What's new

Agni Missiles: More than what meets the eye?

A4 will be the most efficient Indian Missile @ 17 ton and can carry more than 1000 Kg of payload over more than 4000Km away.
A3 and A5 are like proof of concept for fatter and 3-stage missile respective;y.Therefore Drdo said they have brought down weight of A3 to 22 tons.The real missile will be A6 with 6000 to 10000Km with huge payload capacity :devil:
@he-man hey bro it is oky to see glass empty but always seeing broken glass is not right.
we started serios development of Ballistic missiles too much after those countries so our pace in that area is acceptable.

i am not arguing on the difficulty of target but the fact that its just not a good enough tel.
superior mobility will always be an added asset on a tel carrying such weapon so we better have it tan not havingit.

btw what are ur views on our missiles vs chinese??
Considering that the Republic day demonstration platform is not the tel, you should wait for the actual operational tel configuration to emerge.

Its not just about the difficulty of targeting a tel but the nigh impossibility of it under most circumstances which is important, unlike in the case of an emitting ADGE component here no amount of DOA or ADF capabilities can help you acquire the target.

The component building blocks of Chinese and Indian missiles are qualitatively the same in most cases, it is a question of what is needed by the two nations and in which direction is the concerned nation headed.

A4 will be the most efficient Indian Missile @ 17 ton and can carry more than 1000 Kg of payload over more than 4000Km away.
A3 and A5 are like proof of concept for fatter and 3-stage missile respective;y.Therefore Drdo said they have brought down weight of A3 to 22 tons.The real missile will be A6 with 6000 to 10000Km with huge payload capacity :devil:
@he-man hey bro it is oky to see glass empty but always seeing broken glass is not right.
we started serios development of Ballistic missiles too much after those countries so our pace in that area is acceptable.
yes i know that we will get there.
but i will not hear jingoistic claims that we are superior than china or their missiles are dud.thats just not true
on agni 6 though drdo said they will keep the range same but add mirv or marv on it??!!

@ he-man just chill.

nobody is comparing indian missiles to chinese but the truth is india will only have war either with pak or china and for that. A-3;A-4;A-5 are enough we are making surya and A-6 just to develop more technologies and as a power projection tool so that we dont remain behind our contemprories .

china may be ahead in missile tech. but a 5000k missile from india and 5000k missle from china are equally good.

Also I guess Agni III range is specified for 1.5 tonne payload.
But RV mk4,which debuted with A 3 and carries a 200 kT TN payload,weighs around 400 kgs only.

Aliya , for the payload of A3 and weight of RV MK4 , are there any sources ??

i know that very well and i am very happy even with 5500 km range.

on the contrary the person who posted this article and then others supporting it are just fooling everyone,truth must prevail.

@AhaseebA Something that might be of interest to you.

Yeah I've read this article a while back, and there are a few things I have to say:

1. The author is comparing India's BMs with those of established missile powers with decades of R&D in solid-fuel rocket motor design. Its not just about the same type of fuel, its also about the structure and geometry of the grains, the solid fuel's packing, nozzle design etc.

2. The missile's body also matters a lot in this case, which the author simply ignored. The established missile powers have perfected their motor body designs. It is very likely that Agni Missiles have quite heavier motors (specially Agni-III, which uses maraging steel). One may argue that Agni-V has a composite fuel motor body...but hey, this is just the beginning, one can't expect it to be perfect at this stage.

3. If the motors are inefficient and have very high burn rates, this does not means that they'll provide more acceleration too. Because the total weight is too large, so the higher thrust is being used to overcome that. Secondly, the velocity of contemporary missiles (same range class) is going to be somewhat the same even if the missile was inefficient. Thats because the boost phase is very short, and at the end of it the missile needs to impart the same velocity to "throw" it at the target located at the same range.

4. Technicalities aside, how can one believe that DRDO, the king of boasters, is not disclosing the real range? What is the purpose of not disclosing it, when on the other hand the officials state on record that they are developing an ICBM (Agni-VI)?

You guys should settle down and take another look at these claims from other aspects before claiming immature stuff. Just take a look at our Shaheen-II, a mere 2000km at a staggering 25tons. I also doubt the claims of "single-digit accuracy". How can an ReV, darting at Mach 4~5, be guided that perfectly in the terminal stage without using any sort of terminal control systems? Something even US/Russians/Chinese haven't perfected yet?

fanboys both in india and pakistan side just don't admit anything

do u know why we are far behind??

simply for the fact that we are making this misssile decades after other countries have made double the range of this missiles.this is a proven fact.
do u think they were sitting idle all these years for us to catch them,utter laughable
and we still are testing agni 5 when china has already deployed hundreds of dong feng missiles,so what are u really talking about??
they have got mirv too .have we got that?no

so we are atleast 10 years behind china at the moment even in missiles let alone usa and russia.
what i have written here is a fact,and what u will reply will be pure fiction and speculation(i know that)

If you think that we are decades behind, which is your opinion, not a fact, you can compare Agni series with similar (weight/warhead/fuel/diameter etc) missiles from, say, 5 decades ago. I hope you dont think that despite all the advances in science, with computers, DRDO is still behind USSR/China/USA of 5 decades ago.

For example, a 45 tonne RT-2 (RT-2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 45 years ago was capable of 8000 km.

You are accusing others of speculation, which you yourself are not immune to.

If you think that we are decades behind, which is your opinion, not a fact, you can compare Agni series with similar (weight/warhead/fuel/diameter etc) missiles from, say, 5 decades ago. I hope you dont think that despite all the advances in science, with computers, DRDO is still behind USSR/China/USA of 5 decades ago.

For example, a 45 tonne RT-2 (RT-2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 45 years ago was capable of 8000 km.

You are accusing others of speculation, which you yourself are not immune to.

have u read my other posts

i have compared agni todong feng-31 and 41 as well as topol-m

and guess what,we are atleast 10 years behind.

also china already has j-2 slbm with 8000 km range in the jin class submarines.

so all in all looks i am speculating less and telling the facts more

have u read my other posts

i have compared agni todong feng-31 and 41 as well as topol-m

and guess what,we are atleast 10 years behind.

also china already has j-2 slbm with 8000 km range in the jin class submarines.

so all in all looks i am speculating less and telling the facts more

Saying we are 10 years behind is pure speculation. We might be 25 years behind, we might be very close, whatever it is, it is subjective matter.

Also, the comparison was of range of the missiles. For that very purpose, I gave you an example that even 45 years ago there were missiles with similar weight that had far longer range. I am not asking you to compare present day or even a decade old missiles, but missiles from half a century ago.

Mind you, I am not against anyone who says that he would believe in the figures given by DRDO. I personally feel that only believable numbers are that officially given, any bigger are mere speculations. I was just pointing out irony in your allegation. Pointing out that someone is speculating by sharing your own speculation is, well, wrong. Instead of saying that India is so many years behind (which doesn't proves him wrong, cause I pointed out a half a century old missile), you could just say that this is all speculation.

Saying we are 10 years behind is pure speculation. We might be 25 years behind, we might be very close, whatever it is, it is subjective matter.

Also, the comparison was of range of the missiles. For that very purpose, I gave you an example that even 45 years ago there were missiles with similar weight that had far longer range. I am not asking you to compare present day or even a decade old missiles, but missiles from half a century ago.

Mind you, I am not against anyone who says that he would believe in the figures given by DRDO. I personally feel that only believable numbers are that officially given, any bigger are mere speculations. I was just pointing out irony in your allegation. Pointing out that someone is speculating by sharing your own speculation is, well, wrong. Instead of saying that India is so many years behind (which doesn't proves him wrong, cause I pointed out a half a century old missile), you could just say that this is all speculation.

just prove me wrong on these figures?

u can't as everyone in the world knows.

tomorrow pakistan will say such things as u have stated.

will u except that?

and once again

we have inducted only uptill agni 3 and possibly 4 so how can u compare with china?

Back
Top Bottom