What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Any model or design of armed version ANKA unveiled q IDEF'13 ???...

TAI has decided that it will not produce the current ANKA (Anka-A), instead it will merge elements of the Anka-A with those of the next variant (Anka-B) into a new version which will be called Anka S (Serial) and produce that one..

IDEF 2013: TAI pursues Anka production contract - News - Shephard

wat.jpg

@BordoEnes @FireFistAce

Guys, i am not knowledgeable as you. Can you explain why this is bad news ?

The project was already dragging back.
Anka was originally planned to start production in 2012.
This news means two things:
1-The first variant was not successful enough.
2-Anka's production will be delayed for maybe another year.

3- (A very rough guess): The peace process is affecting our defense industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
The project was already dragging back.
Anka was originally planned to start production in 2012.
This news means two things:
1-The first variant was not successful enough.
2-Anka's production will be delayed for maybe another year.

3- (A very rough guess): The peace process is affecting our defense industry.

They could still produce some (maybe 10) as a short-term solution, also I wonder how this will affect the planned sale to Egypt and the trust of potential customers into TAI.

They could still produce some (maybe 10) as a short-term solution, also I wonder how this will affect the planned sale to Egypt and the trust of potential customers into TAI.

I'm totally confused too, dude.
Things got upside down all of a sudden.
This is totally opposite of the scenario all of us expected.

I'm totally confused too, dude.
Things got upside down all of a sudden.
This is totally opposite of the scenario all of us expected.

The only answer is the product was sh.itty. But who cares, if we get the armed one and the Anka S in 2014, I'm still glad.

I meanwhile they could use Vestels UAVs and the Herons are still there too.

Guys, i am not knowledgeable as you. Can you explain why this is bad news ?
Depends on which Anka-B elements are they talking about here. Does this simply mean a change of payload or is this about the plane itself?

If it's the first case; I've never supported the idea of switching to AF-235 for example. Will they implement Cirit? no-clue. Will they implement SAR? most probably. But neither of those changes require additional testing.

If you're a religious man, pray that they stick with Centurion 2.0 Diesel engine and do not attempt to make any structural changes. In that case it'll take time.

My guess is; they will just switch to AF235 in order to lose some weight and reach the altitude demanded byTurkish Air Force in the contract. Some other cosmetic changes might be in order but I don't believe the project will delay for a fvckin year.

Depends on which Anka-B elements are they talking about here. Does this simply mean a change of payload or is this about the plane itself?

If it's the first case; I've never supported the idea of switching to AF-235 for example. Will they implement Cirit? no-clue. Will they implement SAR? most probably. But neither of those changes require additional testing.

If you're a religious man, pray that they stick with Centurion 2.0 Diesel engine and do not attempt to make any structural changes. In that case it'll take time.

My guess is; they will just switch to AF235 in order to lose some weight and reach the altitude demanded byTurkish Air Force in the contract. Some other cosmetic changes might be in order but I don't believe the project will delay for a fvckin year.

I think they wouldn't develop another version before shifting to serial production, if a few minor changes like changing some parts would have done it.
The first day that they announced that test flights were successful, and that anka flew 18 hours in 26000ft altitude, I knew something was wrong. Because according to the original contract it should have flown 24 hours at 30000ft with 200kg payload.
Although I tried to say it, people were too proud to accept this fact.

Here's a very realistic guess: They've been trying to improve it's performance (especially range/endurance) in the past 4-5 months with minor upgrades. However, getting no serious results from it, they have decided that some structural changes are needed.

Maybe this is the reason for the delay. TSK wants satcom capability already for the Anka-S.

"TSK BAZI İSTEKLERİ DAHA VAR"

Türk Silahlı Kuvvetleri'nin (TSK) ilave istekleri de bulunduğunu belirten Barlas, Hava Kuvvetleri Komutanlığı'nın envantere katmak istediği sistemlerin bundan bir nebze daha ileri versiyon olması gerektiğini söyledi.Barlas, TSK'nın, uydu haberleşme sistemleri, haberleşme rölesi gibi istekleri bulunduğunu ifade ederek, "Bu konuda çalışıyoruz. TSK için ANKA'nın üst versiyonunu hazırlıyoruz" dedi.ANKA'yı mevcut haliyle başka ülkelere pazarladıklarını bildiren Barlas, bu kapsamda bazı ülkelerle görüşmeler yaptıklarını anlattı.Benzer sıkletteki insansız hava aracı sistemlerinin fiyatlarının 5 ila 8 milyon dolar arasında değiştiğini kaydeden Barlas, ANKA'nın da bu aralıkta bir fiyatla satılacağını belirtti.

ANKA göreve haz

Back
Top Bottom