What's new

Afghan Army Chief’s Statement on Durand Line

Where is the stupid foreign ministry of GOP? They should give a strong statement for this insane statement of Afghan chief.

Its more of a reason for Pakistan to support the Afghan Taliban and the Haqqani network.

Pakistan can destroy this ANA and Karzai's government indirectly, and pretend to be friendly with the Afghan government ;)

You can't be 'friendly with Afghanistan' by ignoring 60% of Afghanistan's 'non-Pashtun' population.

I agree that the leadership that descended from the NA is virulently anti-Pakistan, but as reconciliation moves forward in Afghanistan, we need to open a dialog with them and reassure them that we will not support a return to the sectarian and ethnic violence of the Afghan civil war. And if we can encourage the Taliban leadership to engage with Karzai and the US to come to a 'political solution to the Afghan insurgency', then surely it would be easier to encourage the Taliban leadership to engage with the non-Pashtun leadership and reassure each other of 'respecting the other side'.

Afghanistan will have to be a loose federation with the provinces having significant autonomy, at least until the memories of ethnic violence fade and the various political players can trust each other.

Interesting point here is "In 1893 afghanistan signed this treaty with india not with pakistan, so it has nothing to do with pakistan!!!

Afghans should go to fight with indians who gave their land to pakistan!!!

They signed it with the British, not with India.

Technically Pakistan is a successor state of the British Colony of India, and therefore the agreement continues to be valid, and there is no 'expiration date'.

This is nothing like Hong Kong, plus, the NWFP chose to overwhelmingly join Pakistan in a referendum, so Pakistan has both the people and the legality of the agreement on its side.

My friend, why should we consider the Pashtuns only in everything and ignore the others? as if the rest of us dont exist or what.

It was solely in the context of that particular's posters original comments - otherwise you know that I completely agree with your position.

Ah! Another reason why the PA desperately wants the Taliban to take control of Afghanistan once the Americans withdraw. They have their task cut out - To prevent Indian influence in Afghanistan at all costs and install a pliable government (Read Taliban) there. Otherwise with India and guys like the Afghan Army chief around, things would become pretty hot.

And that's what this war is all about. QED!

Absolute bullshit and that of indian quality too, afghans generals or taliban can claim kp and so on and so on they can even get in bed with india but who is gonna give them heart and balls to come and demand territory beyond durrand line.

Last time then they ran with their tail between their legs, and they were just confronted by old men.

Mr.General if anything all pukhtoon areas of Afghanistan will become Pakistan... InshALLAH.
-
Ancient_Khorasan_highlighted.jpg

-
pakistan_ethnic_PC.jpg

-
I can't find video of Pakistani General who told Americans in their face that if anything a large part of Afghan will become part of Pakistan based on Pukhtoon majority being in Pakistan... If someone could find and post that video...!!!

I suspect you know the answer to your question. The situation is not the same between Pak and Afghanistan. And unity does not mean only unification as one country. Confederation may be one option. Confederation with common control and autonomy to the tribal areas on either side of the Line may be another. There would definitely be other options acceptable to all.

I dont know the answer, please let me know what it is. unification or confederation-non of them is needed.

this one is fo afghan stupid geneal [video]http://youtu.be/liaWG83wYUQ[/video]

Ah! Another reason why the PA desperately wants the Taliban to take control of Afghanistan once the Americans withdraw. They have their task cut out - To prevent Indian influence in Afghanistan at all costs and install a pliable government (Read Taliban) there. Otherwise with India and guys like the Afghan Army chief around, things would become pretty hot.

And that's what this war is all about. QED!

There is much hope and desperation among head of some people to see the Taliban in Afghanistan, here is what the Taliban say:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is much hope and desperation among head of some people to see the Taliban in Afghanistan, here is what the Taliban say:

No doubt the Taliban are a threat not only to the Afghans but to Pakistan, the entire South-East Asia and the world as a whole.

Where is the stupid foreign ministry of GOP? They should give a strong statement for this insane statement of Afghan chief.

I disagree Areesh see you dont bark back at dogs now do you, you just ignore them. GOP should make a sincere effort to reconcile with the GOA and also get home the point that any disabling elements from their end wouldnt be tolerated or talked to.

Then there is the possibility that this guy is oiling the Americans to take over once Karzai gets knocked out or runs away to mange his Afghan food chain in USA. Both the possibilities are imminent.

Then there is the possibility that this guy is oiling the Americans to take over once Karzai gets knocked out or runs away to mange his Afghan food chain in USA. Both the possibilities are imminent.

You do condemn this chief, but you forgot that you also broke Pakistani land, remember it?

thanks for posting....tell your people to stop coming into our country then, and to DEFINITELY stop demanding Pakistani national identification cards.

in near future, we are going to see a lot of demographic shifts ---because Afghans born to AFGHAN parents are now having Pakistani citizenship. It worries me a lot, actually. Especially being a resident of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and having seen first-hand such changes taking place.

the problem with Afghans is that you are your own worst enemy.....but somehow you manage to embroil others in your affairs and then act like we owe something to you people......

to deny the cost Pakistan has paid because of millions of Afghan refugees (God bless the souls of the genuine, law abiding ones) --- many of them bring their drugs and their criminal tendencies with them to Pakistan.

as for the taleban dude in the video above -- I don't think what he says really matters.....he lost his credibility when he started bringing ethnic talks into it. Usually "fundamentalists" are not concerned with ethnicity, since Islam frowns upon ethnic supremacy type things

Back
Top Bottom