What's new

Afghan Army to train in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as indian engagement in Afghanistan is progress oriented and not hostile to its neighbors particularly Pakistan than nobody has any problem but that is very difficult to buy..!!!

sorry , but what makes you think like that ?? if it was to do any harm to Pakistan, India would have not opted for the civil development in afghanistan.

A stable neighbourhood is in India's interest, its policies are peace oriented.

All this money spent in Afghanistan by India is wasted IMO. Indian can never play the role Pakistan does in Afghanistan or even close to it for a variety of reasons. Simple waste of good taxpayer money which can be spent wisely in India itself.

Why can't it. U look at China. They are engulfing India from the west as well by the help of our dear neighbor. So can be in this case. However, the logic is implementation of policies, which ofcourse, we are not so gud at it. One day we will give everything to AF wt China gave to our dear neighbor. Make sense?:azn:

Relation with india is very good, and public opinion is also in favour of india.

hope we establish good relations based on mutual respect and interest with pakistan too as they are our neighbour.

Just as expected :tup:

absoloutely..it will be good for afghanistan, if they have good relation with all its neighbours..including India and pakistan...this will ensure peace for them..and thats the key for development..US is not going to be there for always...afghanistan Govt will have to take things in their own hands....and development of ANA is just as important.

Afghanistan do not have a modern military academy or training facilities. The country is also too unstable to build up these institutions. Sending them to India makes logic sense. They could have come to Pakistan instead if we had not created a mess in our faulty Afghan policy since 1976.

This news is not saying anything new. Afghan Officers and Cadets have been training in India for years. The numbers vary according to perceived needs and arrangements made therefrom. Even as we speak, there are Afghan cadets in the NDA for instance.
First of all, where Afghan personnel should be trained is the prerogative of the Afghan government and whichever country they can make arrangements with.
Of course we can have analytical opinions as to why it is happening or not happening some where.
i'm inclined to agree with your opinion as to why it is not happening in some country, but that is as far as i'd go.:cheers:

This news is not saying anything new. Afghan Officers and Cadets have been training in India for years. The numbers vary according to perceived needs and arrangements made therefrom. Even as we speak, there are Afghan cadets in the NDA for instance.
First of all, where Afghan personnel should be trained is the prerogative of the Afghan government and whichever country they can make arrangements with.
Of course we can have analytical opinions as to why it is happening or not happening some where.
i'm inclined to agree with your opinion as to why it is not happening in some country, but that is as far as i'd go.:cheers:

I have first hand knowledge on G2 , G3 and G7 as far as Indian side is concerned. My initial comment here was catered for the 'non-technical' readers.

That is a positive news to here considering that the Indians are significantly contributiing even though not with their own troops. Training a nation's army is a long and tedious process that requires commitments from both countries involved. Apart from receiving the adequate training, this helps in building better military to military and therefore positive diplomatic contacts.

China decided to help develop the industry of Afghanistan by trading in resources while Indians are helping in infrastructure and defense development. This is good if seen from Asian perspective as a continent as it depicts the capabilities of two Asian powers in the coming future. Perhaps in the coming decades, China and India could do more to help any region in Asia and therefore not need Western involvement in any sense at all.

Unfortunately there are very few stable countries in Asia and therefore without either China and India, very few are in a position to contribute in such a manner.

If the news is true, it indeed is a strategic advantage to India beyond Afghanistan

Its rather funny to see how the order of happenings change isnt it??10 years back Indian Army used to fight rebels who were trained in some camp in Afghanistan.Now,the same Indian Army is training the ANA to wipe out whatever is left of those very radical forces in Afghanistan...Isnt this called giving back a dosage of their own medicine???

Lots of respect for the ANA.They r doing one of the hardest job that any regular forces has ever did....to take out the Taliban rebels!!!

I was reading somewhere the Indian Army will train ANA. I have severe reservations to that preposition. IF true, the the question I have is that why should we allow the Indian Army to provide training to the ANA? Without being rude to my Indian counterparts here, I as a Pakistani feel that this opportunity can be used by Indian military to counter our influence in the region and can lead to anti-Pakistani sentiments in the ANA! Any thoughts on this by any members of the forum here? I hope not but I may be blowing it a bit out of proportion but this is my only fear as a Pakistani. Is the PA OK with this development? I mean the last thing we need is ANA being pro Indian right in our backyard! Any one here agrees?!

I was reading somewhere the Indian Army will train ANA. I have severe reservations to that preposition. IF true, the the question I have is that why should we allow the Indian Army to provide training to the ANA? Without being rude to my Indian counterparts here, I as a Pakistani feel that this opportunity can be used by Indian military to counter our influence in the region and can lead to anti-Pakistani sentiments in the ANA! Any thoughts on this by any members of the forum here? I hope not but I may be blowing it a bit out of proportion but this is my only fear as a Pakistani. Is the PA OK with this development? I mean the last thing we need is ANA being pro Indian right in our backyard! Any one here agrees?!

welll i fully agree with u indian never invest in something yet they are not fully saticfied that thwey willl hurt pakistan anyway but we need a strong leadership with good think tank from army to counter this black minded strategies

u r right in case of mentality,it will be affected.

I was reading somewhere the Indian Army will train ANA. I have severe reservations to that preposition. IF true, the the question I have is that why should we allow the Indian Army to provide training to the ANA?

Well here we are talking about training ANA (Afghan National Army) which has nothing to do with Pakistan. You may feel bad about it but who are you to not allow Army of a soveirgn nation to take an Independent decision. Don't be rude to Afghans, as you are sounding in your comment above, as the country belongs to them not to you.

Without being rude to my Indian counterparts here, I as a Pakistani feel that this opportunity can be used by Indian military to counter our influence in the region and can lead to anti-Pakistani sentiments in the ANA! Any thoughts on this by any members of the forum here? I hope not but I may be blowing it a bit out of proportion but this is my only fear as a Pakistani. Is the PA OK with this development? I mean the last thing we need is ANA being pro Indian right in our backyard! Any one here agrees?!

Your concerns may be valid but why do you think you can dictate Afghans. Believe me no matter what Pakistan does India will stand with Afghanistan as a friend/Partner without claiming any authority over the soveirgnity of their country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom