What's new

AIDS infested India - deadly threat to Bangladesh

ur answers ar here idune
and dont blame raw tey got families so tat was good one RAW with AIDS lol
and balme people who crossover to india and never go back-an serious problem needs to be checked soon second largest threat to india after naxalites

AIDS will spread like ‘bushfire’ in India: UN
by Sanjay Jha | November 13, 2008 at 05:20 am

India has one of the highest HIV/AIDS patients base and the United States National Intelligence Council predicts that the number of people infected in India could jump to between 20 million and 25 million by 2010.

Advise you to take care as not to stand on border or enter India else you might get infected.

you wish death upon a billion people?you'd make Adolf Hitler cry with remorse...
I hope you start reading your religious books a little more deeply and get some love for the fellow human.

I wonder why some of these BD people are mocking such a serious issue...AIDS is bad....it kills you everyday for the rest of yourlife once you get affected...A guy I knew shot himself...couldn't handle the prospect of seeing himself wither away...the forum rules bind me from blasting Al-zakir...but I hope he understands someday.

Yaar, I am frustrated over your country’s involvements in internal matter of BD.
Why your country can not leave us alone to our destiny? We have separated for a reason and that is we are different people who like different things. Our social, logical and thinking process is 180 degree deference than yours. So long your country patronizes anti-Islamic elements in BD than expect anti bharati behavior from Muslim like my self.

Now AIDs will kill your population if correct measurements aren’t in place. You guys need to bring conservative values back into your society to prevent this killer disease otherwise you are responsible for your own self destruction. Look at the direction of your country. You guys infected with liberal fever that allowing you to encourage anti social actvities which is the main ingredient of sexual transmitted disease.

Though may Allah save the innocence from this destructive killer?

I still stand corrected that BD should not have any close relation with Bharat. Only minimal enough to get by…..

India has one of the highest HIV/AIDS patients base and the United States National Intelligence Council predicts that the number of people infected in India could jump to between 20 million and 25 million by 2010.

I dune I already posted a link that refutes your claim..If you had made some time besides checking anti India links from the internet to read that link you shouldn't have posted this post...i am posting that link again

HIV and AIDS in India

now read it care fully and check how many Aids patient we have and also care to read towards the last para about the drop of infection in Southern states...I dont think your dream of 25 million people become AIDS patient in 2010 is not going to happen..but you can keep on dreaming

OMG!

India needs to seriously think over it!

Come on man I gave you credible links to refute your claims still you think its a creative accounting?? 25 million means 1/4 th of our population.. Means 1 in every 4 person in India is AIDs infected..don't you think its so overrated??

Actually, joke is on you. you dont even know size of your own population. 25 million is NOT 1/4 of your population when indian population is more than 1.16 billion or 1160 million.

Actually, joke is on you. you dont even know size of your own population. 25 million is NOT 1/4 of your population when indian population is more than 1.16 billion or 1160 million.

Ok my mistake..still my argument stands..25 million Aids patients is overrated...and i gave you link for that..Why dont you answer about it??

High Prevalence of AIDS among Indian Truck drivers

(Note: Granting india transit pose danger of spreading AIDS in Bangladesh)

New Delhi: A startling study indicates that almost 40 percent of India's truck drivers and their helpers are infected with AIDS virus and there is an urgent need to create awareness among this community to check the spread of the fatal disease.

India currently has over 5.1 million AIDS patients and truckers are possibly one of the largest groups carrying the disease.. There are over six million truckers crisscrossing the length and breadth of the country.

"The findings are certainly alarming. One in every three truckers visits commercial sex workers. The shocking part is that only 18 percent of them use condoms," said Alok Srivastava, the chief project manager for the study.

According to the survey, conducted by the Centre for Media Studies (CMS), though many truckers have heard about HIV and AIDS, only two percent of them know the difference between the two.

The study collected data from hundreds of truck drivers ferrying on national highways linking Mumbai and New Delhi, New Delhi-Kolkata, Kolkata-Chennai and Chennai-Mumbai.

Among the truckers surveyed, 95 percent were in the age group of 18 to 45 years and 80 percent were married. Around 75 percent were in the profession for more than five years.

