What's new

Afghan Army Chief’s Statement on Durand Line

Pakistan still has many cards to play in Afghanistan, and given our regional demographic and stronger position over Afghanistan we are very likely to keep it tamed by improving our relations with Russia, other Afghan ethnic groups and bringing China into the mix.

The Pashtun supremacist can go weep in Jalalabad.

It was actually pashtun supremacist which led the British to divide the Pashtuns and draw a durand line which made Pastuns a minority in their own land (Afghanistan)

The "army chief" should concentrate on the affairs of his own country, rather than worrying about an internationally recognised border. As for any unification, he should ask the opinion of the Pakhtuns of Pakistan. The response at worst will be a beating and at best a tirade of swear words in Pashto.

The "army chief" should concentrate on the affairs of his own country, rather than worrying about an internationally recognised border. As for any unification, he should ask the opinion of the Pakhtuns of Pakistan. The response at worst will be a beating and at best a tirade of swear words in Pashto.

Think about it, reasons for Pakistan to invade Afghanistan and occupy / annex part of it in future in case of uncalled Afghani incursion :sick:

While I'm against redrawing boundaries as it only leads to pain, the Afgan British treaty was what the Chinese call -unequal treaty enforced by imperialists.

Pakistanis otherwise whole heartedly support China's rejection of such ''unequal treaties enforced by imperialists''. A bit of consistency will give their position some moral weight!

no worry he is on drug and having "fun" with newspapir reporter. As its well known how these ppl love boys. Thats why Americans dont want too leave too.

There are 2 choice we have

1. Make an impenetrable border between Afghanistan and Pakistan sort of like north and south korea, Isreal and west bank.

2. Based on pushtun majority in Pakistan annex the pasthun part of Afghanistan(and see the rise of crime and drugs cartels)

I say the first option is best. We have enough of our own problem and the major chunk of them is due to our interaction with Afghanistan.

These ungrateful ppl not only opposed our creation, tried to invade us, for 3 decades they have been feeding of Pakistan like leech worms, and in return gave us the gifts of violence.

No wonder ALLAH is angry with them and they are suffering because of their sins and we are suffering because of interaction with them

Because of Afghanistan the name of Pakistan has suffered unrecoverable loss and now we are compared to the like of Somalia etc.

The only path to success is to place an Iron curtain between them and us.

a paternal uncle of mine runs a small Engineering consulting group --- they build bridges (literally, not symbolically, lol) of varying type. . .

they had a project in Afghanistan but base of operations and main planning done in Peshawar. The Afghans were crying and b*tching that most of the manpower being used was being imported (from Pakistan). Even some of the equipments and materials (earth-diggers included, since this is before all the donours and investors were rushing in)

so he scaled back on the number of Pakistanis and then hired Afghans -- a 50-50 mix.

the Afghans showed up to work late....consistently....showed attitude. Complained about how long the shifts were...i mean, these guys demonstrated nothing but gross incompetence....almost to the point of creating a dangerous and toxic working environment.the job got done; but with MUCH difficulty

and the worst part is --- they come to Pakistan -- steal our jobs -- and then act as if we owe em something!!!!!

i feel like Afghanistan is the little brother who needs a lot of discipline and lessons.....maybe even some 'boot camp' to impart some manners and discipline into them. They are brothers, but they are also damn fools sometimes. Led astray by their reckless leaders (I mean warlords) who land them in trouble.

Iranian knew how to deal with refugee crisis effectively. Whereas, we f*cked up big time with our lax oversight.

How can these two bolded statements be possible together ?

And you got thanked as well.:cheesy:

You do condemn this chief, but you forgot that you also broke Pakistani land, remember it?

My dear, that subject would have been discussed and discussed in appropriate threads. Suffice it to say, it takes two to tango. For the moment let us look after the Afghan Military Chief. I hope peace returns to your beautiful "watan". I want to visit Kabul, which was so beautiful with wide avenues, orchards and restaurants like the Marco Polo. I was there decades back. Where is the singer Nashnas?

How can these two bolded statements be possible together ?

And you got thanked as well.:cheesy:

i'm just simply describing to you what happened......i've heard similar stories about some of their cadets in the 'ANA'.

they come to Pakistan, take jobs (mostly menial ones --but jobs nevertheless), a lot of them are getting free healthcare; since there are Pakistani doctors and NGOs that see and treat these people free of cost. They dont pay taxes, they are bound by no movement restrictions (unlike what the far more prepared Iranians did)

i have nothing against people I can call brothers. But they are 'troubled' brothers. You have never been to Pakistan and certainly haven't been to Peshawar or anywhere else in KP or FATA areas; so there's no way you would either fathom what I am saying or understand it.

