What's new

Agni Missiles: More than what meets the eye?

Exceeding the 5000km range is not an issue even with the maximum throw-weight of the delivery vehicle. It is the RLG which seems to be shrouded in a bit of mystery, with the successful employment of an indigenous RLG one would have hoped that the same would have been employed on ships and aerial platforms instead Sagem still seems to be ruling the roost in that area even after the stated performance of the A-5s guidance system.

Why ? We keep it simple.

Agni_III_long_range_ballistic_missile_India_Indian_army_001.jpg

http://*********************/jh4cz/assets/Agni_V_Launch1.jpg

How fast do you think it will go?
How quickly do you think it'll negotiate turns and slopes???
Forget off-roading.

If this is the actual TEL that we are using,the mobility is severely restricted.
I am hoping to see improvements with the canisterisation.

At 5000 km the accuracy was in Single Digit :D .........i.e. between 0 and 9 mtrs.

So now you can calculate the accuracy for longer range too. Its simple geometry.

In a democracy certain amount if Transparency is a must. We are keen to publish the range of our missile as 5000 km., so there is not much US can complain about :lol:

I think it's one of the weakness of democracy then. i believe in for military statistics, no one should interfere on them. it's playing with security of the country. but i dont know can you claim false statistic or not, : D

as same as here to dont provoke them. but i think you are more lucky than us, they dont like to see any missile program in iran, but they have to suck it up! :)

I think it's one of the weakness of democracy then. i believe in for military statistics, no one should interfere on them. it's playing with security of the country. but i dont know can you claim false statistic or not, : D

as same as here to dont provoke them. but i think you are more lucky than us, they dont like to see any missile program in iran, but they have to suck it up! :)

Transparency is a strength, not a weakness. It forces change and improvement.

Iran is foolish to provoke a lot of people. First make friends, become strong, then provoke. Otherwise its just plain stupid.

Exceeding the 5000km range is not an issue even with the maximum throw-weight of the delivery vehicle. It is the RLG which seems to be shrouded in a bit of mystery, with the successful employment of an indigenous RLG one would have hoped that the same would have been employed on ships and aerial platforms instead Sagem still seems to be ruling the roost in that area even after the stated performance of the A-5s guidance system.

I am told Indian RLG is used in Arihant.

How fast do you think it will go?
How quickly do you think it'll negotiate turns and slopes???
Forget off-roading.

If this is the actual TEL that we are using,the mobility is severely restricted.
I am hoping to see improvements with the canisterisation.

Are you planning to participate in a race using this TEL ? :cheesy:

If it gets on any highway it can zoom away. No need for slope and turns. We are not planning to deploy them on the Himalayas.

For the moment this seems to be the TEL, canisterisation will not change anything.

But you do have a point about making it more mobile. It is just not the priority right now.

Putting it on a submarine is. i.e. reducing its height to 13 mtrs or less. K-4 and K-5 is exactly about that.

Last edited:
Something to do with Solid/Liquid fuel? Agni-V seems to be solid while the others are liquid?

Check the comparative charts in the OP, which other comparative missile is liquid fuelled other than just one which has one stage with liquiid fuel?

Iran is foolish to provoke a lot of people. First make friends, become strong, then provoke. Otherwise its just plain stupid.

not in military issues when you are not a super power.

can you tell me how iran is provoking? I criticize some decisions that made by iranian government, specially previous president Ahmadinejad, but it's not our fault since first day of the revolution in 1979 they have problems with everything we have. also you shouldnt forget Iran has huge oil and gas reserve and is controling the strait of hormoz, since we have found oil here, they started to interfere in iran.

BTW, let's not going Off-topic, i got my answers.

Its not about democracy - even the number of ICBM's China has is known, even the numbers owned by other icbm makers - I guess its a part of International policy.

can you tell me how iran is provoking? I criticize some decisions that made by iranian government, specially previous president Ahmadinejad, but it's not our fault since first day of the revolution in 1979 they have problems with everything we have. also you shouldnt forget Iran has huge oil and gas reserve and is controling the strait of hormoz, since we have found oil here, they started to interfere in iran.

