What's new

AIDS infested India - deadly threat to Bangladesh

I really admire the perseverance of some of our friends. They keep on posting outdated articles non stop and do not even reply to the points raised by other members.

Originally posted by Seiko :How many varieties of AIDS you know?? ..Well if epidemic is spreading in Bangladesh because of Indian truck drivers then people in you country are also responsible for it..you very well aware that how this diseases spread..think hard ...If your side is clean you don't have to fear about spreading of this diseases ...

Originally posted by Goodperson:I am using the word relationship for know act.
So mean to say Indians come to BD to commit known act ?
I am only trying to convince the topic starter about how HIV spreads.

Does Mr.Idune realise that with the Title of the thread what he is implying on the character of hie fellow country men (women).
Don't be so obsessed with your hatred that you do not realise that you are hurting yourself only.

It doesn't matter **** how many Indian men have AIDS, it is important for you to see how it will spread if they come to BD.:chilli:

I really admire the perseverance of some of our friends. They keep on posting outdated articles non stop and do not even reply to the points raised by other members.

Does Mr.Idune realise that with the Title of the thread what he is implying on the character of hie fellow country men (women).
Don't be so obsessed with your hatred that you do not realise that you are hurting yourself only.

It doesn't matter **** how many Indian men have AIDS, it is important for you to see how it will spread if they come to BD.:chilli:
The article posted by idune may be old, but old is not its content. AIDS remains an issue in India and it is feared that that more than 25 million Indians will be contaminated with this deadly disease.

What is there to talk about the character of our prostitute women?  They are as it is everywhere in the world. A medical attendant may be required when an unsophisticated Indian driver enters a prostitute's room to force him to wear a condom.

I have read in the newspapers that the Indians are very unclean, do not take shower for weeks and do not wear condoms. This way, they spread the disease not only to their own spouses, but also to other innocent people.

Since our contamination rate is too small, we do not have that kind of awareness to stop its spread. So, if Indians are allowed to go thru BD, there is an even chance that the disease will spread like fire.

For this reason only, BD should not allow Indian truckers to move through BD. Read post #60 to know how Nepal is suffering.

The Ticking Aids Time Bomb in India

February 24, 2009 by ©Kamaal Nishant©

The acronym AIDS spells a holocaust, threatening the existence of the human beings in a big way. AIDS or Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome is caused by a group of related retroviruses known as HIV (Human Immuno-deficiency virus). It was first conclusively identified in 1981. According to the researchers of the University of Alabama at Birmingham the AIDS virus spread by the cross species transmission of viruses from chimpanzees to people in Africa. The Chimps have been presumed to be the carriers of this dreaded disease for thousands of years, without being susceptible to it. It infected humans in the 1940s or early 50s when someone in the west equatorial Africa is supposed to have contracted the virus after consuming the animal as food. However French biophysicists have claimed that the US army had released the virus as a part of an experiment on gene manipulation of pathogens, conducted on prisoners. The first case of AIDS was reported in the USA in 1981, ever since people in more than 175 countries have contracted the dreaded disease. According to United Nations agency UNAIDS, in July 2003, 42 million people were infected with HIV worldwide-29.4 million of them in Africa. It had killed 25 million people worldwide. The United Nation forecasts that by 2010, 45 million more would be infected if the pandemic continues to spread at its current pace and 70 million would have died by 2020.

In India, the first case of AIDS was reported in 1986 from Chennai. Since then there has been an increase in the number of HIV infections over the years. In July 2003, India with the world's second highest population had at least 4 million HIV positive people. HIV sentinel surveillance data showed Maharashtra as the most affected state followed by Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Manipur. In the year 2000, the prevalence of HIV in all parts of the country highlights the spread of infection from urban to rural and from high-risk behavior groups to genera] population. 80% of the infections were through sexual transmission, 8% through pre-natal transmission, 6% through injecting drug among users and 4% through blood transfusion.