I belong to that side of Pakistan and I have seen the social and economic costs of having to deal with this unstable and unruly neighbour --a country that has been screwed over as much by foreign invaders as by their own 'leaders' (warlords).

again --- wouldnt expect you --being indian and all -- to understand

While I'm against redrawing boundaries as it only leads to pain, the Afgan British treaty was what the Chinese call -unequal treaty enforced by imperialists.

Pakistanis otherwise whole heartedly support China's rejection of such ''unequal treaties enforced by imperialists''. A bit of consistency will give their position some moral weight!

Its one thing to hate some one, in your case Pakistan. It is completely another to let your hate take over rationality.

So much of this discussion is simply going in the wrong direction -- The Afghan COAS is simply saying what is considered common knowledge and sense in Afghanistan - which should give you a clue how knowledge and sense are oxymoron when used in the Afghan context.

The more interesting question is Pakistan's role in fostering the kind of image and "knowledge and sense" it has fostered about itself among Afghans - Afghan society is rather simple, in so far, as what they think of Pakistan - they think it's a push over, that it's center is "mushy", "soft", "unauthentic" - now they only think this because Pakistan promote this impression --

Why would the COAS say the border is the Indus? Well, look at these anachronisms, these expediencies, these bargaining chips that are the FATA and PATA -- Are these really Pakistan?? Show me!! Pakistani state jealous and insistent that only Pakistani state authority will prevail there?? Pakistan government services available to all there??, Pakistani police and army "Willing" to assert themselves and their legal authority to assert themselves there??

See, friends, please take it a little easy on the Afghans - If you call them "brothers" then be brothers - help them and set them straight when it's required - and there is an ethic at work when setting them straight, if you want them to respect you, make sure they know you not only have the ability to inflict hurt, but the WILL to do so - they are quick learners, Firm but Fair, actually works.

Worried about Afghans with Pakistani ID cards? You should be - but you should be worried about Afghanistan failing to absorb the EXPECTATIONS of it's population and then you will see mass migration into Pakistan and Iran -- Can you blame them? Do Afghan fathers and mothers want less than a brighter future for their children?? And when, it's not IF, it's WHEN, they come, they will cause social disruption and political disruption and ethnic clashes, UNLESS, Pakistan's economy enables the absorption of these and government services, particularly education, socializes them in to the ethic of being Pakistani, not Muslims, but Pakistanis.

Pakistan didn't sign the agreement. The agreement was signed between Afghanistan and the British. Why did Afghans sign the deal and cry now. The British are out, Pakistanis are in and this agreement was not signed by us so we have no agreement with Afghanistan.

And Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Blaochistan all decided to be part of Pakistan in a referendum in 1947. Its only Kashmir that was not given a referendum and Kashmir is therefore the only disputed territory in the region.

Afghanistan is an irrevelant country. Troops from a dozen countries are in this so called country doing what they please while regional players use this "country" as a football stadium. Afghans have no right to talk about other countries.

As for Indian Muslims, you keep those dravidians in your own country, it was a big mistake inviting people like Altaf Hussein in our PAK SARZAMEEN.

british signed it and not pakistan??so if durand line is not a problem kashmir is also not..ahhhhhh but it were the brits who made pakistan..
and lolz indian muslims dravidians??? ha ha ha and it was a mistake inviting??WHF it was no invitation it was a deal..the muslims who were to go to east and west pakistan left their lands and homes in india and the hindus in east and west pak left their homes and lands, if u were to say that we donot want muzahirs then there was no questions of pakistan to be formed. U punjabis donot own pakistan the mujahirs have an equal stake if not more.east and west pakistan combined was 33% of the land of then india for 33% of the muslims of then india, ye pakistan tum punjabiyo ka zajhir nahi hai..hum chahe to aur musalmaan india se bhej saktey hein wapas mein pakistan ke hindu yahan aa saktey hein..;)

if anything all pukhtoon areas of Afghanistan will become Pakistan... InshALLAH.

Have you even seen these areas? You want Pakistan to have even more problems with tribals idiots? And how would Pakistan support these people? Pakistan would have to create an economy that would have to be the wonder of Asia -- and if Pakistan could do that, there would be no need for such discussions in the first place.

It's a system, a "whole", at the center of which is the Economy - -- what makes more sense, I billion poor or 100 million rich?

All of these problems we discuss, the center of it is the Economy, or rather the lack of one - Pakistan is already 180 million, and that's huge, it really is - however, the Pakistan economy does not allow it's citizens to fully partake - it's monopoly business and it's isolated, you think $25 billion in exports is a big deal?, but why not focus on the internal market, a much larger pool of customers, manufacturers and retailers and if you really want to increase exports and eat the Indians lunch at the same time, why not compete with the products India exports to China?