More than illiteracy, ignorance and being away from home for long stretches were the main reasons behind the spread of the disease among the truckers' community, Srivastava told IANS.

The survey revealed that at least a third of the truckers had never been contacted by government health workers or an NGO though AIDS awareness campaigns on television and radio have helped to spread

"The National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) must pay more attention towards this community," Srivastava said.

To bring about the desired behavioral change, the survey suggests there must be concerted efforts for one-to-one interaction between truckers on the one hand and private and public health workers on the other.

"Interpersonal communication is the most effective medium to convey any message. When a health worker interacts with a trucker, there is a greater possibility of realizing the importance of safe sex.

"Besides, they must be educated on the use of condoms. They should also be motivated to seek early and complete treatment for sexually transmitted diseases. Communicating messages through peer educators comprising sex workers and fellow drivers needs to be taken up on a large scale," Srivastava said.

High Prevalence of AIDS among Indian Truck drivers

AIDS in India: Sex Workers and Truck Drivers Playing Vital Roles

By Mohammad Khairul Alam
AIDS Researcher
Rainbowngo@gmail.com

AIDS is a pandemic that kills millions, destroys families and communities and renders millions of children parentless. It threatens the social and economic fabric of many nations.

Truck drivers have been and continue to be a main force in the spread of HIV to epidemic proportions. They work long hours on the road and often spend several days in one place clearing customs or resolving mechanical problems. They turn to sex workers who are at high risk of being HIV/AID positive. As a result, the drivers have high rates of HIV. Their highly mobile lifestyle requires a lot of travel. In other stopover town locations they visit other commercial male/female sex workers thereby potentially transmitting the virus. In addition, many of the truck drivers are married and also have girlfriends (commercial sex partner) who are likely to become infected with HIV and become a pool in their local communities.

Truck drivers and commercial sex workers constitute core transmitter populations of HIV/AIDS throughout India. The sexual interactions between these particular groups are conducive to population-wide HIV/AIDS transmission. Other evidence supports the view HIV was introduced to Indian populations with pre-existing patterns of sexual behavior that have long been susceptible to high STI/STDs rates.

While, a majority of truck drivers have heard of HIV/AIDS, the extent of knowledge about specific aspects of HIV/AIDS was less consistent. Correct knowledge of transmission by sexual contact was found in two-thirds (Bombay). Several studies have attempted to elucidate the percentage of truck drivers who actually do have sex with commercial sex workers (CSWs) and if so, how often they do. Some 80 percent of the truck drivers are frequenting CSW.

Commercial sex workers (CSWs) have sex with different populations of men depending on their class. Some of the CSWs' contacts were with regular partners. CSWs tend to be a highly mobile population and one of the main factors placing CSWs in high-risk categories is that they have multiple partners. Usage of condoms is still low among the truck driver population; however, it seems to be increasing. While use of condoms seems to range between 25 and 60 percent, knowledge surrounding condom use seems to be uneven. Some 90 percent of the truck drivers know condoms prevent transmission of HIV, but many drivers were not aware of the proper storage techniques or proper usage.

The classification of the partners of truck drivers is complex and not standardized across studies or, at times, within studies. Distinguishing between a casual and regular partner is often ambiguous. Many truck drivers report that they have had large numbers of sexual partners. About one-third of the drivers reported more than 50 lifetime partners. The number of partners in the recent past indicates a driver's current sexual behavior trend.

A recent survey of Bangladeshi track drivers conduct by the Rainbow Nari O Shishu Kallyan Foundation found that 80 percent of truck driver in Bangladesh have no clear concept of HIV or AIDS. But 90 percent respond it is a deadly disease. India is the second largest HIV/AIDS infected country in the world, more then 5.2 million people are living with AIDS or HIV. India is a neighboring country of Bangladesh, and every day many people cross borders both officially and also illegally.

Reference: UNAIDS, UNICEF, World Bank

Global Health Council - AIDS in India: Sex Workers and Truck Drivers Playing Vital Roles

Ok my mistake..still my argument stands..25 million Aids patients is overrated...and i gave you link for that..Why dont you answer about it??

Dont disturb him with your links:P He is on an India bashing mission..:hang2: At least appreciate him for his googling skills..;)

Back
Top Bottom