The disease is said to spread to a healthy person through sexual contact with an AIDS infected person because the HIV virus is present in sexual fluids, saliva and blood. This accounts for both homosexual and heterosexual contacts. In fact through various researches it has been found that deep kissing where saliva is exchanged can infect the partner. Sex workers are supposed to be the biggest carriers of this disease. Truck drivers plying on national highways and other casual visitors visiting red-light areas carry the HIV virus and in turn spread it to their families. AIDS has long been a taboo because of its association with sex. No doubt, unprotected sex with an infected person is a major cause of the disease but there are other factors too, like being infected through use of hypodermic needles or syringes. There have been reports of doctors and health-care workers getting infected while carrying out their duties. This shows that the risk is so great the even trained professionals can become victims. An AIDS infected mother can transmit the disease to her child during the pre-natal stage. In the post-natal stage, it can pass to the infant through the mother's milk. These are the only known sources of contracting the AIDS virus. The disease cannot spread through casual contact with an AIDS patient, like sharing his linen and utensils, shaking hands, hugging, coughing, sneezing or by sharing the swimming pool. Diana, the late Princess of Wales, in an attempt to unravel the myth to the media and public took off her gloves and shook hands with an AIDS victim.

AIDS is the late stage of infection with the Human Immuno deficiency Virus (HIV). It can take around 7-10 years to develop other infection with HIV. The virus destroys the immune system of the body. The victim suffers from severe weight loss and weakness due to persistent diarrhea, pneumonia, fever, non recovery of wounds and finally dies. Although scientific research has come a long way since the virus was traced in 1981, no effective cure for the dreaded disease has been found. The drug 'zidovudine', is known to delay the progression of AIDS. There is a combination of powerful drugs that can make life easier and longer for a person living with HIV/AIDS, but only a fraction of those infected in developing economies such as India can afford or have access to treatment. Also there is a scarcity of doctors and clinics equipped to do a mandatory monitoring on the basis of which antiretroviral drug combinations are prescribed.
The treatment of AIDS is costly and there is no cure. The best safeguard against the dreaded disease is precaution. The first would be to exercise discretion while having sexual contacts, using unsterilized syringes or during blood transfusion. Maintaining high moral values could reduce the occurrence of AIDS in a big way. Indulging in momentary pleasures like taking of drugs should be avoided. AIDS-infected women should take care to avoid conception so as to prevent the birth of an AIDS - infected child. Blood donations should be taken from healthy HIV negative people. These are the methods by which AIDS can be prevented. The Government of India addresses HIV / AIDS epidemic, simply not as a health problem, but as a developmental issue, which impinges on various economic and special sectors of government and non-government activity. The government has sought international assistance to face the challenge. Rehabilitation of such patients through community involvement is being planned. Many Non-Governmental Organizations are involved in the AIDS prevention campaigns and are helping the government in its Endeavour. The National AIDS Control Program, Phase-II is being implemented for a period of five years from April 1999 with the support of I.D.A. and other bilateral donor agencies like USAID. Some of its main components are preventive interventions for the general community, promotions of voluntary counseling and testing facilities, blood safety and prevention of occupation exposure and low cost AIDS care to people living with HIV/AIDS.

The Government should create awareness and disseminate information to combat AIDS. Since the spread of AIDS can be effectively stopped by taking preventive measures, awareness is the key to containing and eventually eliminating it. There have been good public service television advertisements that have helped to remove the stigma to some extent. All other media too must be used. Organizing AIDS awareness campaign at brothels to protect the sex workers and the clients could help in controlling AIDS. They should be informed about the precautionary measures required against the spread of disease and the consequences of being affected. Literary pullouts, brochures, pamphlets, mainly in the vernacular languages, should be distributed along with newspapers in all states which would help in creating awareness among all. However what is needed for combating AIDS is a concerted and vigorous national campaign, and not an occasional statement or conference resolution.

Since AIDS is a major disease for which no cure is known, we must first of all guard ourselves against contracting the disease. The people who are already suffering form AIDS should be accepted and taken care of without any misgivings and prejudicial They contracted the disease because of unawareness and the rest of the society does not have the right to ostracize them. The society should do away with the irrational beliefs associated with the disease and should work towards a healthy society both physically and morally.

Source: An article published in Health magazine in July, 2008 by Huma Suman

The Ticking Aids Time Bomb in India - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

AIDS will spread like ‘bushfire’ in India: UN
by Sanjay Jha | November 13, 2008 at 05:20 am

India has one of the highest HIV/AIDS patients base and the United States National Intelligence Council predicts that the number of people infected in India could jump to between 20 million and 25 million by 2010. The current spike is due to the increase in the number of intravenous drug users and the UN has threatened that unless the drug users number is checked Aids will spread like bushfire.