Please be encouraged to think of the economy and how all these problems are a result of that economy not functioning as it should ---- Pakistan government unable ot exert itself in it's own territory? Why? Because it cannot afford to ($$) - Police corrupt and inefficient? Why? Because they cannot be paid what they are or ought to be worth ($$) Army ineffective? WHy? Because exerting itself costs Money - Politicians stealing from the public treasury? Why? because wealth is concentrated in the hands of the government instead of the people. Afghans making impolite noises? Why? because the Pakistani state whose back bone is the economy, is unable to walk the talk. Young Pakistanis looking to get out of Pakistan? Why? Economy does not provide opportunities.

What will it take to change this and make the economy the focus of the nation??

So much of this discussion is simply going in the wrong direction -- The Afghan COAS is simply saying what is considered common knowledge and sense in Afghanistan - which should give you a clue how knowledge and sense are oxymoron when used in the Afghan context.

The more interesting question is Pakistan's role in fostering the kind of image and "knowledge and sense" it has fostered about itself among Afghans - Afghan society is rather simple, in so far, as what they think of Pakistan - they think it's a push over, that it's center is "mushy", "soft", "unauthentic" - now they only think this because Pakistan promote this impression --

Why would the COAS say the border is the Indus? Well, look at these anachronisms, these expediencies, these bargaining chips that are the FATA and PATA -- Are these really Pakistan?? Show me!! Pakistani state jealous and insistent that only Pakistani state authority will prevail there?? Pakistan government services available to all there??, Pakistani police and army "Willing" to assert themselves and their legal authority to assert themselves there??

See, friends, please take it a little easy on the Afghans - If you call them "brothers" then be brothers - help them and set them straight when it's required - and there is an ethic at work when setting them straight, if you want them to respect you, make sure they know you not only have the ability to inflict hurt, but the WILL to do so - they are quick learners, Firm but Fair, actually works.

Worried about Afghans with Pakistani ID cards? You should be - but you should be worried about Afghanistan failing to absorb the EXPECTATIONS of it's population and then you will see mass migration into Pakistan and Iran -- Can you blame them? Do Afghan fathers and mothers want less than a brighter future for their children?? And when, it's not IF, it's WHEN, they come, they will cause social disruption and political disruption and ethnic clashes, UNLESS, Pakistan's economy enables the absorption of these and government services, particularly education, socializes them in to the ethic of being Pakistani, not Muslims, but Pakistanis.

Than what is Pakistan if FATA & PATA are not Pakistan? you mean Afghanistan service available to them? or you mean that because of some ill statements we should not hold in control those areas? what are you talking about? why we should let them talk over our territory when we have to talk over territory in Afghanistan? Why not we should claim boundaries of Pashtoon belt in Afghanistan? Why we are ever talking in retreated mode? Our army is there to secure Pakistani border and we should damn care if there is no counter respect over certain issues.

Have you even seen these areas? You want Pakistan to have even more problems with tribals idiots? And how would Pakistan support these people? Pakistan would have to create an economy that would have to be the wonder of Asia -- and if Pakistan could do that, there would be no need for such discussions in the first place.

It's a system, a "whole", at the center of which is the Economy - -- what makes more sense, I billion poor or 100 million rich?

All of these problems we discuss, the center of it is the Economy, or rather the lack of one - Pakistan is already 180 million, and that's huge, it really is - however, the Pakistan economy does not allow it's citizens to fully partake - it's monopoly business and it's isolated, you think $25 billion in exports is a big deal?, but why not focus on the internal market, a much larger pool of customers, manufacturers and retailers and if you really want to increase exports and eat the Indians lunch at the same time, why not compete with the products India exports to China?

Please be encouraged to think of the economy and how all these problems are a result of that economy not functioning as it should ---- Pakistan government unable ot exert itself in it's own territory? Why? Because it cannot afford to ($$) - Police corrupt and inefficient? Why? Because they cannot be paid what they are or ought to be worth ($$) Army ineffective? WHy? Because exerting itself costs Money - Politicians stealing from the public treasury? Why? because wealth is concentrated in the hands of the government instead of the people. Afghans making impolite noises? Why? because the Pakistani state whose back bone is the economy, is unable to walk the talk. Young Pakistanis looking to get out of Pakistan? Why? Economy does not provide opportunities.

What will it take to change this and make the economy the focus of the nation??

Impressive but off topic. Didn't make sense with this thread.

Back
Top Bottom