What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

TAI completes Anka UAV test campaign

Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) has completed a roughly 130-flight acceptance test campaign involving its Anka medium-altitude, long-endurance unmanned air vehicle, and is continuing talks over a planned first order for the system.

Launched late in 2012, the acceptance process culminated in long-duration and night-time sorties flown between 20 and 22 January, 2013, TAI says.

During an individual sortie lasting more than 18h, the Anka demonstrated its "full endurance and 200km [108nm] data link range performances, under winds reaching 45kt [83km/h]", the company says. Night-time flights testing the aircraft's automatic take-off and landing system were also performed.

The indigenously developed type has so far accumulated over 140 flight hours and reached a maximum altitude of 26,000ft (7,900m) since making its debut appearance in December 2010, it adds.

TAI says contract negotiations are underway with Ankara's Undersecretariat for Defence Industries (SSM) procurement agency regarding a planned acquisition of 10 Anka systems for the Turkish air force.

Egypt was also in late 2012 reported as having agreed to purchase 10 Anka air vehicles, in what would be the first export sale of the roughly 1,500kg (3,300lb) type. Powered by a Thielert Centurion 2.0 engine, the design has a claimed maximum flight endurance of 24h.

29 Jan 2013

@TheCommander
Trust me, making an EO camera is child's play compared to making an IR camera or a Synthetic Aperture Radar. But these things are called "day camera" for a reason. Weather conditions, night conditions make it impossible to see anything. WAPS can cover a wider area than SARs and FLIRs but they are only useful in rare cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheCommander there are lots of experimental projects in this area. But all wide-area persistent surveillance systems or WAPS', are essentially the same. A very big day camera or lots of small day cams mounted on a UAV.

There's nothing special about them. You just have to make room for the extra optical payload, it can be done in a heartbeat.

At 3:20 the guy basicly told how to make the whole system XD Thanx for that top-secret info mate!!

Any plan of UCAV program?
There's a stealth UCAV project in early stages. That's all we know atm.
At 3:20 the guy basicly told how to make the whole system XD Thanx for that top-secret info mate!!
I'm sorry did i ever claim to have top-secret information? I've been reading about these projects earlier that's all.

I gave up buying defence magazines for a while now but I've been following orko_8's blog:
Siyah Gri Beyaz: Görüş Alanını Genişletmek: Gorgon Stare WAAS
Still.. top-secret info? are you mad at me for something else bro?

There's a stealth UCAV project in early stages. That's all we know atm.
I'm sorry did i ever claim to have top-secret information? I've been reading about these projects earlier that's all.

I gave up buying defence magazines for a while now but I've been following orko_8's blog:
Siyah Gri Beyaz: Görüş Alanını Genişletmek: Gorgon Stare WAAS
Still.. top-secret info? are you mad at me for something else bro?

:D

No mate chillex, I was talking about the guy in the video.. :)

1i1ji2.jpg

Any plan of UCAV program?

The following is a program by TRT, official Turkey's government TV, clearly talking about a UCAV which will be 1.5x larger than current MALE UAV (ANKA). The new one will be a near 5 tons UCAV with a payload up to 1000 kg.

The guy from TAI refers the new project as a strategic UAV which will be able to carry various types of payload.

The following is a program by TRT, official Turkey's government TV, clearly talking about a UCAV which will be 1.5x larger than current MALE UAV (ANKA). The new one will be a near 5 tons UCAV with a payload up to 1000 kg.

The guy from TAI refers the new project as a strategic UAV which will be able to carry various types of payload.
Do they change the engine?

Simply taking a look at the page, I can tell how important and benefitial a car industry can be. According to wiki the engine itself is a heavenly modified Mercedes automative engine, More the reason why we should develop the engine family.

You have rightly mentioned the important role of automobile industry as a premise of aviation industry. Every country from Sweden to South Korea have developed quality automobile base to further develop in aviation industry the same is and will happen with Turkey.

What is the current status of Malazgirt stealth copter?

Back
Top Bottom