HIV/AIDS infections will spread like ‘bushfire’ in parts of India if the country fails to check a spike in the number of intravenous drug users, the United Nations AIDS agency said on Thursday.

India has the world's third highest caseload with 2.5 million infections. It has an estimated 200,000 intravenous drug users, many of whom are in the remote northeast region which borders the opium-producing Golden Triangle of Myanmar, Thailand and Laos.

"If we don't prevent new infections in new emerging populations like injecting drug users, it can go up as bushfires. We may see a major surge in infections," Peter Piot, the Executive Director of UNAIDS, said.

He also raised concerns about the spread of drugs in India. "Drug use is moving a bit everywhere, we can see it in Bihar, UP and in Kashmir, it is kind of moving across the northern part of the country," Peter Piot, head of UNAIDS said.

AIDS will spread like ?bushfire? in India: UN | NowPublic News Coverage

The article posted by idune may be old, but old is not its content.

The points raised by idune have been refuted.

[AIDS remains an issue in India and it is feared that that more than 25 million Indians will be contaminated with this deadly disease.

Nonsense. The aids rate in India is lower than most nations. The number of people with aids in India is around 2.5 million, out of a population of 1.2 billion.

I have read in the newspapers that the Indians are very unclean, do not take shower for weeks and do not wear condoms. This way, they spread the disease not only to their own spouses, but also to other innocent people.

Please keep you're pathetic opinions of Indians to yourself.

Since our contamination rate is too small, we do not have that kind of awareness to stop its spread. So, if Indians are allowed to go thru BD, there is an even chance that the disease will spread like fire.

You know, before stopping Indians from entering Bangladesh, perhaps you should ask your millions of countrymen not to come to India. I would rather think that Bangladeshi's coming here to aids infested India, in their millions, would be a bigger threat to Bangladesh. You don't want us unclean Indians to infect your hygiene conscious countrymen now, do you?

So what do you say? Take back your millions of illegals and we'll ask our truckers not to go to the land of extremely clean people - bangladesh? fair trade i think.

The points raised by idune have been refuted.

You know, before stopping Indians from entering Bangladesh, perhaps you should ask your millions of countrymen not to come to India. I would rather think that Bangladeshi's coming here to aids infested India, in their millions, would be a bigger threat to Bangladesh. You don't want us unclean Indians to infect your hygiene conscious countrymen now, do you?
No, idene's contentions have not been refuted at all. Read the two articles above that were posted by idune today. AIDS is real and we do not want our innocent people to be contaminated by the Indians.

What is stopping you from sending back some tens of BD illegals from your Great India. We will build a medical checkpost at the border. AIDS contaminated ones will not be allowed to enter, because they will be Indians without fail.

No, idene's contentions have not been refuted at all. Read the two articles above that were posted by idune today. AIDS is real and we do not want our innocent people to be contaminated by the Indians.

What is stopping you from sending back some tens of BD illegals from your Great India. We will build a medical checkpost at the border. AIDS contaminated ones will not be allowed to enter, because they will be Indians without fail.

I dont think BD is in high risk. Its not because it is insulated from India (which it is not), but because of the life style of the people which makes it less vulnerable to aids. Its true for every muslim country in the world where Aids could not take its toll and turned to be a epidemic.

No, idene's contentions have not been refuted at all.

Idune's contention is that India is infested with aids. Refuted in the second post itself.

AIDS is real and we do not want our innocent people to be contaminated by the Indians.

Good advice. Since you don't want to be contaminated by us Indians, how about we stop all contact with Bangladesh altogether? No trade, no handouts, no aid packages for Bangladesh. Sounds good to me.

What is stopping you from sending back some tens of BD illegals from your Great India.

The sheer scale of the problem. What do you want us to do, fly them all back to Dhaka? Sure, only if foot the bill. Can your country afford it though?

We will build a medical checkpost at the border.

Just a bit of friendly advice. First build medical facilities in your poverty stricken areas.

AIDS contaminated ones will not be allowed to enter, because they will be Indians without fail.

