What's new

Afghan Army to train in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading somewhere the Indian Army will train ANA. I have severe reservations to that preposition. IF true, the the question I have is that why should we allow the Indian Army to provide training to the ANA? Without being rude to my Indian counterparts here, I as a Pakistani feel that this opportunity can be used by Indian military to counter our influence in the region and can lead to anti-Pakistani sentiments in the ANA! Any thoughts on this by any members of the forum here? I hope not but I may be blowing it a bit out of proportion but this is my only fear as a Pakistani. Is the PA OK with this development? I mean the last thing we need is ANA being pro Indian right in our backyard! Any one here agrees?!

It's none of your business in the first place.

Its a relationship between two sovereign nations what has it got to do with pakistan.

Who gives a damn wheather PA likes it or not

:rofl::rofl:

Once US leaves Afghanistan, this puppit Afghan army will not be incharge, just guess who will be incharge. :cheers:

Its a relationship between two sovereign nations what has it got to do with pakistan.

I GUESS U R LIVING IN DREAMS :cheers:

I was very respectful to the Indian people in my statement and my comments were a genuine concern as a Pakistani. Your attitude is precisely the reason why I feel that way! And it is my DAMN business, having lost my family members in this phoney war the last thing I want is Indian influence in my back yard. You have no business in Afghanistan what so ever. We can train their military as good as you can then why shd we allow you to do it!? I hold nothing against the Afghan people or country but if any country in our neighbourhood is dong something that can have adverse affects for my country in future than it is my right to register my concerns and do somthing about it!!

Once US leaves Afghanistan, this puppit Afghan army will not be incharge, just guess who will be incharge. :cheers:

you have a point and Im thinking that the future of Afghanistan will certainly involve some kind of reconciliation with the Taliban. Now if that happens what kinda future will ANA have knowing how much anti-Indian Taliban are. I dont see this as a good idea for ANA to be trained by Indians!

We can train their military as good as you can then why shd we allow you to do it!? !!

It Govt. of Afghanistan's decision not yours to make.

If Afghan Govt. thinks their should be trained by Tuvalu Soilders so be it, its their call not pakistan's.

Well here we are talking about training ANA (Afghan National Army) which has nothing to do with Pakistan. You may feel bad about it but who are you to not allow Army of a soveirgn nation to take an Independent decision. Don't be rude to Afghans, as you are sounding in your comment above, as the country belongs to them not to you.

I am not being rude to Afghan people, I have a lot of Afghan mates in Islamabad so that is not my intentions here. I as a matter of fact see it the other way round, why would Afghans be so rude to us to have our enemies train their forces when they know we can train them as good as you can?! Why will they be rude when we have had Afghans live in our country for decades since soviet invasion is this how they are planning to return the favour!?

It Govt. of Afghanistan's decision not yours to make.

If Afghan Govt. thinks their should be trained by Tuvalu Soilders so be it, its their call not pakistan's.

Or could it be a gentle nudge from USA to the Afghan gov so they can somehow say to u that ur(Indian) 1 billion dollars of aid is not all going to waste.. If Paks getting some sort of strategic depth in Afghan... well then you are getting some share of the pie too!

I am not being rude to Afghan people, I have a lot of Afghan mates in Islamabad so that is not my intentions here. I as a matter of fact see it the other way round, why would Afghans be so rude to us to have our enemies train their forces when they know we can train them as good as you can?! Why will they be rude when we have had Afghans live in our country for decades since soviet invasion is this how they are planning to return the favour!?

Because pakistan screwed up Afghanistan pretty badly with their support for Taliban.

Taliban who inturn made Afghan lives miserable and shown them hell on earth.

Or could it be a gentle nudge from USA to the Afghan gov so they can somehow say to u that ur(Indian) 1 billion dollars of aid is not all going to waste.. If Paks getting some sort of strategic depth in Afghan... well then you are getting some share of the pie too!
Pardon me for involving in this very bilateral talk, but I couldn't resist jumping into an Afghanistan related thread as it is currently the place of world attention. IMO your army currently has a lot on its hands with militants crawling all over. Though there has been extensive programme to oust them, the attacks are still continuing and I believe that both your government and your military have their hands full with action.

China and India on the other hand, despite having their own problems have much more extensive tangible capability and can contribute. In fact, a multi-national cooperation in Afghanistan is a big source of international and intra-continental harmony especially in conflict ridden continent like yours in Asia.

How many conflicts do you Asians have?

North-South Korea, China-India-Pakistan, Pakistan-India-Taliban, (from a thread in Bangladeshi section), Bangladesh-India, Bangladesh-Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Israel-Arabs. What have I missed?

Goodness!:woot::blink:

Because pakistan screwed up Afghanistan pretty badly with their support for Taliban.

Taliban who inturn made Afghan lives miserable and shown them hell on earth.

and if it werent for Pak .. Afghanistan wd probably be still ruled by soviets! Is that how we screwed up?

and if it werent for Pak .. Afghanistan wd probably be still ruled by soviets! Is that how we screwed up?

Afghanistan was a better country under soviet occupation. It had a freer society with Women allowed to go where ever they wished and they were free to go to schools / colleges and takeup work.

There is no comparision with Soviet rule and Taliban rule.

I think Most people would prefer a soviet rule than a taliban one.

Afghanistan was a better country under soviet occupation. It had a freer society with Women allowed to go where ever they wished and they were free to go to schools / colleges and takeup work.

There is no comparision with Soviet rule and Taliban rule.

I think Most people would prefer a soviet rule than a taliban one.

I PREFER PAKISTANI RULE. :cheers:

Pardon me for involving in this very bilateral talk, but I couldn't resist jumping into an Afghanistan related thread as it is currently the place of world attention. IMO your army currently has a lot on its hands with militants crawling all over. Though there has been extensive programme to oust them, the attacks are still continuing and I believe that both your government and your military have their hands full with action.

China and India on the other hand, despite having their own problems have much more extensive tangible capability and can contribute. In fact, a multi-national cooperation in Afghanistan is a big source of international and intra-continental harmony especially in conflict ridden continent like yours in Asia.

How many conflicts do you Asians have?

North-South Korea, China-India-Pakistan, Pakistan-India-Taliban, (from a thread in Bangladeshi section), Bangladesh-India, Bangladesh-Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Israel-Arabs. What have I missed?

Goodness!:woot::blink:

It makes sense what you say with regards to our hands being full for now. But I I wdnt mind ANA being trained by China for that mattar. My argument is why India? When we know what is likely to happen to ANA and you have acknowledged in your post that Asia is a sensitive place then why make it more sensitive by allowing ANA to be trained by our precieved enemies?

Oh and You have missed Russia - Georgia in Europe and also Turkey-Israel recently .. (which some here in the UK consider as more Europeans than Asians!)

BTW I do hope you also know it is precisely because of European policies in the 19th century which is why most of the Asia is ridden with this menace. Be it India-Pakistan or Israel-Palestine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom