What's new

AFPAK Administrative Union an Ultimate Peacemaker?

Was asking which 'Kashmiri' were you talking about ? Dogri - the language of Jammu, Koshur - the language of the valley (my ancestral tongue) or Pahari - the language spoken by some in AJK !

An Arab from KSA sporting a Pakistani and Chinese flag ! oO

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...nion-ultimate-peacemaker-4.html#ixzz27FL5GsXO

oh sorry :hitwall: i thought u were asking about my ethnicity . among the kashmiri languages i speak Pahari shina uyghorcha and dardi koshur. Am an arab who never saw his ancestral land yet. My Dad is from Mecca . i was born here in Kashmir , but i live in china since 8 years now. did my basic studies in Kashmir there my intro :P

You a kashmiri Bro armstrong?

Hyperion & Armstrong:

I am of the view that we have NO escape from this situation without biting the bullet and making another sacrifice to make it work, because if Afghanistan stays in its current state it will become a process of slow poisoning for us. And i cant stress enough that i don't want a merger but a UAE like model with two governments but with synchronized areas of cooperation.

Agreed! Although, I'd wish for a tad more than the UAE model. :cheers:

A Swat of 647,500 km's?? No thanks.
Buddy, you confuse me a lot! :what:

Agreed! Although, I'd wish for a tad more than the UAE model. :cheers:

Buddy, you confuse me a lot! :what:

It has to start there, and then it will gradually evolve into its natural trajectory. Hastily made union will, backfire.
We need someone to whisper this into IK's ear, can it be arranged?

It has to start there, and then it will gradually evolve into its natural trajectory. Hastily made union will, backfire.
We need someone to whisper this into IK's ear, can it be arranged?
He is against it! :undecided:

We shall see, how this Afghan situation unfolds. It can always be an option at a later stage.

To tell you the truth, this American experiment was exactly what we needed before the big storm. Once the Yanks leave, NO ONE will ever DARE to come mess here again! :P

what do you mean?

It means, we cannot even control tiny Swat and Waziristan, how are we going to be able to control Afghanistan which is even in a worse condition than Swat and Waziristan

He is against it! :undecided:

Then he should provide the alternative answer to the above 10 questions because we can't live like a foolish ostrich and see ourselves bleed for another 50 years. If we don't fix it, we will lose it !

It means, we cannot even control tiny Swat and Waziristan, how are we going to be able to control Afghanistan which is even in a worse condition than Swat and Waziristan

Because you are NOT going to Control, you are going to Cooperate! Makes sense?

Then he should provide the alternative answer to the above 10 questions because we can't live like a foolish ostrich and see ourselves bleed for another 50 years. If we don't fix it, we will lose it !

Well, lets see how the situation unfolds. All in good time my friend. We are not going anywhere. Invaders will try to settle, and then grudgingly go back. This is the story of Afghanistan.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...nion-ultimate-peacemaker-5.html#ixzz27FPGuLrd

Who said anything about controlling them? we can't in a union you dont't control the people you control the foreign policy ideas and view points are same. A cooperation = Union economical and political Co operation. Just like EU. no one in the world can control AFGHANISTAN

Armstrong & Hyperion.

1: How would we solve terrorism and extremism in Afghanistan ?

We can't ! I fear that this is just the beginning of a protracted struggle for an insurgency that continues for decades to come ! The Taliban will continue hounding and harassing the American Forces there except they'd be safe in their compounds orchestrating behind closed doors with most of the grunt work carried out by the ANA which is kept at a distance from the Americans and the ever reliable drone ! Yes...perhaps the occasional Special Ops mission may figure in as well but that will be the exception to the rule ! And so the Taliban and the Americans are going to sling it out with each other for years till weariness finally creeps in and some sort of a closure is sort or perhaps it'll protract for another decade or so if not more. In the meantime the Taliban's continued presence on our soil and the TTP's continued presence on their soil is going to continue inching us towards the proverbial gallows till the point the very societal fabric of our Pukhtoon belt in particular and Pakistan in general is so torn that we'd be irrevocably damaged in ways that will ensure that we do not bounce back anytime soon. Unless of course it turns out that the Taliban really are on our side and however perverted their dogma maybe if it brings some semblance of stability to Afghanistan like it did the last time...then I say - Go for it !

2: How would we counter India in Afghanistan, unless you want to become a strategic sandwich !

Again I say - We can't ! The Indians have played it well and we've played it badly as usual ! Unless of course we get the Talibans to operate the way they did in defeating the Indian proxies like they did the last time.

3: How would we access Central Asia and Russia ?

Through China could be workable ! Or helping in setting up a railway link through Afghanistan will individual deals with local warlords (Taliban, Government or Otherwise !) maybe the only course of action available for us.

4: How would we create harmony between Pashtun tribes to sustain long lasting peace?

In Afghanistan - As if I give a foOk ! Okay I do - Taliban (they had a tinge of a Pashtun Nationalist thing too)

In Pakistan - We don't face that dilemma ! At the same time our Pashtuns need to be given access to all the amenities of life that brings some semblance of progress and prosperity to those trouble riddled areas.

5: How would we utilize our real potential without linking C.asia and Russia to Gwadar?

By linking China to Gwadar ! By making Gwadar the new Dubai ! By making Gwadar a word-class port with all the berths and facilities available for repairing, fueling and supplying any of the ships going through the Suez Canal to pay a visit to us ! By even enticing countries like Iran or even Egypt to view Gwadar as a stop-over to exporting their stuff to China or India ! And through them Russia or the Central Asian Republics and the Far East respectively ! A million possibilities.

6: How would we solve refugee problem?

Registering them, repatriating as many of them to Afghanistan and making wholesome employment opportunities made available in the Tribal Belt so that they commute back and forth between Pakistan and Afghanistan without staying in our country.

7: How would we avoid Afghanistan's dependance on our agriculture ?

By realizing how big a market it is and increasing our own yield proportionately !

8: How would we put up with an inevitable civil war in Afghanistan, are we prepared for another wave of refugees?

Taliban !

9: How would we counter drug production and its deadly effect on our society and economy?

Taliban !

10 How would we protect our western border post withdrawal?

Taliban and our own Tribals !

I really hate to say this dude but the Taliban are the only trump card we've got left and they're a double edged sword at that !

oh sorry :hitwall: i thought u were asking about my ethnicity . among the kashmiri languages i speak Pahari shina uyghorcha and dardi koshur. Am an arab who never saw his ancestral land yet. My Dad is from Mecca . i was born here in Kashmir , but i live in china since 8 years now. did my basic studies in Kashmir there my intro :P

You a kashmiri Bro armstrong?

AJK or J&K ? Yup...I'm an ethnic Kashmiri Buttt !

you are right. Taliban are a very effective and easy Solution. but will the afghan population Agree?

Butt sab! nice to meet you. toh chiv vari? ce kya chuy nav? do you understand?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom