What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Don't get me wrong. Those sentences I have typed above, are taken from some members who claims to get those informations from TAI officials. There isn't any official TAI statements revealed to public yet...

^^so that's why ANKA was crashed? malfunctioning self-destruct system?

Well that's a relief :) our UAV is mechanically okay. They'll fix the software and start production.

I have a question, how does this self-destruct sequence progress? I assume we aren't practically flying with C4s trapped in the fuslelage :)

Most probably, When Mission computer gave a command of self-destruction, The auto-controller suddenly drive the fuselage over ground with a vertical angel and higher speed as kamikaze.

I see.

Then this BS is probably coming from the people who consider the crash as if it is something to be ashamed of.

I don't know how this self-destruction mode is working or even if it is exist or not, but i tend to think that like an explosion that destroys the critical parts of the uav, hence makes it impossible to work on the wreckage which is very critical for the safety of further flights.

Really, this doesn't make any sense, especially on a prototype...

Most probably, When Mission computer gave a command of self-destruction, The auto-controller suddenly drive the fuselage over ground with a vertical angel and higher speed as kamikaze.
But cabatli, a crash may leave most of the hi-tech equipment intact :undecided: the enemy can salvage them.

it should at least ignite remaining fuel. And it must only initiate auto-destruct if it can't return from enemy territory. Our bird has navigation systems right? :D

Related Ground Data Terminal system of ANKA.

anka-tai-cmd_4822.jpg

But cabatli, a crash may leave most of the hi-tech equipment intact :undecided: the enemy can salvage them.

As far as I know This is What USA predators are doing at self destruction mode. I don't know If they apply some explosion methods to destroy their electronic devices..

About the same as a Predators drone, So about 5 Million USD.
May be even cheaper, plane itself is very simple, just a diesel engine and the airframe

What makes a MALE UAV expensive is the sophisticated equipment you mount on it so the price will vary between versions.

tei-to-produce-airplane-motors.jpg

TEI (Tusas Engine Industries) President, Akin Duman announced that they initiated a new turbo jet engine development project within the scope of engines that support Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV). TEI President, Akin Duman stated that they give service in countries in the region in fittings, tests, and maintenance of aero plane engines.

Duman also stated that they also carry out projects about engine design and gas turbine besides UAV's for Turkey to reach 2023 vision, and he added that the new turbo jet engine project was initiated 4 months ago.

Duman stated that the design of a new engine that could generate power between 1200 and 1500 horse power as in the base of turboprop engines is in question in the next 3 years. In this sense, the design of the engine that will generate power for both training planes and helicopters has been initiated, he stated.

source: portturkey

Either there's a secret project going on like BAE's Taranis, or i don't know jack sh1t about UAVs... that "new turbojet engine" can't be for Anka

Either there's a secret project going on like BAE's Taranis, or i don't know jack sh1t about UAVs... that "new turbojet engine" can't be for Anka

Perhaps its could be for the ANKA-TP HALE UAV...

As far I know a Stealth SEAD UCAV is planned, probably the Engine is designed to Power this UCAV.

Perhaps its could be for the ANKA-TP HALE UAV...
Impossible, we didn't even produce a UAV with Turboprop engine (ANKA is piston-engine/diesel) ANKA-B will be powered by a Turboprop engine. It could go as far as Global Hawk's turbofan design but even that is extremely unlikely.
As far I know a Stealth SEAD UCAV is planned, probably the Engine is designed to Power this UCAV.
From where exactly, do you have this information?

Impossible, we didn't even produce a UAV with Turboprop engine (ANKA is piston-engine/diesel) ANKA-B will be powered by a Turboprop engine. It could go as far as Global Hawk's turbofan design but even that is extremely unlikely.
From where exactly, do you have this information?

I posted a Turkish magazine page somewhere in the forum where its states that the research for a Stealth UCAV is started and there will be a flying prototype by either 2020 or 2025 (Cant remember the exact year) Ill try to find it...

I posted a Turkish magazine page somewhere in the forum where its states that the research for a Stealth UCAV is started and there will be a flying prototype by either 2020 or 2025 (Cant remember the exact year) Ill try to find it...
Damn, my knowledge is getting outdated :/

Anyway, my point was: simply turbojet engines always reduce endurance of the aircraft, they are heavy fuel consumers even without afterburner. So for an UAV that is expected to fly over 24+ hours a turbojet is a no-go

gosh, TURAF will be a dreadful force in 2020 ies

Back
Top Bottom