What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Aselsan made CATS were already integrated to some Anka units as an experiment which happened one year ago
Before peace spring operation in the summer 2019 there were western articles how Turkey is buying a lot of equipment parts for various platforms as possible measure to stockpile huge number of necessary parts against catsa sanctions eventually we all saw nothing happened thanks to trump&erdogan “diplomacy”
If you see the tempo of drone usage in idlib and Libya then we can conclude that Turkey doesn’t give a shit about optics from Canada
issue can only be with engines but I don’t think they would go that far as it will trigger strong turkish response which is unnecessary now in a pandemic nobody wants to fight

Aselsan made CATS were already integrated to some Anka units as an experiment which happened one year ago
Before peace spring operation in the summer 2019 there were western articles how Turkey is buying a lot of equipment parts for various platforms as possible measure to stockpile huge number of necessary parts against catsa sanctions eventually we all saw nothing happened thanks to trump&erdogan “diplomacy”
If you see the tempo of drone usage in idlib and Libya then we can conclude that Turkey doesn’t give a shit about optics from Canada
issue can only be with engines but I don’t think they would go that far as it will trigger strong turkish response which is unnecessary now in a pandemic nobody wants to fight
ANKA's engines are Turkish made. Bayraktar uses a civilian engine, therefore they can't embargo it.

ANKA's engines are Turkish made. Bayraktar uses a civilian engine, therefore they can't embargo it.
Thanks for the info but I am talking about older Anka unless they have replaced the engines with indigenous ones after all more than 13 were delivered we will never know the real version guess this is classified info ;)

Thanks for the info but I am talking about older Anka unless they have replaced the engines with indigenous ones after all more than 13 were delivered we will never know the real version guess this is classified info ;)
ANKA's original engine is a civilian diesel engine too... no restrictions.
(Even iran uses it... ''Rotax'')

ANKA's original engine is a civilian diesel engine too... no restrictions.
(Even iran uses it... ''Rotax'')

ANKA's previous engine wasn't Rotax. Bayraktar TB2 uses Rotax engine which is basically civil general aviation engine. ANKA used Thielert Centurion 2.0S, but now PD170 is the main engine source for ANKA.

Last edited:
I think this has something to do with the un resolution arms embargo. Unfortunately it seems western countries are ignoring arms by air and just focus on sea.

I think this has something to do with the un resolution arms embargo. Unfortunately it seems western countries are ignoring arms by air and just focus on sea.

Actually they do some embargo in the aerospace sector as well, but some materials ordered before this embargo process so they continuing to the deliver an existing agreement.

I dont believe I gonna say this, But Maybe It is time We stop delivering medical aid to Canada, alongside their medical eqıipment orders. And Stop Using their electro optics for good. Cats has a replacement We should accept the quality penalty and Start using Cats/Dass flirs in our UAVs.

Well, only by investing in our own domestic products can we support their continuous development. We should still buy if we need better quality until our own products catch up.

Sleeping beauty.
Untitled-1.jpg

AKSUNGUR.jpg

If you closely followed the extensive Swarm Ops in Syria and point attacks in Libya, if you interested in the new air attack concepts that TuAF is working on, and finally if you know the weapons and sensors shown in this illustration; you will be more easily understood what effect Aksungur can have in the MENA region.

Back
Top Bottom