That's fine. You see unlike Bangladesh, we have the facilities to treat aids patients.

use protection mate...tell your country men to do so...whether is it be a kevlar vest in war...or rubber in bed....and quit blaming India for every sneeze and cough you get.

lolz Eastwatch what are you trying to say??Aids infection can found only on Indians and Bangladeshis are Immune to Aids?? If what you are saying true then you dont have to worry ..problem solved :yahoo:..

I already told you if this disease is going to spread on Bangladesh then the fault lies on your countrymen too...I don't have to mouth feed to how this diseases are spread...as for a starter its aint spread through air or water..

About the we being dirty we also heard about roumers that your country men don't bath and stuff like that ..but i am not stupid or moron to believe all the roumers I am hearing...

lolz Eastwatch what are you trying to say??Aids infection can found only on Indians and Bangladeshis are Immune to Aids?? If what you are saying true then you dont have to worry ..problem solved :yahoo:..

I already told you if this disease is going to spread on Bangladesh then the fault lies on your countrymen too...I don't have to mouth feed to how this diseases are spread...as for a starter its aint spread through air or water..

About the we being dirty we also heard about roumers that your country men don't bath and stuff like that ..but i am not stupid or moron to believe all the roumers I am hearing...

We live under the water mate. 90% people know how to swim.:cheesy:

i think this is not the question that wich country is highly infected .the question is how we protect the others from it
there is no question of indian bd usa pakistan or else every one is human and i am realy sad to see that on this sereous topic some people fighting this is not good we all are brothers no indian no pakistani no bangladeshi

BROTHER AID IS UNIVERSAL PROBLEM,AND I LOOKING THIS SAME PROBLEM IN PAKISTAN IN SOME YEARS .WE HAVE TO PREVENT OUR BELOVED PEOPLES WITH NECESSARY PRCAUTION

We live under the water mate. 90% people know how to swim.:cheesy:

Dont get me wrong here mate.. I am just replying to East watch quote about we don't bath and dirty and stuff like that..I meant that every body can create roomer.Its up to the person who hear it to believe it or not... as some one in this forum said we all are like frogs in a well..we dont know any thing about other countries culture and rituals besides some biased comments from the media and so called experts..

A forum like this helps to understand other nations a lot..but some people are deliberately trying to put unnecessary comments about other countries with out any proper evidence or links to back them up..When i said this i meant about every country men (yes we Indians too ) .

There are so much mistrust and hatred between our countries (ie India,Pakisthan,Bangladesh and China)that even if we solved all the issues we wont have a normal relation..We will find some other issues to fight against each other..

These mistrust and hatred can be solved only by people to people interaction and this kind of forums can help in it a lot ..Aside from trolling and unnecessary rants there are some posters from every country whose posts are worth reading...but sorry to say that some posters are just interested in basing other countries..and i am not agreeing to that

seiko, I ask you to check the bathing habits of your Sikhs and the Sikh drivers. These people roam the entire India to do the trucking job. Not only AIDS, this group also drink too much. This drinking habit may also cause many unwanted killing in my country.

Your govt must enact and implement proper laws so as to safeguard the prostitutes and passersby equally. Otherwise, they may not qualify to enter my country. Some social groups are very active in BD, they will force govt to stop your truckers at the border.

seiko, I ask you to check the bathing habits of your Sikhs and the Sikh drivers. These people roam the entire India to do the trucking job. Not only AIDS, this group also drink too much. This drinking habit may also cause many unwanted killing in my country.

Your govt must enact and implement proper laws so as to safeguard the prostitutes and passersby equally. Otherwise, they may not qualify to enter my country. Some social groups are very active in BD, they will force govt to stop your truckers at the border.

East watch some people don't have neatness like others do..its not related to nationality or a particular region..yes some of the truck drivers may have some issues with neatness and drinking but how is it related to AIDS?There are many peoples other than Sikhs here in India doing trucking job...

And i already posted some link about govt measures and problems faced by India due to AIDs..You can check my earlier posts...And in your previous post you dont talk about the truckers but the whole Indians are dirty and don't bath and stuff like that..I know you love your country but you have to understand that we also love our country and we don't stand against some guy talking nonsense about our country with our any proper evidence to back it up..I am sure that every country men will do the same when their respected country is humiliated

Personally I think your previous post were nothing but a third rate trolling...

Back
Top Bottom