What's new

ACI terminating joint venture agreement with Dabur

Yes but Dabur never became popular in BD.
It is possible. Sometimes very good brands struggle in a new territory. Happens within India too. Let alone another country

Whatever makes Dabur Mgmt. sleep at night.

By feeding a line to the Dalal Street folks in Mumbai. :omghaha:

Acquiring shares of a partner is very common in the corporate world. Foreign companies in India have also done it in the past. Not everything is an emotional decision or elicits an emotional response

Yes but Dabur never became popular in BD.
No worries we have other markets to serve. They have become quite popular in the market of Middle Eastern countries. Some of its hair care products in the personal care segment have ranked at number one in countries like Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and UAE.

In FY22, Dabur earned over 25٪ of its revenues from the international market

It is possible. Sometimes very good brands struggle in a new territory. Happens within India too. Let alone another country

Acquiring shares of a partner is very common in the corporate world. Foreign companies in India have also done it in the past. Not everything is an emotional decision or elicits an emotional response

I know.

No one in Bangladesh who can afford EU or US or even brands from say Singapore, will buy Dabur or Marico garbage.

That is reserved for lower middle class folks in Bangladesh, unlike in India. No offense.

Marico does well for one reason. The lower middle class people buy their cheap coconut oil. That is it.

Dabur and Marico are not garbage by any stretch of imagination. Its good that Bangladeshis have started consuming even better and more expensive foreign stuff, but doesn't mean others are shit

No one in Bangladesh who can afford EU or US or even brands from say Singapore, will buy Dabur or Marico garbage.

That is reserved for lower middle class folks in Bangladesh, unlike in India. No offense.

Marico does well for one reason. The lower middle class people buy their cheap coconut oil. That is it.

Dabur and Marico are not garbage by any stretch of imagination. Its good that Bangladeshis have started consuming even better and more expensive foreign stuff, but doesn't mean others are shit
Bro you should know he is a Bangladeshi after all who has deep rooted hatred against Hindus and India. It'd be quite foolish to assume that fanatics like him would praise or even support our local brands. Inferiority complex have simply eaten over his head. FYI, he has its root originated in West Pakistan

Last edited:
Bro you should know he is a Bangladeshi after all who has a deep rooted against Hindus and India. It'd be quite foolish to assume that fanatics like him would praise or support our local brands. Inferiority complex have simply eaten over his head

I don't expect or desire praise for our brands. They are what they are. Even Pakistanis don't trash talk our products the way some Bangladeshis do.

Anyway, I am out of this thread as any topic that has India and BD in the same paragraph ultimately descends into the same abyss

I don't expect or desire praise for our brands. They are what they are. Even Pakistanis don't trash talk our products the way some Bangladeshis do.

Anyway, I am out of this thread as any topic that has India and BD in the same paragraph ultimately descends into the same abyss
Bangladesh share in India's merchandise export basket for the FY22 is 3.82٪ but if you take into the account of Bangladesh overall import basket, then India's share would range in between 20-25٪ but these mofos talk like as if they're doing a favour on us

Last edited:

But that’s majority of your population. Bangladeshi “affluent” are not as “affluent” in comparison and they are a minority among a minority.

Having said that, none of the brands you mentioned are “garbage”. Not even by a long shot. Unless they intentionally export shit tier products to Bangladesh which isn’t really possible.

Last edited:

I have no prejudices against a company trying to gain foreign market share using above-board principles.

Unfortunately - as too often seen in the past in Bangladesh, some Indian companies have tried to gain market share using illicit ways and using Indian home market volume advantages (and also using influence on the Bangladesh trade ministry to affect tariffs to their advantage). They do not believe in playing in a level playing field. Let's just leave it at that.

This is unfortunate while the Indian govt. also remains oblivious to the NTB's and high tariffs applied to our Bangladeshi exports to India. This has affected our incomes (my families as well as many friends in the Chambers' of commerce in Bangladesh). I realize one cannot expect fairness from Banya communities in India, but why expect the same from us in Bangladesh?

Indian Dadagiri is real and as long as that attitude remains, Bangladesh business community will not welcome Indian investments - period.

