Standarts:

Body & Engine
CATS

Options:

SatCom
Weapon Payload
SAR
Winglets

Just to stop your Anka A,B,C..S arguments I will re-post old tweet.

TAI has 11 different modifications of ANKA

^^

Yes all configurations are possible but you must always take into account the carrying capacity.

You want to have everything (Endurance - > 27 hours -; Satcom; radar; heavy weapons - GBU -) ? Ok ! But then you will need much more engine power. A propulsion turboprop or even better, turbofan (The best).

It is rudimentary physics.

It is for this reason that a new R&D program for aquisition to indigenous turboprop has been launched.

Last edited:
I want to clear some confusion here.
The Anka is an unmanned aerial platform and it can be used for any purpose.
Want to have long endurance and high altitude? Use the basic version (Anka-A)
Want to control the aircraft from any place in the world? Attach a satcom to it (Anka-S)
Want to take extra clear pictures of the ground? Attach a SAR radar to it (Anka-B)
Want to use it to monitor cities? Attach a GAG camera to it (Anka-I)
Want to use it to hunt rats? Attach firepower to it (the armed version or whatever it is called)
The point is, it doesn't make sense to use up the letters A to Z, just use it for whatever you want. One thing is clear though, you probably can't combine the above. If you attach both a SAR and ammo, the performance will rapidly drop. That is why only Anka-A was armed.
Regarding the orders, I think the following orders have been placed:
10 Anka-S for the air force
3 Anka-I for EGM
??? Anka-B for MIT
But as you may have noticed the 10 Anka's for the air force seems a bit too little. I think they will buy more Ankas of different variants (like the armed Anka) once they are ready.

Plan is end of 2017 to ad 20 anka inventory, according to the video:-). Ther are 9 anka in production. Good catch for the anka.

Last edited:
What are we gonna do with Anka-S though? It is not like we have 24 hour satellite coverage for any specific location of the world.

If this is to fight PKK, we can just build lots of signal towers where there would be 200km between and have full coverage all around and surroundings of our country.

Plus we would be cutting weight a bit too, which means extra armament and higher flight periods.
Turkey can use satellite communication to produce ANka against submarines in the future with its radar... I believe Sarper Radar is just to have an excuse to improve it. The main reason is to use it against submarines in the future as smaller version of Poseidon..

10 Anka-S for the air force
3 Anka-I for EGM
??? Anka-B for MIT

Yesterday, Cabatli gave different numbers for Police

Turkish National Police
6 ANKA-B (Total 15 Anka-B with CATS and GAG)
6 + 12 Bayraktar TB2

*Turkish Land Forces
18 +16 Bayraktar TB2 ( delivery 2017 and 2018)

*Gendarme Forces
12 Bayraktar TB2

*Turkish Air Forces
10 ANKA-S (6 to be delivered in 2017, 4 to be delivered in 2018) - first 4 will not use domestic engine

*National Security Organization
3 ANKA-S

img_1029.jpg
0.jpg
bozok_zps2fha43qa.jpg
img_2852.png

Why we have 2 different 4xcirit missile pod? Atak and anka using different pods.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom