What's new

Abu Dhabi Group sign investment worth $45 billion

F.O.X

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
2_15_2013_88192_l.jpg

ABU DHABI: An agreement has been signed between Malik Riaz and Abu Dhabi group to build the tallest building in the world in Karachi.

The agreement worth $45 billion will provide employment to 2.5 million people in Pakistan.

$35 billion worth of investments will be made in Sindh, while $10 billion will be invested in Islamabad and Lahore. The agreement amounts to the largest foreign investment in Pakistan.

Apart from building the world tallest building in Pakistan’s financial hub, Sports City, International City, Media City, Educational and Medical City. Miniatures’ of the world’s seven wonders will also be built as part of this project.

Malik Riaz, Abu Dhabi Group sign investment worth $45 billion - geo.tv

Probably never going to happen. Just news---- *yawn*.

ABU DHABI: An agreement has been signed between Malik Riaz and Abu Dhabi group to build the tallest building in the world in Karachi.

The agreement worth $45 billion will provide employment to 2.5 million people in Pakistan.

$35 billion worth of investments will be made in Sindh, while $10 billion will be invested in Islamabad and Lahore. The agreement amounts to the largest foreign investment in Pakistan.

Apart from building the world tallest building in Pakistan’s financial hub, Sports City, International City, Media City, Educational and Medical City. Miniatures’ of the world’s seven wonders will also be built as part of this project.

Malik Riaz, Abu Dhabi Group sign investment worth $45 billion - geo.tv

Whose a*s is burnt...... Abhi pata chal jaega...

$45 billion!!!!! :woot: And what is Abu Dhabi getting in return? Are the assets gonna be owned by them and profits accrued plowed back to Abu Dhabi? So what's in it for Pakistan except for some swanky buildings for the rich and famous? :undecided:

$45 billion!!!!! :woot: So what's in it for Pakistan except for some swanky buildings for the rich and famous? :undecided:

Yes , 45 billion $ ... Countries usually invest when they are sure of getting something in return :azn: ...

This is whats in it for Pakistan , infrastructure development and economical progression ... Cant you read the thread first before ridiculing yourself with such stupid posts ?

Well this is something to see....

What Malik Riaz wants, he gets. He is IMO the only man in Pakistan who can come up with such mega projects.

Would be interesting to see the outcome of this project...

Of course , All the investments & good things Happen to India ... am i Right ?

Throughout my tenure in this forum i have come across numerous threads on "investment projects" or "world class facilities" in pakistan. Like a bad fortune cookie, all of these--without exception have ended in tears. Even the BRT lahore thread running right now--is a joke.

What is this abu-dhabi group getting in return anyway? Its sounds very far fetched and therefore very unlikely.

I personally find it hard to believe that 45$ billion will be invested in a country which is politically unstable and a security nightmare for buildings owned by outsiders.
relatively speaking it will be larger investment that the total federal budget if the GOP itself for a year. What will the investors get in return?
of course i could be wrong and please feel free to refute me with facts.

Abu Dahbi Group is an Private equity Company owned by Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan Deputy Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates .

You mean Abu Dhabi United Group which was rumored to be part of ADIA (largest sovereign wealth fund in the world)?

My understanding was that ADUG is NOT part of ADIA and and hence would not have that much money. Secondly even if it was part of ADIA, ADIA's asset allocation strategy does not allow them so much exposure to real estate or alternative investments (private equity), atleast not in one go.

I'm actually in this industry and highly suspect the 45BN number. Of course not impossible.

What is this abu-dhabi group getting in return anyway? Its sounds very far fetched and therefore very unlikely.

The Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment (ADUG), مجموعة أبوظبي الاتحاد للتنمية والاستثمار,' is a United Arab Emirates (UAE) private equity company owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan,[1] member of the Abu Dhabi Royal Family and Minister of Presidential Affairs for the UAE.[2][3] The Group was formed as the investment vehicle for the takeover of Manchester City Football Club in 2008.[4]

Enlighten yourself ...

This is whats in it for Pakistan , infrastructure development and economical progression ... Go troll on BRF ...
Constructing miniatures of the world’s seven wonders amounts to 'infrastructure development and economic progression'??? :woot: Now why didn't I know that? :undecided: :rofl:

I must be missing something here. Unless I'm trolling! :P

Back
Top Bottom