Don't misunderstand me. I am a great supporter of Iran, even though Iran is not exactly a friend of India.

I was just making a general statement. Know your enemy before you start to fight him. That's it.

Yes talking about Iran would be offtopic - it was just his opinion - I guess he forgot that in the past even we had a lot of so called enemies for no fault of ours, only Russia and a couple more were our friends - the west acts like a group and all its countries act together in hatred or in friendship - 71 war we were surrounded by China, US and British navies and we did not have any allies other than The Soviets.

How do you say that it is bad in military issue if one is not a superpower? we are the fourth largest military power btw.

really good topic and analyse of Agni missile!!

Are you planning to participate in a race using this TEL ? :cheesy:

If it gets on any highway it can zoom away. No need for slope and turns. We are not planning to deploy them on the Himalayas.

For the moment this seems to be the TEL, canisterisation will not change anything.

No that is not the TEL, the canisterization and related stabilization gear will change the load bearing characteristics and that will result in a different TEL design, this example is just the DRDO's presentation vehicle for the dummy missile. The TEL is not an issue either way at the end of the day.

I cannot confirm the Arihant's INS suite or its components but the navy is set on standardizing the Sigma RLG on its surface combatants.

Yes talking about Iran would be offtopic - it was just his opinion - I guess he forgot that in the past even we had a lot of so called enemies for no fault of ours, only Russia and a couple more were our friends - the west acts like a group and all its countries act together in hatred or in friendship - 71 war we were surrounded by China, US and British navies and we did not have any allies other than The Soviets.

How do you say that it is bad in military issue if one is not a superpower? we are the fourth largest military power btw.

You really should not talk to an Indian about being surrounded by Enemies :lol:

Only other nation that is in a situation like India is Israel. Only it has US hand holding it.

The Christian nations stand together. The Muslim nations tries to stand together.

The communist nations stand together too.

Only Hindu India stands alone. Maybe a Jewish Israel too.

You really should not talk to an Indian about being surrounded by Enemies :lol:

Only other nation that is in a situation like India is Israel. Only it has US hand holding it.

The Christian nations stand together. The Muslim nations tries to stand together.

The communist nations stand together too.

Only Hindu India stands alone. Maybe a Jewish Israel too.

I am Indian too - the point you are making here has nothing to do with what I said - your claim that Iran is foolish because its making too many enemies is false because similarly we also did not venture out to make enemies - we did what any soveriegn nation would do similar to what Iran is doing while our enemies were numerous and in our opposite camp - why did the Americans or the Brits have an hostile policy towards us? did we mean them any harm? similarly why were we attacked so many times by barbarians, brits, french, portuegese? because we had resources similar to the resources that Iran has - understand my post before commenting.

I am Indian too - the point you are making here has nothing to do with what I said - your claim that Iran is foolish because its making too many enemies is false because similarly we also did not venture out to make enemies - we did what any soveriegn nation would do similar to what Iran is doing while our enemies were numerous and in our opposite camp - why did the Americans or the Brits have an hostile policy towards us? did we mean them any harm? similarly why were we attacked so many times by barbarians, brits, french, portuegese? because we had resources similar to the resources that Iran has - understand my post before commenting.

Iran was first pro US and then became Anti US. Iran first signed the NPT and then went back on their word.

They foolishly got involved with Israel when they should have been best friends with Israel since all the Sunni's were against Israel.

They should have been friends with India, instead they choose pakistan over us.

They made too many stupid errors and mistake to not suffer the consequence. The world is not a friendly place, so better be smart about making friends and choosing enemies. It has nothing to do with resources. It has everything to do with your strengths and how you play the great game.

I thing tel of agni seriously needs modification and canister is a must

also we may laugh at iran but they have a successful drone program,way better than us

also they have unveiled sayyad s to a missiles with double the akash range

now u can call it propdganda but same can be said on drdo announcements too

Back
Top Bottom