What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

There was a video in IDEF showing Anka dropping MAM-L.

Last edited:
I see bayraktar uav more promising so you need hundreds of it to monitor your borders and save lives of your soldiers.

Bayraktar is a good UAV against Terror Organisations, with small scale operation zone. Because Bayraktar can fly above MANPADS range. Anka can climb higher altitutes and can even stay out of enemy's small/medium range air-defense systems( depends on systems), with SAT-COM capability with very huge operation zone.

Where is it bro? How can I watch it?

I lost the link bro, if I find it I'll post it or if others here know about it post it plz :) But bro, I have to say, even though it was a recording of a screen from a phone. The detail CATS recorded was superb! They really did a quality job on it!

Bayraktar is a good UAV against Terror Organisations, with small scale operation zone. Because Bayraktar can fly above MANPADS range. Anka can climb higher altitutes and can even stay out of enemy's small/medium range air-defense systems( depends on systems), with SAT-COM capability with very huge operation zone.
Bayraktar flies higher than Anka.

Bayraktar couldn't take off If you installed Satcom, Sar and 300T. They are racing in different leagues.
You are right. But I stand corrected. The point is, you can't compare them based on their altitudes or endurances. I released a ballon to the sky last week and it is still flying but what is its use if it can't carry any (good) stuff.

Without any weapon load, yes, you are right. With 2 MAM-L, nope, it can barely reach 17.000 feet.
I didn't know that. Do you have a source?

You are right. But I stand corrected. The point is, you can't compare them based on their altitudes or endurances. I released a ballon to the sky last week and it is still flying but what is its use if it can't carry any (good) stuff.

Anka with B variant payload has reached 30500ft altitude in trials, while 27500ft is the max altitude Bayraktar TB-2 with E/O reached until now.

Anka with B variant payload has reached 30500ft altitude in trials, while 27500ft is the max altitude Bayraktar TB-2 with E/O reached until now.
huh that is good then i probably got confused because there are so many variants of anka (one of which flies at 18k ft even) while there is only one bayraktar tb-2

I didn't know that. Do you have a source?

Not any official payload/max altitute parabola. During clashes between FSA and PKK in south of Azaz, there were Turkish Unmanned activity in the region, and tracking sources always showen 15.000-17.000 feet. So that's how i went to this point.

Of course Bayraktar can fly 20.000+ feet with MAM-Ls if it takes off with half fuel etc.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom