What's new

Agni Missiles: More than what meets the eye?

Good analysis.. unfortunately we will never know the true capabilities of the Agni missiles...

Something to do with Solid/Liquid fuel? Agni-V seems to be solid while the others are liquid?

Something to do with Solid/Liquid fuel? Agni-V seems to be solid while the others are liquid?
All Agni missiles are solid fueled and can be fired within minutes unlike liquid fueled Prithvi-1 missiles who takes atleast half hour to be ready.

want an ICBM :cheers:

Agni IV & Agni V are ICBM, so is K-4 and K-5 Missiles.

We just play down its range to dismiss global public fear. But the true range of these missiles are know too all defense planners all over the world.

We are not attempting to increase the range anymore because there is no need as all continents on earth are covered by these missiles.

All Indian missiles are solid fueled except for Prithvi-I and Brahmos. Prithvi-I is also being upgraded to solid fuel.

there are only 2 possibilities really
1)our rockets are very inefficient and so ranges are correct
2)we don't want to tell anyone
now it could be any of these two logically,so we just cannot speculate

There is nothing to speculate. Everything is know to everybody, we just keep quite about it.

The fuel used in Agni is Solid Hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene (HTPB) which is the same fuel used in Topol or D-31. The two stages of Agni is composite to reduce weight. Its range is quite easy to calculate when the size of the missile is know, its weight is known and its fuel is know. :azn:

Last edited:
what about the engine?

this ain't really that easy as u are saying.there are 1000's of factors involved and until drdo says so I don't really wanna speculate

what about the engine?

this ain't really that easy as u are saying.there are 1000's of factors involved and until drdo says so I don't really wanna speculate

You see DRDO has already 'said' it in so many words. Samajdhar ko ishara kafi hai...

Indian govt. policy is to keep a low profile to avoid sanction. What are these eleusive "1000's" you are talking about :cheesy:

In any case, if DRDO is going to declare it as an ICBM what is left to speculate :P

Nuclear-capable ‘Agni-V’ tested for second time - The Hindu

...Describing it as an overhwelming success, V.G. Sekaran, Chief Controller ( MIssiles and Strategic Systems), DRDO, said it was an "overwhelming success and showed the reliability and maturity of the sub-systems. It has established our readiness to move to the next stage of canisterisation", he added

The three-stage, nuclear capable weapon Agni-V has the capability to carry over a 1,000 kg warhead over a distance of 5,000 km. It can cover entire Asia and most other land masses. All the three stages are solid-fuelled.

All you need to do is ask :enjoy:

Details of Agni-V

Images of the Missile Motor :azn:

Agni+assembly.jpg

1367957220-6007.jpg

are u really a scientist to know such things?

tomorrow pakistanis will claim that ghauri is 3000 km really?

and what ishara are u talking about dude?

they said nothing to indicate that range>5000 km

get over the conspiracy theories

are u really a scientist to know such things?
tomorrow pakistanis will claim that ghauri is 3000 km really?
and what ishara are u talking about dude?
they said nothing to indicate that range>5000 km
get over the conspiracy theories

If you don't want to believe it don't :lol: ........ what do I care.

Agni V scientist has said that Agni V can carry MORE than 1000 kg to MORE than 5000 km. He did not say how much more weight it can carry and upto what distance.

Why such clever world play for a scientists ? :azn: Stranger still when we observe scientists are very particular to mention the range of other missiles like Akash or Brahmos. LOL.

not sure but i would peg it on guidance systems achieving better accuracy to go hand in hand with range.

good progress, I have two questions,

why India reveals the number of their missiles in her Arsenal?

does USA put pressure on India or criticizing her for her missile program? when you test a new long range missile what are their reaction?

not sure but i would peg it on guidance systems achieving better accuracy to go hand in hand with range.

At 5000 km the accuracy was in Single Digit :D .........i.e. between 0 and 9 mtrs.

So now you can calculate the accuracy for longer range too. Its simple geometry.

good progress, I have two questions,

why India reveals the number of their missiles in her Arsenal?

does USA put pressure on India or criticizing her for her missile program? when you test a new long range missile what are their reaction?

In a democracy certain amount if Transparency is a must. We are keen to publish the range of our missile as 5000 km., so there is not much US can complain about :lol:

At 5000 km the accuracy was in Single Digit :D .........i.e. between 0 and 9 mtrs.

So now you can calculate the accuracy for longer range too. Its simple geometry.

In a democracy certain amount if Transperance is a must. We are keen to publish the range of our missile as 5000 km., so there is not much US can complain about :lol:

No I meant that on maturing and evolving guidance. Its nice to have a 10k ICMB but with a horrible CEP its better to have its range shortened ith greater accuracry. Probably what we were doing. Plus not to ring any bells i suppose!! :)

Back
Top Bottom