How this state of affairs has come about - ask Indian Banyas themselves, starting from people like Adani and Ambani all the way to Munjal of Hero Motors. They have caused this "reputation" by themselves.

Some bhakts here will try to paint me as a Hindu-hater. I have no issues with religious labels people impose on themselves or on others. They are equally angels or scoundrels.

My concern is purely a question of money and marketshare. You don't play nice - so we won't either.

Look at what is happening.

Bangladesh govt. has banned import of India onions, potatoes, wheat and last week, meat of all sorts. This will keep happening until we level the playing field.

Bangladesh share in India's merchandise export basket for the FY22 is 3.82٪ but if you take into the account of Bangladesh overall import basket, then India's share would range in between 20-25٪ but these mofos talk like as if they're doing a favour on us

Buying your exports are not doing you a favor? When we can buy from anyone? :lol:

Did you know Bangladeshi tourists are the top source of income for your tourism sector?

Did you know Bangladesh is OFFICIALLY the fourth largest source of remittance for India (unofficially a lot more)?

Whose money does India run on?

Indian total receipt from Bangladesh in terms of all revenue will be close to $40~$50 Billion, all told.

Have some gratitude and don't call us names... :coffee:

I have no prejudices against a company trying to gain foreign market share using above-board principles.

Unfortunately - as too often seen in the past in Bangladesh, some Indian companies have tried to gain market share using illicit ways and using Indian home market volume advantages (and also using influence on the Bangladesh trade ministry to affect tariffs to their advantage). They do not believe in playing in a level playing field. Let's just leave it at that.

This is unfortunate while the Indian govt. also remains oblivious to the NTB's and high tariffs applied to our Bangladeshi exports to India. This has affected our incomes (my families as well as many friends in the Chambers' of commerce in Bangladesh). I realize one cannot expect fairness from Banya communities in India, but why expect the same from us in Bangladesh?

Indian Dadagiri is real and as long as that attitude remains, Bangladesh business community will not welcome Indian investments - period.

How this state of affairs has come about - ask Indian Banyas themselves, starting from people like Adani and Ambani all the way to Munjal of Hero Motors. They have caused this "reputation" by themselves.

Some bhakts here will try to paint me as a Hindu-hater. I have no issues with religious labels people impose on themselves or on others. They are equally angels or scoundrels.

My concern is purely a question of money and marketshare. You don't play nice - so we won't either.

Bangladesh govt. has banned import of India onions, potatoes, wheat and last week, meat of all sorts. This will keep happening until we level the playing field.

I am not a defender of manipulative business practices. My posts in this thread were of a very limited nature:
  1. Not every separation is bitter.
  2. Not all Indian products are crap.
Using volume muscle is unfortunately what everyone does. China does it to India, India has been doing it to Bangladesh. This is not inherently unethical.

Indian companies doing dadagiri is unacceptable. I am not aware of trade barriers between India and Bangladesh as I am not well read on that front. But what you are saying is entirely possible. Big businesses are not saints, not in our country, not in any country.

Did you know Bangladesh is OFFICIALLY the fourth largest source of remittance for India (unofficially a lot more)?:coffee:
According to the latest World Bank data, the United States sent the maximum inward remittance to India, followed by: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait. UN Report: Last Decade Saw 16.5 Million Pakistanis Migrate Overseas followed by India (3.5 million), Bangladesh, (2.9 million), Nepal (1.6 million) and Sri Lanka (1.0 million)

It's a good news! Bangladeshi companies should seek partnership with friendly countries , not with enemy like Indian companies!
So you guys consider Indian corporates as your enemies?

Last edited:
If your govt bans agri imports from India, then who'll supply these essential items to your swampland? The Russia-Ukraine war is having an devastating impact on the global supply chain, fueling dramatic cost increases and creating catastrophic food shortages around the world. Nonetheless our agri exports in fy 2021-22 had grown by 20٪ to touch $50.21 billion despite unprecedented logistical challenges

How much did you guys exported back to China after the CCP opened their market to Bangladeshi RMG producers? :taz:

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom