What's new

Agni Missiles: More than what meets the eye?

@he-man.

Agni V has far more range than 5000 kms,just check the weight of Agni III and its range and compare it with A 5

Also I guess Agni III range is specified for 1.5 tonne payload.
But RV mk4,which debuted with A 3 and carries a 200 kT TN payload,weighs around 400 kgs only.

So the actual range of Indian missiles is far more than specified.

And there is no question of ' inefficent engines'-Its about design of grain configuration and nozzle design,solid fuel stages doesnt have complex ' engines ' anyway.

And we arent far behind any one in Solid fuel stages,I guess you know.
do u know why we are far behind??

simply for the fact that we are making this misssile decades after other countries have made double the range of this missiles.this is a proven fact.
do u think they were sitting idle all these years for us to catch them,utter laughable
and we still are testing agni 5 when china has already deployed hundreds of dong feng missiles,so what are u really talking about??
they have got mirv too .have we got that?no

so we are atleast 10 years behind china at the moment even in missiles let alone usa and russia.
what i have written here is a fact,and what u will reply will be pure fiction and speculation(i know that)

do u know why we are far behind??

simply for the fact that we are making this misssile decades after other countries have made double the range of this missiles.this is a proven fact.
do u think they were sitting idle all these years for us to catch them,utter laughable
and we still are testing agni 5 when china has already deployed hundreds of dong feng missiles,so what are u really talking about??
they have got mirv too .have we got that?no

so we are atleast 10 years behind china at the moment even in missiles let alone usa and russia.
what i have written here is a fact,and what u will reply will be pure fiction and speculation(i know that)

Ya, we all post pure fiction and speculation. :cheesy:

Only your constant whining and complaining is real and factual :lol:

really??
where is it on open net that agni 5 is way more than 5500 km??
akash and others were examples where ppl question us................read it again

Seriously ?

China accuses India of undermining Agni-V missile capabilities | Mail Online

"The Agni-V actually has the potential to reach targets 8,000 km away, but the Indian government had deliberately downplayed the missile's capability in order to avoid causing concern to other countries," Du Wenlong, a researcher at China's PLA Academy of Military Sciences, told the Global Times on Friday.

Stop wasting my time with your constant Whining .......it is irritating.

Last edited:
Ya, we all post pure fiction and speculation. :cheesy:

Only your constant whining and complaining is real and factual :lol:
indeed u are posting stories as u had 0 answer to my comparisons on previous post.
we are atleast 10 years behind china in missiles,,if u have problem accepting that,then i have nothing to say

the best missile that we have inducted till now is agni 3 with range of 3500 km and u say we are equal to them??
was this a joke?

indeed u are posting stories as u had 0 answer to my comparisons on previous post.
we are atleast 10 years behind china in missiles,,if u have problem accepting that,then i have nothing to say

the best missile that we have inducted till now is agni 3 with range of 3500 km and u say we are equal to them??
was this a joke?

You can continue posting your OPINIONS as FACTS. stop wasting my time.

You can continue posting your OPINIONS as FACTS. stop wasting my time.
dong feng-31 having range of 11000 km is my opinion??
topol-m having such range is my imagination??
china sending astronauts to space is also some dream of mine right??
maybe hq-9 missiles are imagination too so are their subs,missiles,etc

u need to seriously wake up and smell the coffee

In case of full fledged war when Foreign air crafts are flying in India looking for TEL, we have already lost the war :cheesy:

Even then it is not easy to find TEL's kept hidden unless you already know where to look.
Complete air superiority of enemy does not neccesarily translate to our defeat. These TELs aren't effectively mobile enough to be deployed in Indian roads,let alone off road,coz they are simply minimum modified civilian trailers,not dedicated military spin offs. Of all the nations fielding long range missiles I guess we have the sh!tiest TELs.

totally agree
the moment he defended these so called TELs i came to know,discussion is not possible
even iran has made good TELs and canisters!!

Complete air superiority of enemy does not neccesarily translate to our defeat.

Yes it does.

These TELs aren't effectively mobile enough to be deployed in Indian roads,let alone off road,coz they are simply minimum modified civilian trailers,not dedicated military spin offs. Of all the nations fielding long range missiles I guess we have the sh!tiest TELs.

If these TEL's were not suitable then DRDO would not have deployed them now, would they ? I think they know a thing or two about building ICBM's and deploying them.

dude why don't u admit that these are unsuitable for uneven terrains and btw even now there is no canisters??
we will start deployment post 2015

@acetophenol

I dont think thats a TEL,thats some Volvo ballast tractor pulling a trailer with mock up of A 5 for the parade.

@everyone

guys please stop replying to that guy @he-man
He is always here to whine with his wonderful theories like ' We are far behind others in solid fuel stages ' , ' PDV would be variant of prahar or pragati ' (This is when prahar itself is a variant of AAD missilw) .

And now he is saying that A 5 has range of only 5000 kms.....

@acetophenol

I dont think thats a TEL,thats some Volvo ballast tractor pulling a trailer with mock up of A 5 for the parade.

@everyone

guys please stop replying to that guy @he-man
He is always here to whine with his wonderful theories like ' We are far behind others in solid fuel stages ' , ' PDV would be variant of prahar or pragati ' (This is when prahar itself is a variant of AAD missilw) .

And now he is saying that A 5 has range of only 5000 kms.....
do u have any answers to my earlier 2 posts??
if no then keep quiet,if yes then discuss it rationally.
don't bring ur conspiracy theories here,we are behind china in solid fuel and just about everything u can think of as of now except IT(software)
if u don't know this i would strongly advice u to ask other ppl and start reading newspapers.
a guy who says we are aheah of china in solid fuels when we have deployed only agni 3 with puny range of 3000 km as of now must be delusional compared to df-31 with 11000 km range deployed in 2006.

K 15 / Shaurya is already Canisterised.
A 4 would be canisterised and so would be K 4/ Agni VI SLBM.

And next test of A 5 would be from canister

I think this guy @he-man is a false flagger

Conspiracy theories?Who made theories like ' PDV would be based on prahar??

Read newspapers?What?

And try to compare the payloads Agni III carry ( 2.5 tonnes) and try guessing what range it can go with RV mk4, weighing 400 kgs.

Do you know the basics of these things.

Far behind China in solid fuel - got anything to substantiate your claims?

Last edited:
K 15 / Shaurya is already Canisterised.
A 4 would be canisterised and so would be K 4/ Agni VI SLBM.

And next test of A 5 would be from canister

I think this guy @he-man is a false flagger

Conspiracy theories?Who made theories like ' PDV would be based on prahar??

Read newspapers?What?

And try to compare the payloads Agni III carry ( 2.5 tonnes) and try guessing what range it can go with RV mk4, weighing 400 kgs.

Do you know the basics of these things.

Far behind China in solid fuel - got anything to substantiate your claims?
haha false flagger??
my knowledge on indian politics is so good that not even a fool can mistake me as false flagger.go and read in other threads like article 370
as of k15,k4,agni 5 we are in testing phase and it will take years for deployment

china did this 10 years back??
do u do some research or should i spoon feed u and post some links here.
shameless claims by u change nothing.

fact is
right now our best deployed missile has range of 3500km
chinese df-41 has 14000 km range and df-31 has 11000 km range??

now when i tell facts i become a false flagger??

@he-man @acetophenol @adwityagrata @anjaneyshruti Is right about this one as far as the air superiority argument in this context is concerned. If elucidation is required then I shall provide a detailed one later in the day. For now ponder upon how targets such as SAM tels or VSR tels are targeted by SEAD/DEAD platforms and then try and extrapolate how difficult it would be to target a BM tel.

@he-man @acetophenol @adwityagrata @anjaneyshruti Is right about this one as far as the air superiority argument in this context is concerned. If elucidation is required then I shall provide a detailed one later in the day. For now ponder upon how targets such as SAM tels or VSR tels are targeted by SEAD/DEAD platforms and then try and extrapolate how difficult it would be to target a BM tel.
i am not arguing on the difficulty of target but the fact that its just not a good enough tel.
superior mobility will always be an added asset on a tel carrying such weapon so we better have it tan not havingit.

btw what are ur views on our missiles vs chinese??

Back
Top Bottom