is 2 different UAV planned. One of them ANKA-A with ASELFLIR-300 only and ANKA-B ASELFLIR-300+SAR Radar.*

Now there exist 5 ANKA; first 3 and last 2 quite different. When project started ANKA-A supposed to fly in 27.000 feet and ANKA-B to be fly in 30.000 feet (to maximize performance of SAR Radar).

ANKA-A (Containing Prototype No:1,2,3) uses Theielert engine, which has a take-off weight of 1500kg, climbed an altitude around 25000ft and 20 hours in trials. The ANkA-A (with only AselFlir-300T payload) is supposed to climb an altitude around 27000ft at the beggining of trials a stated above.

ANkA-A (Containing Prototype No: 4,5) uses most probably more powerfull TEI engine, is the structurally modified version of first 3 prototypes. It has a lower weight than first 3 prototypes thanks to new composite materials which provide lighter weight at fuselage and new domestic/individuated electronics/materials. At present, Prototype No: 4-5 has aprox. 70kg (Aprox. 100kg is planned) lighter than Prototype No:1,2,3. Additions to that, Last 2 prototype has a modified wing which provides better endurance performance at planned altitude.

While TAI is working hard to ease the take-off weight, TEI almost completed/already completed(?) development of new engine which will provide satisfactory increased hoursepower than original Theielert engines (155hp).

Thanks to all those efforts, ANKA-A will climb to an altitude around 27000ft and ANKA-B which prototype will fly in 2013, will climb 30000ft altitude with Aselsan SAR and 300T payloads...

Soon first 3 ANKA prototype (1 of them crushed) under acceptence tests in TurAF; will perform in "downgraded" mission performance.

251111_Turkish_TAI_ANKA-240.jpg

Last 2 prototype (No:4 and No:5) will be base of ANKA-A serial production (10 + 10 UAV contract due to signed).

anka.jpg

ANKA-TP is a different story which will be almost 2x bigger than original ANKA's. ANKA-TP has a take off weight around 5 tonnes (Anka 1,5 tonnes) and 1 tonnes payload (ANKA 250 kg) capacity. It is planned to climb an altitude around 45000ft(ANKA-A 27000ft, Anka-B 30000ft). It is planned first flight as early as 2016.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom